• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DriveClub gets a new "Hardcore" mode in February

madp0k

Rushy. Please hurry the fuck up with the second season pass, I'm gagging for it so much I have a sock gaffer taped into my mouth in preparation.

Thanks

;)

What about the AI though? Will they also be running without assists or sticking to the track like glue while the player works overtime to keep it in control?

Az987

all good things
Do you all think we'll ever get a new retail release with some of the added stuff, like the bikes expansion, on the disc?

I want a physical copy and it looks like the initial release is getting harder and harder to find but I keep holding out in hopes they'll announce a new release.

Curufinwe

What about the AI though? Will they also be running without assists or sticking to the track like glue while the player works overtime to keep it in control?

I like DC a lot, but the races in bad weather aren't nearly as much fun for me as races in good weather because the AI cars seem to have just as much grip either way.

viveks86

I'm sorry...I'm usually up-to-date on most things Driveclub but these two things I have not heard about. Did a quick google search and did not see anything.

zyzv8tz.gif

Mareg

I wan't to grab it on PSN, but I don't understand what I get for 15$ ?

The information I'm getting from a google seach is confusing. Is it a demo for 15$, do I get just part of the tracks and need to buy the rest individually ?

I'll try this out. Some of the more unwieldy cars would be a nightmare for hardcore, like the Venom.
I'm going expect to expect the Venom to just explode as soon as I hit the ignition.

Maybe they can add a trophy for keeping it in a straight line for 10 seconds, along with the Koenigseggisseggggnignigsegigisegggnigseggniggsegg:One.

5taquitos

The information I'm getting from a google seach is confusing. Is it a demo for 15$, do I get just part of the tracks and need to buy the rest individually ?

If you have PS+, this version gets you the game + season pass (which is everything except Bikes) for $20
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...ndle/cid=UP9000-CUSA00093_00-PSPLUSSEASONPASS

You can get the standalone for $15 if you have PS+ or for $40 without PS+

NewDust

If you have ps+ you get a discount.

Fulll game with discount $14.99
Full game + Season Pass with discount 19.99<- GET THIS

Or without discounts
Full game $39.99

As you see it is cheaper to get a monthly subsription to ps+ and buy the discounted bundle, than to buy at the standard price.

Tunned

Epic! I finally got around getting all 1080 gold stars in tour mode just last week, and then I remembered PGR2's platinum medals, and though how awesome it would be for DC to be harder... my prayers have been answered.

Oh and I echo the wishes for a Season Pass no.2!

skelekey

I guess I'm the only one who thinks this but , I'm not sure if I want this. I'd rather they went fully in the opposite direction to see where that could lead complete with arcedey sound effects and otherworldly tracks. Driveclub is some of the most fun I've had with a racing game and I haven't really had too much fun with sim games. Good for everyone who gets this option though.

I guess I'm the only one who thinks this but , I'm not sure if I want this. I'd rather they went fully in the opposite direction to see where that could lead complete with arcedey sound effects and otherworldly tracks. Driveclub is some of the most fun I've had with a racing game and I haven't really had too much fun with sim games. Good for everyone who gets this option though.

I'm with you! I've even said before I'd love to see hover cars added in. Shit even introduce WipEout skins as paid DLC. I'd snap them all up. Driving some of the EV cars in DC already feels like a futuristic racer, especially in dash / cab cam.

I want hover cars! I also want licensed vehicles a la the BttF DeLorean in Rocket League. Can you imagine seeing 12 DeLorean complete with fire and spark effects? Or the Ecto 1 racing against KITT? Just do it!

They should call it simulation mode. Hardcore mode just sounds derpy.

Oh and Driveclub and Evolution deserve an award for the amount of support they've given this game. I'm glad I supported them day 1.

88random

Is this a joke post?

it's the complete opposite for me and every single friend of mine who played it. All the tricks I know from every other racing game don't work with DC. It's a beauty but super frustrating for me. Stupid penalties and handling I can't get used to.

Maybe in hardcore mode it will be easier for me. I turn off all assists in Forza Horizon 2, but I do find myself rewinding a lot. Maybe I just suck

Really want to reinstall, so I'm looking forward to more gameplay vids.

Nope. I don't really know why people have such a hard time with this game. Barring the first few races so I could along with the driving physics, I have beaten almost every race on the first try, the infamous Venom hot lap took me less than 10 laps to get 3 stars... I guess the driving physics really suits me well in this game.

OccamsLightsaber

Regularly boosts GAF member count to cry about 'right wing gaf' - Voter #3923781
Is this a joke post?

it's the complete opposite for me and every single friend of mine who played it. All the tricks I know from every other racing game don't work with DC. It's a beauty but super frustrating for me. Stupid penalties and handling I can't get used to.

Maybe in hardcore mode it will be easier for me. I turn off all assists in Forza Horizon 2, but I do find myself rewinding a lot. Maybe I just suck

Really want to reinstall, so I'm looking forward to more gameplay vids.

It is too easy, beating the tour and the expansion packs were cake, and rarely has a race made me retry more than three times.

Afrikan

I'll take credit for this... you're welcome GAF!

hope Rushy doesn't mind.

Afrikan said:
I believe before tweaking the handling on these cars to have that sim-arcadish feel, Evo received all the real specs on how they should handle right?

would Evo be willing to release say a "Simulation Pack/game mode" down the line? where the handling is untouched with aids all off? I know that will split the user base for what Evo wants to accomplish with the overall game, social wise...but with how beautiful this game looks, the sound, hopefully option to turn off HUD like someone mentioned...I would love to be able to lose control trying to drive these cars on these tricky roads with no HUD.

again, down the line...like 8 months from now or something. :)

I chose to send you a PM instead because i didn't want Sim gamers who lurk the thread to derail it.

but seriously, I know I'm not the only one who pushed for this.... I'm sure devs at Evo always had this in mind anyway.

So Juiced right now.

With what games do you guys think, the new handling will be comparable?

I believe there is a lot of sim-grade stuff going on under the hood in DC that then gets undone by driving aids and some physic alterations to make the game more "fun" in the arcady sense, but I think we still shouldn't have high expectations for this new mode. You can't expect Evo to make a sim-cade racer that is more on the arcade side and then devise a suspension and tyre model that other companies worked years and years on until it's at the point where PD's and Turn10's is now (I won't even mention more sophisticated models like the ones of iRacing, rFactor, Assetto Corsa).

So what should we expect? A Grid level of sim, or NFS Shift maybe? Or do you expect Gran Turismo level off realism?

Ashhong

Of course.

I have just joined the DC world, are their updates always free? I bought the season pass and was sad to see that there are a lot of cars that I couldn't unlock without buying. And then of course theres the Bike mode, but that's understandable.

I have just joined the DC world, are their updates always free? I bought the season pass and was sad to see that there are a lot of cars that I couldn't unlock without buying. And then of course theres the Bike mode, but that's understandable.

Updates are free. I actually don't know of any games that charge for updates. Sure, some of the added features in the updates are included to support paid DLC, but the updates themselves are free to download.

Edit- There are some cars that can be purchased outside of the season pass that can be unlocked for free in the game. It's a shortcut for those that want the cars right away.

ps3ud0

AFAIK all cars are free (with season pass I mean) or unlockable via the game - unsure about the bikes...

ps3ud0 8)

This is a cool update, but at some point just save it and sell it to us in Driveclub 2 lol. I can't imagine how Evolution is making enough money to just keep adding features to the game.

Top Bottom