• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vire

There's a lot of reasons to pick on it if you wanted. And it isn't as vast as some other games - and neither is it trying to be - but as I said in another thread, a reviewer may ask themselves would this game be better if it did X from game Y etc. In other words even if it filled every objective it set out to achieve, that wouldn't matter if the reviewer felt a better experience could be had by doing something differently. I think we may see some comments along those lines.

I'm expecting a fair few 7s if only because it doesn't strike me as the kind of game that some of the generic outlets tend to score favourably. I think we'll see a skew of positiveness from the UK and EU outlets for sure.

It could get 1/10 for all I care.

I don't really care if it has a million bells and whistles.

1. Is this racing fun? Is the handling good?

2. Are the visuals beautiful?

3. Is the music good?

I don't care if it has a custom logo designer or some other extraneous crap.

one thing that is annoying me is how inconsistent the dust particle effect is on the road, even when driving on mud most of the time there is no particles flying about which makes the car seem like it is hovering. u would think the devs of motorstorm would have nailed the particle effects

The thing people need to remember when talking about reviews, is that my understanding of how the process works at most major publications is that a game doesn't start off at 10, then get docked for problems/missing things. A game starts at 0, and works its way towards a 10 based on the criteria that's evaluated. Thus the game could easily be very good, but if it doesn't have enough content or exciting features to get the reviewer to move it to that next level (8, 9, etc), then that's just how it is.

Of course people always want reviews to be objective, but that's impossible as a large part of any review is how they felt about the game. The game looks fantastic and I am confident that I will love it, but I suspect a lot of people out there may not be throwing editorial's choice awards at the game.

I think we'll see a skew of positiveness from the UK and EU outlets for sure.

It could get 1/10 for all I care.

Oh I can definitely see this game getting 9+ with European Outlets but lets face it, I believe they (Europeans) are in general more interested in racing games like GT/Forza/PGR than say Need for Speed and whatnot.

orochi91

I don't really care if it has a million bells and whistles.

1. Is this racing fun? Is the handling good?

2. Are the visuals beautiful?

3. Is the music good?

I don't care if it has a custom logo designer or some other extraneous crap.

All three of those seem to be pretty good in this game, minor visual quirks aside.

VanWinkle

I think reviews will probably dock it for the game's lack of content.

This is one game where I honestly have no idea how this is going to score. Could go either way.

Yup beautiful OT. What's up with the voiceover on that webm though? Please tell me that's not going to be an actual advert.

Game looks stunning though, that list of facts about the development is mind blowing.

Wonder if the game will be referenced in Top Gear. Personally I think it would be quite neat if Clarkson told us it was the "most beautiful racing game...in the wuuuurld."

Question though: is there a track listing for the OST? And is Hybrid doing all of it?

Toki767

I think reviews will probably dock out for the games lack of content.

This is one game where I honestly have no idea how this is going to score. Could go either way.

Will be interesting to compare how much lack of content effects the score of this game compared to say Titanfall.

I'm guessing it'll be a lot of 8s though.

I think reviews will probably dock out for the games lack of content.

I keep seeing people mentioning lack of content; what does this even mean!?

Seriously I am lost on what people are trying to point out? Is there not enough tracks? Not enough cars?
To me 50+ cars is enough if each one is extremely detailed and we know we are getting more cars and tracks for free. Plus there will be DLC that is optional to buy that will include 30+ more cars...

Are people just used to GT and Forza which had a 100+ cars?

Vire

And here I am waiting for the GOTY edition. God damn it lol.

BTW, anyone know if the Steel book is sold separately on line?

I finished up Destiny and I've been starving for a good racer of any kind... so I figured why not.

PS4 is definitely lacking in that department thus far.

jayu26

Next week I expect this thread to be full of gifs...

Actually since the release of PS4 I have felt that Sony needs to add a gif maker to PS4.

VanWinkle

I keep seeing people mentioning lack of content; what does this even mean!?

Seriously I am lost on what people are trying to point out? Is there not enough tracks? Not enough cars?
To me 50+ cars is enough if each one is extremely detailed and we know we are getting more cars and tracks for free. Plus there will be DLC that is optional to buy that will include 30+ more cars...

Are people just used to GT and Forza which had a 100+ cars?

Yeah most AAA racers have more tracks and [much more] cars. It's not a HUGE deal to me, though I wouldn't say I'm totally fine with the amount.

I still can't get over how incredible that steelbook case looks.

Right? It hurts not being able to get my hands on it. Then again, I pre-ordered on PSN so . . . :p

GOD DAMN the hype can't be contained!! I'm going out of my mind. This workweek is almost over, then I'm on vacation until Oct. 14th! I'll be online every DAY next week following the release, and for damn long intervals too! Can't wait to race with all of you!

Next week I expect this thread to be full of gifs...

Actually since the release of PS4 I have felt that Sony needs to add a gif maker to PS4.

Sony just needs to add a GAF app for PS4

It can make GIFs and Webms, output uncompressed photo and video and eject the disc straight into your ass.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
So the real question is, how fast do you wanna go?

Omfg I'm so sick of that lady asking me lol. It's like those people that keep asking you "Do you like that?" while they're having sex.

Yes, I am putting my penis/the throttle down your engine.

Stfu. Lol

On another note:

Rushy just sent out a challenge!

Time to beat: 2:40

Korezo

The game I bought a ps4 for at launch is finally coming out, and I can't use my wheel. I still can't wait to try it.

Omfg I'm so sick of that lady asking me lol.

Where-did-YOU-learn-to-fly.gif

viveks86

Omfg I'm so sick of that lady asking me lol. It's like those people that keep asking you "Do you like that?" while they're having sex.

Yes, I am putting my penis/the throttle down your engine.

Stfu. Lol

On another note:

Rushy just sent out a challenge!

Time to beat: 2:40

He just PMed me. Beat that challenge or they plan to lock you out of the servers till launch. Good luck!

Yeah most AAA racers have more tracks and [much more] cars. It's not a HUGE deal to me, though I wouldn't say I'm totally fine with the amount.

I can get the car issue, we have been spoiled by Forza and GT but I am giving Evo the benefit of the doubt since this is a new IP and new engine so DC2 should have more cars.

But tracks? Doesn't DC have like 55 tracks or something?

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
He just PMed me. Beat that challenge or they plan to lock you out of the servers till launch. Good luck!

Wait what???

How the fuck can I do the challenge if I can't even create a club to unlock that damn Golf GTI???

GAHHHHH

VanWinkle

I can get the car issue, we have been spoiled by Forza and GT but I am giving Evo the benefit of the doubt since this is a new IP and new engine so DC2 should have more cars.

But tracks? Doesn't DC have like 55 tracks or something?

Yeah. Though the amount of unique tracks is 25. Not bad really, but not amazing or standard-setting or anyway.

So with best buy 20% off I could get this for $50 tax included. Is there any other content you get from the PS+ edition for $50 that's not on the disc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom