• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Driving Wheel for both PS4 and PS5

TheGejsza

After getting PS5 I "donated" PS4 to my bro. He is a huge Gran Turismo maniac (one of those who did LaMans in GT5 on PS3). We are planing to buy new driving wheel - one that would work with PS4 (GT Sport) and one that I would be able to use with PS5 (GT7). I was thinking about Logitech G29 but I am not sure if it will work properly with PS5. I was using Logitech DFGT for years and was extreamly disappointed that it did not work with PS4 for some reason and don't want to throw money now just to find out that G29 is not working with PS5. I would wait for GT7 release but my bro can't handle the wait anymore and want to buy wheel now.

So do you have any recomendations for wheels and do you think the currently PS4 wheels will be compatibile with PS5? I just don't want the same situation I had with DFGT.

A2una1

Well the G29 is working on my PS5, at least in Back Compat- Mode. Can't Speak for PS5 Games, since I don't own a Racing Game for PS5...

TheGejsza

Heard Thrustmaster T300 RS GT is better than Logitech G29.
I've heard there are plenty of ppl who had problems with Thrustmaster (overheating and some other stuff). Not sure if I want something that can break in near future. It's also more expensive than G29.

Digity

Basically everything that works for PS4 now will work with ps5. Logitech g29, Fanatec csl elite, Fanatec podium DD, many thrust master models.

Digity

I've heard there are plenty of ppl who had problems with Thrustmaster (overheating and some other stuff). Not sure if I want something that can break in near future. It's also more expensive than G29.
G29 is the way to go for a simple setup that works great. Solid quality wheel. I’d never bother with Thrustmaster. After Logitech I went to the Fanatec csl elite with the load cell brake system. Eventually I’ll go direct drive.

Thrustmaster T150 RS Pro should work with the ps5 also, one of the reasons why i bought it, so i can play gt7 when it comes out, its cheap and Thrustermaster have better pedals then logitech imo

Calverz

For a while i was tempted to get a steering wheel for gtsport and gt7 as well as forza 8. But once i started to look, it was a complete minefield so i gave up.
This was the last steering wheel i used:
Y9rTk2l.jpg

Calverz Calverz cant really get any wheels for both ps and xbox, only ps-pc xbox-pc. So i ended up buying two different wheels, anything thrustermaster would be a good buy value wise for you i would think!

Last edited:

psn

G29 is the way to go for a simple setup that works great. Solid quality wheel. I’d never bother with Thrustmaster. After Logitech I went to the Fanatec csl elite with the load cell brake system. Eventually I’ll go direct drive.
G29 is 10 year old tech tho and felt worse than my g27. Just a year ago I had the Thrustmaster t300, T-GT and Fanatic CSL Elite at home. T-GT felt best in Assetto Corsa and GT, CSL Elite felt better in PCars. T300 felt good with the stock wheel, but if you swap it for a bigger one, it gets too weak imo. Kept the T-GT and the CSL Elite (for my gf). I got the T-GT for 500 bucks, great price imo. Wouldn't pay the 700 bucks msrp, that's just too close to a direct drive imo.

Both Thrustmaster and Fanatec offer load cell brakes.

Digity

G29 is 10 year old tech tho and felt worse than my g27. Just a year ago I had the Thrustmaster t300, T-GT and Fanatic CSL Elite at home. T-GT felt best in Assetto Corsa and GT, CSL Elite felt better in PCars. T300 felt good with the stock wheel, but if you swap it for a bigger one, it gets too weak imo. Kept the T-GT and the CSL Elite (for my gf). I got the T-GT for 500 bucks, great price imo. Wouldn't pay the 700 bucks msrp, that's just too close to a direct drive imo.

Both Thrustmaster and Fanatec offer load cell brakes.
10 year old tech that still works great, when you include the price and what you get, it’s a great deal. Thrustmaster have been absolute garbage in my experience.

psn

10 year old tech that still works great, when you include the price and what you get, it’s a great deal. Thrustmaster have been absolute garbage in my experience.
It costs as much as a t300 while being worse in every regard, how is that a good deal? You can also swap out the wheel according to your taste and add a load cell brake on the Thrustmaster. The first batches have been less reliable though and some overheated due to a weak fan, but that should be gone by now. I had the t300 here and it already was the new revision a year ago.

I mean when you can get it much cheaper in your country, it is not bad by any means. But if it's the se, I would get the trustmaster, because you can also upgrade the wheelbase, brakes, wheels etc later on. It is much more modular.

Last edited:
After getting PS5 I "donated" PS4 to my bro. He is a huge Gran Turismo maniac (one of those who did LaMans in GT5 on PS3). We are planing to buy new driving wheel - one that would work with PS4 (GT Sport) and one that I would be able to use with PS5 (GT7). I was thinking about Logitech G29 but I am not sure if it will work properly with PS5. I was using Logitech DFGT for years and was extreamly disappointed that it did not work with PS4 for some reason and don't want to throw money now just to find out that G29 is not working with PS5. I would wait for GT7 release but my bro can't handle the wait anymore and want to buy wheel now.

So do you have any recomendations for wheels and do you think the currently PS4 wheels will be compatibile with PS5? I just don't want the same situation I had with DFGT.
I think you should check if the GIMX adapter have been updated with PS5 support before purchase a new wheel.
Anyway your DFGT should be supported on PS4

Top Bottom