• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Duke Nukem Forever: May 3 in NA, May 6 elsewhere [Trailer Added]

I just hope the soul of the game has not been tainted too much by the last minute restriction of 2 weapons at a time. I miss the days of when I could walk around with 15 different guns and blast shit to pieces based on how I felt about doing it at the time.

Still......

FUCK YEAH.

AshMcCool said:
Yeah, but anything less would have been a disappointment.

If they could fit more, they would.

Brashnir

Kibbles said:
Duke's controller buttons "F" "U" "C" "K". The gaiety derived from that exceeded my self control capabilities!

Not to ruin it for you, but they actually say DUKE.

Not sure if the game itself looks any good, but that was a good trailer. I liked how self-aware it was. My favorite like was, "He's Rested."

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
My god... I can finally throw away that 10 year old reserve ticket... It's finally coming.

I would buy this game for the experience I know that I'm going to get; I don't expect a ton of surprises from this game. That said, that experience already feels like it's going to be so shallow that it won't be worth $60. I think I'll wait for a price-drop.

celebi23

Dammit. The only thing bringing me down now is that there probably isn't a Mac version coming out at launch. I just don't get it. Hell, Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition had one and even Borderlands: GOTY Edition has one. Yet, the Mac ports happened about a year after the launch of their PC counterparts. For once, I want a high profile game launching on the Mac the same time it launches on PC/XBox 360/PS3 (that isn't developed by Blizzard). Is that so much to ask? I mean, the Mac gaming scene is different now thanks to Steam. I just wish that developers would stop treating us like 2nd class citizens.

/rant

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Neuromancer said:
Yeah like George Broussard may personally call you and say "BALLS OF STEEL," then hang up.

I would....cherish that phone call forever.

webrunner said:
Hold on to it.. Gearbox said they wanted to give people things that had reserve tickets.

I guess I'll be holding onto it then. I wonder how they'll verify it.

AshMcCool

Hawk xSx said:
Don't you ever say an unkind word about Prey!

Agreed. Really liked the game. But to be honest, I didn't heard a lot about the game before I got it, so it was a really a nice suprise for me. I loved all this Gravitational and Portal stuff. I also adored it's music and sounddesign. Never got why so many people were dissapointed.

wenis said:
I would....cherish that phone call forever.

I guess I'll be holding onto it then. I wonder how they'll verify it.

They did something similar with borderlands receipts, you had to send in a picture and something else, and one of their workers actually hopped into your game and gave you weapons, I don't know what they would do for this though.

Polari

celebi23 said:
Dammit. The only thing bringing me down now is that there probably isn't a Mac version coming out at launch. I just don't get it. Hell, Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition had one and even Borderlands: GOTY Edition has one. Yet, the Mac ports happened about a year after the launch of their PC counterparts. For once, I want a high profile game launching on the Mac the same time it launches on PC/XBox 360/PS3 (that isn't developed by Blizzard). Is that so much to ask? I mean, the Mac gaming scene is different now thanks to Steam. I just wish that developers would stop treating us like 2nd class citizens.

/rant

It's because no-one cares.

dream

Thumbing through this issue is so depressing. There are ads for Baldur's Gate, Fallout, Realms of the Haunting... and world exclusive announcements of Diablo 2 and Gabriel Knight 3. :/

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
What game gave access to the beta/demo? I seem to recall buying said game, but I have no clue what it was now. Did I miss the beta? Did I imagine it?

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
DaBuddaDa said:
Maybe. It was first announced April 28, 1997, which could make someone almost 14 years old if they were born on that date.
I was 13 years old when this game was announced. The game has been in development for more than half of my life. Yes, that makes me feel old.

I honestly cannot believe that this is happening. Sure, it took 3DR dissolving to happen, but frankly, we all knew that was going to happen. Now let's see if the bets on Duke come up trumps? I can only hope for awesomeness.

poppabk said:
What game gave access to the beta/demo? I seem to recall buying said game, but I have no clue what it was now. Did I miss the beta? Did I imagine it?
Borderlands, and no, you haven't missed it.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
celebi23 said:
I mean, the Mac gaming scene is different now thanks to Steam. I just wish that developers would stop treating us like 2nd class citizens.

/rant

well, you are. :D

profit

Metalic Sand said:
Was hoping for some special edition with a "Making of DVD" Or DVD's :lol
Well if you want to see 5 hours of dudes just sitting around playing WoW.....
I kid, so excited!

JRW

"Duke Nukem Forever: May 3 in NA, May 6 elsewhere"

holyshi.gif

Teknoman

poppabk said:

Borderlands.

And dunno when it starts...i've had access for awhile for the PC version, but nothing has popped up about a download.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
AniHawk said:
Buying this on principle alone.

This is the point. Anyone who says "this looks mediocre" obviously isn't a real gamer.

ElRenoRaven

Hawk xSx said:
Don't you ever say an unkind word about Prey!

What? Another Prey fan?!?!?!?! That game really was so underrated. Sure the multiplayer was a laggy mess that was still fun mind you, but the single player was just awesome!!

S1kkZ

what really pisses me off is the blur/vaseline effect in the background. looks awful (and was not in the videomaterial that was filmed at pax).

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
BloodySinner said:
Just finished watching the trailer... The game has been in development for how long again? It looks like shit. I was hoping for a technical showpiece at the very least.

Yes, I too would expect a game announced in 1997 that went through 2 engine changes would be technically superior to Crysis. Because that makes sense.

Top Bottom