• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DSi/DSi XL Gets Price Drop

Now more people can know the glory of the DSi XL. The greatest videogame system to ever exist. I might just buy a second so I can finally trade Pokemon to myself.

-KRS-

I basically want a XL as a Tetris TGM machine.

My dream may yet come true at a slightly lower price point.

It's indeed awesome for that. Best D-pad on any DS IMO. I've played so much TGM on it though that the plastic around the D-pad has become shiny :D

Blizzard

Banned
Yeah, friends are for chumps!
It's probably easier for some/most people to do that rather than trying to get wifi set up and harass someone from some random community into helping you evolve stuff. I don't like using the global trade system either since I don't want hacked/cloned pokemon -- just me being OCD.

FUCK i almost got over not buying one for the awesome newer colors (green, yellow, blue) since i already DO own a burgundy XL but i always wanted one of the sexier newer ones :(

this price drop might just make me cave though i really have no other justification for it..

hmmm maybe one day my main XL could break down on me... THEN What??? yeah i might have to grab one now

vall03

I guess Im the only who will say this but I seriously prefer how DS games look on 3DS than on DSi. Played Devil Survivor 2, Disgaea, even Pokemon Black/White and I personally think that they look shit on DSi compared to the 3DS.

Question for those who own an XL, I bought one at launch (burgundy model) but I had to return it due to the lower brightness (contrast?) of the top screen. Was that ever addressed in the later models? At first I thought it was just my unit but the store model had the same issue. I have not looked into the XL since. With the price drop should I take a chance again?
Let me know

It's indeed awesome for that. Best D-pad on any DS IMO. I've played so much TGM on it though that the plastic around the D-pad has become shiny :D

What is TGM?

I guess Im the only who will say this but I seriously prefer how DS games look on 3DS than on DSi. Played Devil Survivor 2, Disgaea, even Pokemon Black/White and I personally think that they look shit on DSi compared to the 3DS.

Yes, you will be in a very small minority there.

I think E3 will be the moment to announce Wii @ $99

Nah, next holiday around Black Friday.

I wish I would have never traded in my DSi XL for the 3DS. I ended up selling the 3DS a couple months after.

$130 is still too steep though for an older system.

Curufinwe

We got my wife's parents a Wii last Black Friday from Walmart for $100. One of those blue ones.

blue-wii.png

Verelios

$130 is way too pricy for me. I bought my 3DS at $40 more with a game (zelda bundle).

I'll just keep on using my trusty little phat for my DS games.

jbueno

Hah, and I just got a DSi XL last month for full price. Oh well, it is totally worth it. I might even get a regular DSi at that price though.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Man, I really want a dsi xl...think I could get a used one for $100 now?

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Does anyone have a list of available colors? Did they ever make a lime green XL?

-KRS-

This.

I have been waiting for a $100-130 price tag on that XL, don't have a 3DS and still don't want one but i would love to play my shelves full of DS games on a big screen.

If you only have a DS Phat you're going to be blown away by the XL. At least I was. I can't even play on the Phat anymore because the screens just suck in comparison.

So people buying Pokemon B&W2 will think like this:
- Buy 170$ 3DS with this game at ~220$

- Buy 130$ DSxl with this game at ~170$ (why not just buy the "DS3D?"

- Buy 100$ DSi with this game~ 140$ (why not just add 30$ and buy "DS3"?

This might MIGHT (with capital letters) benfit the 3DS ,,,

EDIT: Wait guys how much does pokemon games cost again ?? I thought its 39.99$ ?? ~_~

Sagitario

Already got 2 Mario 25th Anniversary XLs, but kind of want a DSi for the size factor.
I don't need one, but it is kinda tempting :p

My ds lites touch screen is not functioning properly anymore I know I can repair it myself but man I think I might get a XL.

Gravijah

dsi xl screens are amazing. i need a 3ds xl. :/

So people buying Pokemon B&W2 will think like this:
- Buy 170$ 3DS with this game at ~220$

- Buy 130$ DSxl with this game at ~170$ (why not just buy the "DS3D?"

- Buy 100$ DSi with this game~ 140$ (why not just add 30$ and buy "DS3"?

This might MIGHT (with capital letters) benfit the 3DS ,,,

EDIT: Wait guys how much does pokemon games cost again ?? I thought its 39.99$ ?? ~_~

$34.99 for everything but HGSS, which came with pokewalkers and bumped the price up to $40.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I recently grabbed an XL for $80 and, man, was it worth it. I'm ready to proclaim the DSi XL as the single greatest piece of Nintendo handheld hardware to date. It's absolutely beautiful and just perfectly designed. The Nintendo 3DS looks like even more of a disaster in comparison with all of its weird lines, bulges, and other strange design points.

Honestly, outside of maybe PS Vita, I'd argue that the DSi XL is the best looking handheld game system ever made. Now, of course, it IS bulky as the name implies (even larger than a Vita), but it's worth it for the beautiful design and massive screens. The screens are just perfect for any pixel art games.

Honestly, with its size, I would have loved to have seen the GBA slot kept in place with, perhaps, original Gameboy support as well. The unit is large enough that those carts could be used without sticking too far out and it would have been neat to have all of those games available on such a massive screen.

Top Bottom