• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dudebro: MSIFUSIHTS/SY2: The Straight-Up Official Thread!

I want to help in some way.
I have some experience with web design specifically web mapping and Flex, JS and .NET

Please let me know if these can be of use or if you need a ingame map designed or something :)

Twig

Banned
MrPing1000 said:
I take issue with the bad guys having bro in their names.

They aren't bros, they should be the completel opposite of dudes and bros.

Unless u have a rip off mario and luigi tag team boss. They can be bros, but evil bros.
Bros never get along outside their own little broup. Rival broalitions are prone to bronflict.

this is exciting, er, broxciting

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
This is awesome guys. I think I might do some promo art or whatever for this in a week or so.

Twig

Banned
Zeouterlimits said:
Yup, and Google Docs would be perfect for organising people, having shared lists of what has to be done etc.
This is how me and my friend handle our little duo of a game development team. And it's how my senior design project group is handling our project management. It's really nice.

The only caveat is that you can't tie docs to any specific Group. The two will have to be separate.

I haven't played with Wave enough to know if you can attach Docs to a wave or not.

andycapps

MrPing1000 said:

Unless u have a rip off mario and luigi tag team boss. They can be bros, but evil bros.

Agreed there.

Glad that this finally has it's own thread
and yet I still can't believe it's happening

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Kccitystar said:
I want to help with writing, I am an english major if that helps :lol

The main character's name is Dudebro, or are you guys planning to flesh it out and let that be his nickname or something?

Yeah, I'm an English BA myself :lol (english BAs for life!!)

His name is John Dudebro, former leader of the Dudesquad, an elite group of soldiers with high brodiocity, formed by the Battle Ready Ordinance Alliance (B.R.O.).

I'm cool on writing (to be honest, there REALLY isn't a lot to write :lol), but I'm constantly mining the thread for ideas, so please keep posting!

Btw, I'm hammering out a gameplay mechanics overview with Mik and Jocchan. I will post it in a bit, and interested programmers can let me know if they can do it. :)

If you need another Voice Actor for more villains/bosses/sound effects I'll volunteer. If you need a test just PM or contact me with any test lines, ect... & I'll send you my recordings (It'll also help you see if my sound/mic is high enough quality). Happy to help, been following since page 15 of the Imaignez thread! :)

Twig

Banned
Tim-E said:
I'm a fucking sociology major so I don't know how much help I can be. :lol
How will this game affect society? Is it too much for the populace to handle? Will humanity fall into a broiling pit of despair and agony?

It's your job to find out.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
ElectricBlue187 said:
I want to help in some way.
I have some experience with web design specifically web mapping and Flex, JS and .NET

Please let me know if these can be of use or if you need a ingame map designed or something :)

Could you work on a more fleshed out promotional Web site than the teaser site we have now?

I'm kinda thinking we keep that teaser site, but use it as a portal. When visitors click on the Polaroid photo, it takes them to a promo site with game description, character bios, screenshots, etc.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
V_Ben said:
well, i gave it another go. an "interesting" attempt. funkified. feels like an old school mascot!

http://www.mediafire.com/?th5dd0hinov

again, opinions please!

I like this.

TheOneGuy said:
This is how me and my friend handle our little duo of a game development team. And it's how my senior design project group is handling our project management. It's really nice.

The only caveat is that you can't tie docs to any specific Group. The two will have to be separate.

I haven't played with Wave enough to know if you can attach Docs to a wave or not.

You can post pretty much anything in a Wave. I inserted a PDF of the trumpet part to Kakariko Village in a GAF Wave, once.

ZealousD said:
Any comments on my Dudebro voice acting? I hate when I always get the last post on a page. =P

http://kiwi6.com/file?id=5qe4d1pg

I think your delivery is very funny. But I kinda liked the slightly southern accent V_Ben put into his interpretation.

Perhaps you two should fight to the death. =P

Tim-E

TheOneGuy said:
How will this game affect society? Is it too much for the populace to handle? Will humanity fall into a broiling pit of despair and agony?

It's your job to find out.

I think the bro population will be thrilled to see another game released that appeals to their very specific tastes. Also, the bros who do nothing but check Facebook will have access to this game if we make it browser based.

Society as a whole will be mixed. There will probably be news segments criticizing the game, saying that it is wrong that a game that objectifies women and promotes ultraviolence should be available to play on any computer.

Kccitystar

thetrin said:
Yeah, I'm an English BA myself :lol (english BAs for life!!)

His name is John Dudebro, former leader of the Dudesquad, an elite group of soldiers with high brodiocity, formed by the Battle Ready Ordinance Alliance (B.R.O.).

I'm cool on writing (to be honest, there REALLY isn't a lot to write :lol), but I'm constantly mining the thread for ideas, so please keep posting!

Btw, I'm hammering out a gameplay mechanics overview with Mik and Jocchan. I will post it in a bit, and interested programmers can let me know if they can do it. :)

This game should be over the top, like having some sort of grenade that looks like a pill but can explode with the power of a nuclear bomb and having Dudebro's means of transportation a fucking tank :lol

Tim-E

V_Ben said:
well, i gave it another go. an "interesting" attempt. funkified. feels like an old school mascot!

http://www.mediafire.com/?th5dd0hinov

again, opinions please!

I do like this direction. The lead guitar riff sounds like something you'd hear from a mid-90s action game's main menu, which is kind of how I imagined the game's atmosphere, at least within the menus and whatnot.

bombshack

Neo Member
I came into this thread expecting some good shoops, and by the time I got to the end of the OP I got a bromonuclear explosion in my face.

So where does a dudebro sign up to help script or write? I haven't got any particular credentials aside from 10 years of writing. =/ HELP A BRO OUT BY LETTING A BRO HELP YOU.

Btw, they should totally go through Brozil before they get to Mexico to get Pasquales.

All right, I did a few samples for Brolling Stan. My fat guy voice is decent but could be a lot better. I think I'll record it seriously after eating like 10 cheeseburgers or something. The only problem is I have to go by my friend's schedule since I don't have a microphone on this comp.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'm an English BA too, so I'd like to use my skills to produce a shitty rap song to play during the credit roll of the game.

I could also do some voice work, as well.

Irish

I love listening to all the voice acting samples, does that make me weird?

EDIT: Please keep them coming. Try out some Brolling Stan or even Reverend Brahnson.

Tim-E

morningbus said:
I'm an English BA too, so I'd like to use my skills to produce a shitty rap song to play during the credit roll of the game.

I could also do some voice work, as well.

:lol An end-credits rap song a-la Gears of War would be great.

Machine

I know that buried in the Babiez thread was a link to a Cafepress store someone set up. Perhaps that should follow to this new thread too. Maybe there could be a small commission which could go towards development costs (if any).

Danthrax said:
Could you work on a more fleshed out promotional Web site than the teaser site we have now?

I'm kinda thinking we keep that teaser site, but use it as a portal. When visitors click on the Polaroid photo, it takes them to a promo site with game description, character bios, screenshots, etc.
Sure thing, broseph.
Will you be sending out google groups invites via PM?

Tim-E

cooljeanius said:
I can make a Facebook page for Dudebro if people want.

I think this is a good idea. Promoting through Facebook is pretty much essential now. If it's a browser-based game, would it be possible to make the game playable in Facebook, like Farmville and things of that nature?

Granted, I wouldn't want it to be a Facebook exclusive game, but it could be one of the places to play it from if that would even work.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Danthrax said:
I think your delivery is very funny. But I kinda liked the slightly southern accent V_Ben put into his interpretation.

Perhaps you two should fight to the death. =P

I'm from Oklahoma, I sorta figured my normal voice had enough of a slight twang to it that it would carry over into my dudebro voice. :lol

bombshack

Neo Member
What we need is a youtube teaser video with a rap song played over it with all the best parts of the game in it being shown so people start preloading that game as soon as it's available.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Can I voice some minor characters? Maybe provide the voice clips of a few of the solders being killed :lol

Kccitystar

It's a browser based game? Shit and I was sitting here thinking it would be something much bigger. I guess that's why there isn't that much to write :\

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
We need a viral video on Youtube, something like "All I want for Christmas is a Dudebro".

MrPing1000 said:

The bosses are part of an elite special team of ex-bros, who defected in mysterious circumstances.

Mik2121

Kccitystar said:
It's a browser based game? Shit and I was sitting here thinking it would be something much bigger. I guess that's why there isn't that much to write :\

A browser based game as in, you can boot it up from a browser. But it will be full 3D. Like Quake Live and all those games.

Tim-E

Kccitystar said:

If we tried to make an elaborate third person shooter or something of that nature, it would probably never be finished. I think it's best to start off with something a big realistic, like this.

Plus, you can do some pretty amazing things with browser based games these days. Unity can handle 3D. Just look at Quake Live if you doubt what you can do from within a browser.

Manaka

Kccitystar said:

This is just the beginning, soon it will be much bigger.
A legend is in the making

Time to think about Dudebro cereals and stuff!

EDIT:

Some of these names just have to be in the game

Brometheus
Abroham Lincoln
Abrolf Hitler (the A in abro is for anti)
Wolfang Amadeus Brozart
...and so on

Tim-E said:
I think this is a good idea. Promoting through Facebook is pretty much essential now. If it's a browser-based game, would it be possible to make the game playable in Facebook, like Farmville and things of that nature?

Granted, I wouldn't want it to be a Facebook exclusive game, but it could be one of the places to play it from if that would even work.
Yeah, but it's early days yet for promotion on that scale.

Tim-E

Jocchan said:
The bosses are part of an elite special team of ex-bros, who defected in mysterious circumstances.

Maybe the fabled Dudebro I took place on Shadow Broses Island.

Zeouterlimits said:
Yeah, but it's early days yet for promotion on that scale.

I agree. I was just saying that when we do get ready to promote, we need to do it through Facebook.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Jocchan said:
We need a viral video on Youtube, something like "All I want for Christmas is a Dudebro".

Can Dr. Iress Doomeyer be a sub boss then? Or is my idea not good enough for the game ;-;

Maybe make him looks like a pathetically weak and frail scientist with an overly clashing bad ass eye scar and eye patch from when Dudebro stabbed out his eye. For added effect, make a hole in his hair on the back a bunch of stitches and metal staples behind he eye, showing just how far Dudebro stabbed him.

Kccitystar said:
This game should be over the top, like having some sort of grenade that looks like a pill but can explode with the power of a nuclear bomb and having Dudebro's means of transportation a fucking tank :lol

It's important to remember that he is Dudebro
Your example is very dude, but not bro enough. Try to throw in some collar popping, or shotgunning bad beer.

[Nintex]

As one of the original Bro's I could be some sort of special advisor for the project. I can also write PR messages and HYPE HYPE HYPE.

oracrest

This one gets me every time.

dudebro3cover-Gouty.jpg

For no explained reason, there needs to be a level where suddenly you have to run a football down into an endzone, then just cut back to normal shoot/slicin'

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Drkirby said:
Can Dr. Iress Doomeyer be a sub boss then? Or is my idea not good enough for the game ;-;
I must have missed it :O Let me do a quick search!

Tim-E

Wormdundee said:
It's important to remember that he is Dudebro
Your example is very dude, but not bro enough. Try to throw in some collar popping, or shotgunning bad beer.

Dudebro is who the bros want to play as when they play an action game, it will be Chicken's job to represent what a bro really is.

Top Bottom