• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DS Screenshot thread (56k no)

The Settlers

A port of the classic PC game Settlers II, it is a realtime game of resource management, building, organisation, and even a bit of combat.

die-siedler-ds-1.jpg
die-siedler-ds-2.jpg
die-siedler-ds-3.jpg

This thread makes me proud to own a DS.

I brought my DS about 10 months ago now and only realy had resident evil and mario kart for it, the DS was put to one side while I played my 360 etc and I hardly touch it. I'm glad theres some realy nice looking games and rpg's hitting the ds now as its one reason why I wanted a DS, for the portable rpg's and well, an rpg game since the 360 lacks them in the uk.

Didn't that pink haired ninja rpgish game come out in japan last year sometime?

mollipen

Chris Michael said:
I like Izuna's writing (<3 Atlus localizations) and it has cute art, but I'm pretty sure the game's gonna suck. :\ Not to mention the graphics aren't really that pretty.

Izuna's main problems (*cheap plug* check out my review in the January issue of play, in stores soon! *cheap plug*) are the graphics, which are just too boring and lackluster outside of character sprites and art, and the fact that a a Rogue clone, it feels a little bare-bones and under-developed. It feels like the developers wanted to make their own Rogue game, but just didn't fully understand the heart and soul of the genre.

That said, the writing is great, the characters are fun, and if you like Rogue games, you'll still have fun with it. If you don't know what Rogue and its clones are, you might want to study up first, or else you might end up crying the first time you die and lose all of your items and weapons.

Jake.

ís there a realistic chance that three kingdoms would be translated? i already know the answer but i want someone to fill me with a false sense of hope.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Jake XXX said:
ís there a realistic chance that three kingdoms would be translated? i already know the answer but i want someone to fill me with a false sense of hope.

I believe so...I mean, they've been bringing them over for the PS2, haven't they?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Ok. I actually really looked at those Diddy Racing screens and they aren't that bad, but honestly, check out those awesome screens of Bleach 2 that immediately follow. Those are shit hot!

PantherLotus said:
Bleach DS 2nd Kokui hirameku Chinkonka

*generic fighter*

It's a shame Treasure is stuck making licensed fighters about crap animes when they could be crafting their next shooter masterpiece. :(

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
'Reversal judgment 4' rival appearance of [odoroki]!!
<New work special &#25436; party of expectation> In order to rescue the client, there is testimony of the witness,” pointing out contradiction,” up-to-date work 'reversal judgment 4 of the court adventure game which discloses the truth of incident'. The protagonist of this work, the mighty rival appeared in [odoroki] of new attorney!

Google translate help a little?

Cdammen

PantherLotus said:
Professor Layton
*purdy images*
Wow! This looks great! Isn't it an adventure game á la Monkey Island (point 'n click)?

Nevermind, found some info about it :)

IGN said:
The focus of this game is on solving puzzles [...] The top screen usually lists a problem with text, with the bottom screen allowing you to solve the problem directly with the stylus [...] Different from the billion other puzzle and quiz based DS games, Layton has an adventure mode, with lots of text boxes and catchy character and background art. [...] You move between the puzzles by selecting locations on a town map.
Sounds great!

You know I hate to say this but, as great as Phantom Hourglass will undoubtedly be, I often wonder if it would have benefited the game to sprites and 2D backgrounds.

Who knows though, FF3 looked good in motion, and with a similar camera style, here's hoping the same for Zelda DS... but those shots do look a bit too simple in the geometry department, at least on the backgrounds.

Llyranor

Watching PH in motion looked pretty nice to me. I especially like the enemy smoke as they die. Nice effect.

Romance of the 3 Kingdoms localized would be a day1 purchase for me. Make it happen, Koei.

Akira

I'm so glad I received the DS as a present because otherwise I wouldn't be enjoying the gaming heaven that is the Nintendo DS. I wouldn't have bought one for myself, but now that I have one I love it more than anything.

I prefer the 2D stuff on the DS so I like the return to 2D games. One of the things that turned me away from the DS in the beginning was the number of crappy 3D games that were being released. With the PSP being released around the same time, it made them look even worse. I'm glad that's over now and the DS is finally hitting its stride.

Akira said:
I'm so glad I received the DS as a present because otherwise I wouldn't be enjoying the gaming heaven that is the Nintendo DS. I wouldn't have bought one for myself, but now that I have one I love it more than anything.

I prefer the 2D stuff on the DS so I like the return to 2D games. One of the things that turned me away from the DS in the beginning was the number of crappy 3D games that were being released. With the PSP being released around the same time, it made them look even worse. I'm glad that's over now and the DS is finally hitting its stride.

I so totally prefer a more lo-fi handheld experience. Hooray For
sprite.jpg
sprite.jpg

FFXII is by far the most beautiful game on the DS... the sprites look so out of place. Low quality sprites. :/ Still looks amazing.

DS is SE's system.

ethelred

I <3 this thread, Panther. Keep up the nice work -- so many great looking games to look forward to.

Seeing those pieces of artwork for Revenant Wings... jesus. They're just beautiful.

Chris Michael said:
FFXII is by far the most beautiful game on the DS... the sprites look so out of place. Low quality sprites. :/

No.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Index updated.

Index
Arthur & the Invisibles - 1
Bleach DS 2nd Kokui hirameku Chinkonka - 1
Bubble Bobble Double Shot - 1
Capcom Vs. SNK: Card Fighters - 1
Chibi Robo: Park Patrol - 1
Custom Robo Arena - 1
Diddy Kong Racing DS - 1
Disciples 2 - 1
Dragon Ball Z Card RPG - 1
Dragon Quest IX - 1, 2, 3
Dragon Quest Joker - 1
Dragon Quest Monsters Joker - 1, 2, 3
Etrian Odyssey - 1
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings - 1, 2, 3, 4
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles : Ring of Fates - 1, 2, 3
Glory Days 2 - 1
Heroes of Mana - 1
Hotel Dusk: Room 215 - 1
Itadaki Street DS - 1
It's A Wonderful World - 1, 2
Izuna: Legend of the Unemployed Ninja - 1
Kameleon - 1
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - 1, 2, 3
Lost in Blue 2 - 1
Lunar Knights - 1, 2, 3
Meteos: Disney Magic - 1
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney -- Justice For All - 1, 2
Professor Layton - 1
Puzzle Quest: Warlords - 1
Romance of the Three Kingdoms DS 2 - 1
Secret of Mana: Heroes of Mana - 1
Settlers, The - 1
Sim City DS - 1
SNK vs. Capcom Card Fighters DS - 1
Spectrobes - 1
Tamagotchi Connexion Corner Shop - 1
Theme Park DS - 1
War! - 1

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
BrodiemanTTR said:
It's a shame Treasure is stuck making licensed fighters about crap animes when they could be crafting their next shooter masterpiece. :(

It's a shame you did not STFU on that one, ain't it? Making good anime games isn't one of the reason the universe could not exist without Treasure?
By the way Bleach DS is really cool, Treasure really grasped what a good 2D fighter on a handheld should be. Too bad for the card system but thats the kind of crap you have to put to please the fans and to extend the length. I play without it with my friends and it just rocks this way.

Please have good taste and enjoy 2D brawler for god's sake

Top Bottom