• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DualSense Edge - Features Trailer | PS5 (launches on January 26 for $199.99)

Draugoth

Gold Member
The DualSense Edge controller launches on January 26

FfWoybfWYAEwxEi

DualSense Edge wireless controller for PS5 launches globally on January 26

Like thisShare this on Facebook (opens in a new window)Share this on Twitter (opens in a new window)
Pre-orders begin next Tuesday, October 25.
ybnDHXn7_400x400.jpg

Isabelle TomatisVice President, Brand, Hardware and Peripherals, SIE
Today, we’re pleased to share that the DualSense Edge wireless controller – the first-ever ultra-customizable controller developed by PlayStation – will launch globally on January 26. Built with high performance and personalization in mind, the DualSense Edge wireless controller for PS5 invites you to craft your own unique gaming experiences through custom controls tailored to your playstyle.
Here’s a closer look at the DualSense Edge wireless controller features:
Play Video
DualSense Edge wireless controller for PS5 launches globally on January 26

The DualSense Edge wireless controller will be available for a recommended retail price (RRP) of $199.99 USD/¥29,980 (including tax)/€239.99/£209.99. In addition, the replaceable stick modules will be available globally on January 26 for a recommended retail price (RRP) of $19.99 USD/¥2,680 (including tax)/€24.99/£19.99.
Pre-orders for the controller and replaceable stick modules will be available starting as early as next Tuesday, October 25 at select retailers, so be sure to check your local retailer.
c5d3c182d80f37ef560dd744df617c5ab09103b3.jpeg

The DualSense Edge wireless controller features a host of hardware and software-based personalization options, including button remapping, the ability to fine-tune stick sensitivity and triggers, options to swap between multiple control profiles, and a unique on-controller user interface. It also sports the signature comfort and immersive features of the DualSense wireless controller, like haptic feedback and adaptive triggers.*
You can make the DualSense Edge wireless controller uniquely yours with the included three changeable sets of stick caps and two changeable sets of back buttons. Everything will come bundled in the included carrying case, and you can even charge the controller via USB connection while it’s stored in the case to make sure you’re always ready for your next play session.
Here’s a breakdown of everything included as well as a closer look at the carrying case:
  • DualSense Edge wireless controller
  • USB braided cable
  • 2 Standard caps
  • 2 High dome caps
  • 2 Low dome caps
  • 2 Half dome back buttons
  • 2 Lever back buttons
  • Connector housing
  • Carrying case
b820fe8ab1b290a8f48f91562c4e02be565cdc18.jpg

Stay tuned for pre-order details starting next week at your local retailer, and find out more about the DualSense Edge wireless controller here on PlayStation.com.
Get it directly from PlayStation
Starting Tuesday, October 25, 2022 (while supplies last), in the US, UK, France, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, and Luxembourg, the DualSense Edge wireless controller and replaceable stick modules will be available for pre-order only through direct.playstation.com.
The DualSense Edge wireless controller and replaceable stick modules will be available for direct.playstation.com customers in these countries starting January 26, 2023, and will be offered at other participating retailers starting February 23, 2023.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
The replaceable stick modules and braided, lockable cable are very nice touches - things I've wished manufacturers would do / provide for years now.

$200 though? Sony loves to overcharge for their phones and televisions, wasn't expecting them to extend that practice to PlayStation. $150 for the Xbox Pro controller was already a steep asking price. $200 is just silly IMO.

jaysius

Banned
$200 for only 2 BACK BUTTONS... this is retarded.

Also making those retarded "shift" type buttons under the sticks, they could have saved that design cost to figure out 2 more back buttons/paddles. Xbox figured out the shift button just fine as a single button, and it works perfectly, having a dedicated button for mic level and headphone volume is a complete waste, nobody is changing those frequently, if the machine works properly and audio is properly normalized that's a "set it and forget it" feature.

It's good that it has removable stick modules, those are the things that die on controllers.

Last edited:

8BiTw0LF

Banned
If Hall Effect stick modules are made it will be a no-brainer, but it will be hard to get used to only 2 back buttons when I've used 4 for the past 5 years.

I'll probably wait for the V2 that will come out in a couple of years.

Three

The replaceable stick modules and braided, lockable cable are very nice touches - things I've wished manufacturers would do / provide for years now.

$200 though? Sony loves to overcharge for their phones and televisions, wasn't expecting them to extend that practice to PlayStation. $150 for the Xbox Pro controller was already a steep asking price. $200 is just silly IMO.
What's the benefit of the braided lockable cable? Seems wierd to me. Especially being at the bottom. Does that mean it won't charge on an official charging stand either?

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
If Hall Effect stick modules are made it will be a no-brainer, but it will be hard to get used to only 2 back buttons when I've used 4 for the past 5 years.

I'll probably wait for the V2 that will come out in a couple of years.
Would be nice if someone makes a Hall Effect replacement module for these and I agree only 2 back buttons is a bummer

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
What's the benefit of the braided lockable cable? Seems wierd to me. Especially being at the bottom. Does that mean it won't charge on an official charging stand either?

For me it's when I play on PC. I don't like having to pair it with bluetooth, since my PC is on my desk and close enough for the cable. A braided cable should last much longer, as it's more flexible, and the lock prevents the occasional, accidental disconnection - which becomes more common as the cable ages and the port on the controller used more often.

As for charging on the stand, I don't know, but I hope Sony didn't change it so much that it wouldn't be compatible with the official charging station.

jaysius

Banned
yes offence, this should have been the next gen controllers from the start. not some premium that segments users.
Completely agree, it's such a shitty value they had to toss in a usb "locker" or whatever to try and justify the high price.

We'll never see back buttons as standard, because dumb people won't understand it.

Ansphn

As long as the modules are reasonable pricing, these are 1st day buy. This controller should last the whole generation.

Three

So those things at the bottom of the sticks were function buttons like I predicted and not trigger releases. Nice!

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Adjustable deadzone is pay to win for Destiny 2 players lol.

It has an abnormal 22% deadzone and with the Edge controller players can set it to 0-5% and have an edge - pun intended.

Top Bottom