• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dreams |OT| A World Of Pure Imagination

Geki-D

Banned
Ugly Sofa Gaming has a very special announcement and we have a special week of Dreams content coming starting September 30th. Watch the video for more information:

I like the concept of your channel but damn, you guys need to up your mic game. Bad audio is a massive turn off for a lot of people.

Miles708

I want to try this so badly. I've tried (and failed) with Unreal Engine once i saw what an uphill battle was. The blueprint system is nice visually but I never could get an idea of what commands I had there. There are tutorials, yes, but no one explains exactly why there are those blocks and what their purpose is exactly, your best bet is to memorize a couple of those and ignore the rest. It's very frustrating.
Also, I thought it was possible to create models, texture and everything with UE4, but you also need at least another 2 or 3 equally difficult softwares. This is ridiculous. It will never be a feasible hobby.

I hope Dreams can change that.

Last edited:

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I want to try this so badly. I've tried (and failed) with Unreal Engine once i saw what an uphill battle was. The blueprint system is nice visually but I never could get an idea of what commands I had there. There are tutorials, yes, but no one explains exactly why there are those blocks and what their purpose is exactly, your best bet is to memorize a couple of those and ignore the rest. It's very frustrating.
Also, I thought it was possible to create models, texture and everything with UE4, but you also need at least another 2 or 3 equally difficult softwares. This is ridiculous. It will never be a feasible hobby.

I hope dreams changes that.

It will. Get it now. :)

Last edited:
I like the concept of your channel but damn, you guys need to up your mic game. Bad audio is a massive turn off for a lot of people.

Thank you for the feedback - it's definitely something I'll take on board. Is it background noise or just general clarity or something else?

Just trying to pinpoint how I could improve it, our current set up is pretty basic. I can invest in a better microphone down the line, but the one we have now is relatively decent for the time being. Maybe a pop filter or adjusting the recording space - or maybe our sound levels need adjusting?

Last edited:

Geki-D

Banned
Is it background noise or just general clarity or something else?
Background noise is generally hidden by the game sounds (though it's still there, it's especially noticeable on that Creepy Exorcism video), it's more of a clarity and quality issue. It's sounds like you're talking down a pipe or your mic is in the center of a big empty room, and you're sitting in the doorway talking at it. Too bassy, too echoey. Compare your audio to GribbleGrunger GribbleGrunger 's, you can always hear and fully understand what he's saying. With your audio sometimes it's hard to understand.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Dreams PS4: SEPTEMBER - Top 5 Dreams Creations - My Own Personal Choice. Did you make it into my top 5?

Exclusive first hands on with Pip Gemwalker, an extraordinary creation:

Last edited:
Battle 1 of Wedding Week is live! Lee and Sam are getting married this week and are celebrating by going head-to-head in Dreams most competitive levels! Todays battle is Last of Us Survival mode - who can get the most kills and win the first point?

Top Bottom