• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ds stuff from EGM......needs confirmation.

Sagitario

Bluemercury said:
From Menashe at ign forums:

Castlevania's Koji Igarashi-
Confirmed a Castlevania game for the DS with the same style gameplay as Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow for GBA.

I'm ready for a new Castlevania with the same style as AoS (one of my favorite games) :D .

Farore said:
I'm ready for a new Castlevania with the same style as AoS (one of my favorite games) :D .
Me too. And you know, it's not as if Igarashi's going to be forced to come up with a way to use every freaking one of the DS' features. If he just sticks a castle map on the second screen, I don't think anybody's going to complain.

neptunes said:
come on kojima!

of all the people there are I thought you be the most interested.
Kojima's only interested in fucking with players, not making things easier for them. If the DS could administer electric shocks, he wouldn't even be bothering with the PSP.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Kobun Heat said:
Me too. And you know, it's not as if Igarashi's going to be forced to come up with a way to use every freaking one of the DS' features. If he just sticks a castle map on the second screen, I don't think anybody's going to complain.

Shit, I'd be so pleased with that. It'd prevent so much hassle with pausing and looking at the map.

Bat

I really hope they use swords etc. in the next one (as opposed to whips). I loved the weapon variety in AoS because of that...

Sagitario

Kobun Heat said:

I know I wouldn't. :) .

sp0rsk said:
itd be cool if you could also cycle through special powers with the touch screen.

Indeed.

Alcibiades

"IGA complained about the stylus, and said he thought it would make playing action games difficult. In the blurb at the bottom of his quote, it says he "later" admitted that he would start working on an Aria of Sorrow-style Castlevania as soon as he could figure out how to make use of the touch screen."

um guys, that's FAR from a confirmation... what I get out of it is that there isn't a Castlevania in the works but there may be in the future, which can be said for many major videogame franchises...

MaddenNFL64

I hope Nintendo doesn't tell them they HAVE to use the stylus. The thing does have a normal set of buttons. I'd like to use that please!

Soul4ger

MaddenNFL64 said:
I hope Nintendo doesn't tell them they HAVE to use the stylus. The thing does have a normal set of buttons. I'd like to use that please!

I don't see how it can do that when not all of its games are using it.

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
Speaking about EGM, can anyone confirm if this rumour is in there rumour section?

SEGA MAKES SOME NEW FRIENDS:

You've probably heard by now that acclaimed GameCube developer Silicon Knights recently left the Nintendo round table. So what are they up to these days? word around town is that Silicon Knights is joining forces with the house that Sonic built. And get this-their top-secret project for Sega is an Xbox game. Talk about Giving the big N the stink eye...

For those of you wondering about Kojima's opinion on the Nintendo DS...

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes Game Informer

"The fact that it comes with two monitors and the touch sensor, and you can tell that it's a Nintendo product, I think it's a good thing, and I think you could do many things with it. The two screens and touch sensor feature are the draw of the thing, and I think that when many developers start developing games for the DS they will be focusing on these features. The thing is, when people do this, they'll be coming up with the same game ideas, and they'll be too simple. What I would like to do is something no one else would think of."
Hideo Kojima

So will we see a Kojima game on the Nintendo DS? Judging from this assessment from the man, I would say eventually.

Top Bottom