• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Driveclub + Season Pass is €19.99 on EU PSN (Plus members only)

• Thread starter Deleted member 57681
  • Start date

ToD_

I already have the game, but don't have the season pass. I will at least pick up the season pass, but the idea of having the game digitally is very appealing as well, so I may get the bundle. Hopefully this will come to the US store soon.

LordRaiden

Neo Member
So Rushy - is there any particular reason for all these XP and sale price deals at the moment? Are we due an announcement soon of season pass volume 2? :)
My guess is, now Forza is coming out, they're expanding on their weather model. You know, 3D puddles being one? *Nudge, nudge, wink,wink*

My guess is, now Forza is coming out, they're expanding on their weather model. You know, 3D puddles being one? *Nudge, nudge, wink,wink*

I don't mean to sound like an idiot, but what are 3D puddles and what effect would they have on the gameplay? Do you mean like puddles lying on the road so they actually splash up when a car drives through them? Does DC not currently have that? I remember reading that the raindrops are individually rendered and each has its own lighting and physics.

Edit - lol, I'd written 'puzzles' instead of 'puddles'.

BAW

Banned
I don't mean to sound like an idiot, but what are 3D puzzles and what effect would they have on the gameplay? Do you mean like puzzles lying on the road so they actually splash up when a car drives through them? Does DC not currently have that? I remember reading that the raindrops are individually rendered and each has its own lighting and physics.

I think he means shallow puddles affecting handling & physics differently than deep puddles.

Anyone who loves racers should buy this now. I've been with this game day one and have watched it progress into one of my all time favorite racer. IMO it has the best season pass of any racer and I'm eagerly waiting for them to announce a season 2 so i can buy day 1.

nib95

Banned
I don't mean to sound like an idiot, but what are 3D puzzles and what effect would they have on the gameplay? Do you mean like puzzles lying on the road so they actually splash up when a car drives through them? Does DC not currently have that? I remember reading that the raindrops are individually rendered and each has its own lighting and physics.

DC presently likely has a more advanced puddle/weather system. The puddles and reflections are variable and dynamic, building up depending on the severity of rain, and changing depending on the varying conditions. In that sense, they're not static or permanently pre-baked like the other puddles being discussed.

I think what he means is, will DC have larger puddles, covering more surface area with bigger penalties on driving/handling.

driveclub_201412091506vcvd.jpg

Just so you have all the details:

Not sure when the US/Asia store will update their prices (they are also getting reductions), but hopefully soon.

No individual season pass discount for PS+ owners?

Not sure when the US/Asia store will update their prices (they are also getting reductions), but hopefully soon.

Awesome, I've been waiting for a sale to pick the season pass up. Are these permanent price drops though? I've already got enough games to last me the next month, so it'd be great if I could pick it up at my own leisure. If not, when does the sale end?

LifEndz

It's coming to the U.S.? Awesome! Just started playing the plus version and I'm having a blast. Will def buy the full game and season pass when the discount hits the store. Thanks for the heads up, Rushy!

Placiibo

Banned
Understatement.

I would say it's one of the finest racing games ever made.

But hey, opinions ofcourse.

It really is great. My personal hope is that they never release Driveclub 2, but just keep going with these seasons. If they add rally or dirt racing Driveclub will get close to my top racing games of all time. Also take note PS4 racing fans, Thrustmaster just announced the T150 force feedback wheel. It's the mid range wheel I have been waiting for.

Thrustmaster-T150-02-e1441365196561-200x200.png

thrustmaster-t150-ferrari-edition-1.jpg

http://www.thrustmaster.com/press/t...-wheel-force-feedback-advanced-wheels-all-fun

alexein

i downloaded but never played the ps plus version, will get the full game and seas on pass for 19,99€
last driving game i bought was gt3 on ps2, i hope i'll enjoy, but graphycally its really good.

djjinx2

Got it, very good to know.

Zemm

so is this a permanent pricedrop? I'd like to jump on this but not right now unless neccesary.

It looks permanent. It doesn't come under any offer tab in the store and there's no higher price next to the new price.

Bedlam

Had the game already (on disc) but bought it again anyway + season pass. Best racing game I've played since PGR4.

NewDust

Uh no. Thats for everybody. Is there not a PS+ discount on top of the discounted price like the rest?
There never was a ps+ discount on the the SP, so I guess they just lowered the normal price for everyone. Maybe also as away to appeal to disc owners.

Top Bottom