• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dreamfall Chapters: Book Two out on March 10th, trailer on Feb 24th

dmr87

Looking forward to it, enjoyed part one.

Dreamfall Chapters Book Two: Rebels arrives on Steam, GOG and the Humble Store for Windows/Mac/Linux Tuesday March 10th.

The highly rated and Kickstarter funded follow-up to adventure classics The Longest Journey and Dreamfall, Dreamfall Chapters is an episodic story-driven adventure about choice and consequence set in parallel worlds: a cyberpunk vision of the future and a magical fantasy realm.

Book Two continues the story that began with Book One, and follows protagonists Kian Alvane and Zoë Castillo on their journeys to uncover the conspiracy that threatens the twin worlds of order and chaos.

In addition to revisiting locations and characters from Book One, Book Two contains a brand new city to explore: Marcuria, the capital of the Northlands, home to the Azadi occupying forces and the resistance.

The first full trailer for Book Two will arrive February 24th.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/redthread/dreamfall-chapters-the-longest-journey/posts/1140594

Life Is Strange AND Dreamfall Chapters in March aww yiss

life_is_strange_chloe_dancing_by_digi_matrix-d8g18w3.gif

Amir0x

Banned
How is that game Messofanego? I need the story to be really good if the puzzles/choices aren't convincing, so let me know if it's worth buying down the line!

Corpekata

Banned
How is that game Messofanego? I need the story to be really good if the puzzles/choices aren't convincing, so let me know if it's worth buying down the line!

Story and choices are good and actually subtle. You can end up with an entirely different job and cast of supporting characters for the first chapter, and I had no clue until I saw that people didn't get to experience the greatness of Shitbot.

Puzzles aren't much yet.

Edit: I'm a dummy and you were talking about Life is Strange.

Amir0x

Banned
Story and choices are good and actually subtle. You can end up with an entirely different job and cast of supporting characters for the first chapter, and I had no clue until I saw that people didn't get to experience the greatness of Shitbot.

Puzzles aren't much yet.

Edit: I'm a dummy and you were talking about Life is Strange.

haha yeah I know Dreamfall Chapters is pretty decent I played it :D

Kimaka

Great news. It's right before Pillars of Eternity. I was afraid they might conflict.

March is going to be amazing.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Book one was awesome. so can't wait. hope the dialogue/writing stay on that awesome quality of book 1.

Here was my review. Best realised high school in a game. It's one of the only games that's coming-of-age which is about friends changing over time so much that you become estranged from them. Reminded me of Ghost World and my own personal experience with childhood friends. It's more a destruction of nostalgia than what the art direction and soundtrack let on. The characters are well-drawn and go beyond the archetypes if you decide to engage with all of them. The environments are incredibly detailed with lots of environmental storytelling that can be easy to miss. The time rewind mechanic allows you to replay choices which is something missing in other games with choices, so experimentation is encouraged with no need for save scumming.

Not to mention it's an absolutely gorgeous autumn game.

Lime

I forgot, how many book chapters will there be in total? I'm waiting on playing this until everything has released.

Karak

Here was my review. Best realised high school in a game. It's one of the only games that's coming-of-age which is about friends changing over time so much that you become estranged from them. Reminded me of Ghost World and my own personal experience with childhood friends. It's more a destruction of nostalgia than what the art direction and soundtrack let on. The characters are well-drawn and go beyond the archetypes if you decide to engage with all of them. The environments are incredibly detailed with lots of environmental storytelling that can be easy to miss. The time rewind mechanic allows you to replay choices which is something missing in other games with choices, so experimentation is encouraged with no need for save scumming.

Not to mention it's an absolutely gorgeous autumn game.
Agree with this. Game has the chops and has a very unique feel. Probably my current game of 2015. Though we arn't far in.

Durante

I think I'll wait until all episodes are out before playing, I just don't like this episodic format for story-driven games.

Denton

Same here, I am waiting for full Game of Thrones season, full Kentucky Route Zero, Life is Strange and Dreamfall Chapters. These episodic games sure took off, but it ain't for me.

Ran rp

I just started Dreamfall: The Longest Journey the other day. Hopefully Dreamfall Chapters releases on the PS4 soon enough. Edit: I actually just got into the Longest Journey games because of Life is Strange, haha. Mid March is too long of a wait for Episode 2.

FoneBone

Maybe completely irrational, but the amount of time between episodes makes me worry that they're going to run out of funding before they finish.

jediyoshi

Revelations 2, Dreamfall Chapters, Life is Strange, Tales of Borderlands, Republique. Episodic games have risen from their slumber and brought female protagonists with it.

If the "Limited" GTA V servers prevent me and Ray from playing further, I'm jumping into book 2 instead. It's all done and ready to be played :D

Top Bottom