• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drift Stage Kickstarter (Ridge Racer meets retro Auto Modelista) | Update: PS4&Vita!

Drift Stage Update!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1910344764/drift-stage/posts/1125164

For those who don't want to read PS4/Vita versions are confirmed.

They really ought to update the front page on KS to reflect this - I read the OP in this topic, read over the KS page, and only saw that a Vita version was confirmed when I came in to say that I'd buy it if it were on Vita. The game looks great though and I'll definitely play it when it comes to Vita.

Foshy

Drift Stage Update!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1910344764/drift-stage/posts/1125164

For those who don't want to read PS4/Vita versions are confirmed. They will focus on the PC/Mac/Linux versions first, but they hope to have the Sony ports done in 2016.

5Kq08OGLy1qJpuMXfRIL4ZMCmpnIBDzZVDVwPUfLVHfTTjrx3LlWnCRrPd1VlxX_uDIz3gPxo0yoGi-fsSBTAgOYAgW_wL3n8mMy0mXnzcznYE3xu7Y_uYZ-A_DXLbGFQ_e1mzrtCVvE6kkY-mqcrTpWluqqTI80_4js=s0-d-e1-ft
Oh fuck yes. Tried the alpha a while ago and loved it. This is a perfect fit for Vita.

This game is amazing. Why aren't people posting alpha times? Just seen the thread tried the demo and i'm sold. can't wait for it to hit steam.

JP

Wow, only just seen that this is getting a PS4 release! So pleased to hear that as I had been keeping an eye on this, I would have pledged if I'd known earlier as I'm always happy to help interesting games that are coming to a console that I have. Never mind, it doesn't look like they needed my money. :)

Unicorn

HilariousClearBantamrooster.gif

Just wanted to screw around with some of the fancy new Unity 5 shader/lighting stuff.

I'm getting impatient. Backers will have access to a new build sometime this month. (I asked last month on Twitter).

Give me a reason to DRIIIIIIIFT

Also, they have been tweaking the physics and have completely fixed the janky drift to non-drift animation (This is from a post in February).

1e0d6f771592922c.gif

Some various other .gifs:

I just want a reason for everyone to talk about Drift Stage again
LLShC.gif

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Another from Twitter

I'm not sure I like the reflections on the bodywork. takes away from the cel shaded look. And I wish the window shading would move around, just looks weird as a static texture. But I doubt that will change now.

Unicorn

I'm not sure I like the reflections on the bodywork. takes away from the cel shaded look. And I wish the window shading would move around, just looks weird as a static texture. But I doubt that will change now.

Well, to be clear, this effect will not be in the game. The developer was just messing around with the new engine they transitioned to.

Unicorn

Devs becoming increasingly cryptic the past couple days on the Backer forums. Hinting at "soonish" for the next build of the Alpha (for backers at that "Tester Tier").

Based on what they've said in the past about how Humble puts downloads onto their site, and the devs' increasing number of posts, "are you ready," "is your body ready," "just wait," etc. leads me to hazard a guess that the new build will hit either tomorrow or Monday.

Then again, this fucking thing was initially slated for early May and devs kept saying, "next week. maybe next month. I'm thinking next week. fuck it, silence."

Fingers crossed. I've been waiting to play it with more polish for months and months now.
LLShC.gif

Feel like I'm a huge party pooper, but the teasing is diminishing my excitement a bit. We already invested in the project and we're supposed to be helping the devs test the game. No new information since May, and they're still holding back. :/

Unicorn

Feel like I'm a huge party pooper, but the teasing is diminishing my excitement a bit. We already invested in the project and we're supposed to be helping the devs test the game. No new information since May, and they're still holding back. :/
Yeah I'm curious why they have guarded it so closely while also showing bits of what they add.

Komo

Banned
Devs becoming increasingly cryptic the past couple days on the Backer forums. Hinting at "soonish" for the next build of the Alpha (for backers at that "Tester Tier").

Based on what they've said in the past about how Humble puts downloads onto their site, and the devs' increasing number of posts, "are you ready," "is your body ready," "just wait," etc. leads me to hazard a guess that the new build will hit either tomorrow or Monday.

Then again, this fucking thing was initially slated for early May and devs kept saying, "next week. maybe next month. I'm thinking next week. fuck it, silence."

Fingers crossed. I've been waiting to play it with more polish for months and months now.
LLShC.gif

I'm down for $30 that I backed the day the campaign started, and I haven't been able to find many updates for the game at all. The only way I've managed to stay up to date is via the official Twitter page and its once in a blue moon posts.

I joined the forums the day they launched but I find it to be very unpleasant to browse, so I steer clear from it. I think I'm missing something? The rare times I do check the forum, I just see the usual fan / back posts talking about what cars they want in the game or whatever, and no actual news.

I'm down for $30 that I backed the day the campaign started, and I haven't been able to find many updates for the game at all. The only way I've managed to stay up to date is via the official Twitter page and its once in a blue moon posts.

I joined the forums the day they launched but I find it to be very unpleasant to browse, so I steer clear from it. I think I'm missing something? The rare times I do check the forum, I just see the usual fan / back posts talking about what cars they want in the game or whatever, and no actual news.

The devs are 100% still hard at work on it. Since the release date for the next demo slipped from May, Chase has gone very quiet on the Drift Stage front. I'm not sure why - maybe he's disappointed that they missed the date? I trust the devs, but there is an issue with communication right now. I suppose you can run out of ways to say "we're still working on it", though.

There aren't many updates on the forum from him these days, that I can see. There was a fantastic developer diary towards the start of the year, but we haven't had one of such caliber since. Chase teased some camera mode filters over on Twitter a little while ago - they all looked fantastic.

I think we'll hear something soon, but yes. This is turning into every other Kickstarter project that I have backed (sans Shovel Knight), where the devs miss targets and go mysteriously quiet about it. It's a shame.

Don't want to come off as an entitled wanker or seem like I'm bashing the development team, but I think since an investment has been made in this project, it's not a crime to give your two cents. Hopefully it doesn't come across as harsh.

Unicorn

I get the silence if they're working hard on the build, which I don't doubt in the slightest. But the flare-up of "are you ready" rings hollow when 48 hours pass and the only thing new we have are more comments that tease us to be hyped.

Unicorn

New response says it'll be coming in days, not weeks. So, by next Friday?

Whenever it lands, I will be waiting to play it incessantly.

Aye, that's me on there with the Lupin avatar replying to them. I'm wondering if they have a lot more than we're expecting in this release, hence the surprise factor. It'll be sweet either way.

Unicorn

Aye, that's me on there with the Lupin avatar replying to them. I'm wondering if they have a lot more than we're expecting in this release, hence the surprise factor. It'll be sweet either way.
Yeah, I think since they've had additional time they are probably getting all the feature stuff in for testing and then refining. I'm sure the track editor was a big undertaking. Maybe even the procedural track creation too for endless drift.

Ezalc

Isn't the full game supposed to come out in December?

I haven't looked at the kickstarter page in a bit, though, don't know if there were updates.

Unicorn

Isn't the full game supposed to come out in December?

I haven't looked at the kickstarter page in a bit, though, don't know if there were updates.
Whenever the next build (er, first build for those that backed) hits will be extremely close to actual launch, I think.

Updates are posted on personal twitter accounts, and that seems to be considered par for the dev team when asked about it on the backer forums.

Whatevs. I still check there and twitter daily specifically for this game, but I've also resolved that I can't be expecting a download link when I do so.

Unicorn

KS update scheduled for tonight or tomorrow morning. No indication if Tester build hits then. Friday was going to be the release (presumably), but Paris attacks happened and I guess they decided to hold off for solidarity purposes(?).

I think that's about all of the images posted to twitter since the last update.

I just played the alpha... OMG they changed the handling of the cars and I do not like it at all.

Lemme know if you guys want me to stream it on Twitch. I will do so if any of you care for that.

Unicorn

I just got home from work, but I read that it only has manual transmission. Automatic hasn't been put in yet. I'm scared to be awful. It's hard to believe it's finally here though.

I just got home from work, but I read that it only has manual transmission. Automatic hasn't been put in yet. I'm scared to be awful. It's hard to believe it's finally here though.

Controls are really rough, since they are working on new physics for driving. It feels a lot worse than the previous alpha.

epmode

It looks so goddamned good. Doesn't play very well though. Handling is rough.

Alpha build and all. I expect significant improvements.

Unicorn

Just played for about 20 mins. Best time is 50 seconds. Would have been like 44 or 45 but I got excited and fishtailed on the exit of the last turn.

I wish the track was more complex/longer to get more drifting in per lap and feel the physics out more. I'm sure this is a preliminary track to get the big bugbear bugs out. I sense more depth to the drifting now, but collisions make it so hard. The track is gorgeous though.

I'm also bummed there wasn't a new Myrone track, but whatever. Another build is due in about a week, per the dev. So, see y'all next February for Alpha #2.... I kid, I kid....

Top Bottom