• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Duke Nukem Forever video coming 12/19/07, Noon CST

kbear

For reference, here's the 2001 trailer for Duke Nukem Forever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfimxgt1szw

This was before they scrapped everything and moved on to a new engine. Look at the presentation of this video, the atmosphere, the blockbuster movie-like set pieces, it was ahead of its time. Now imagine all of this with glorious 2008 visuals. Just watching this old trailer got me psyched. I never stopped believin'!

pswii60

Everyone keep in mind, this is just a teaser:

Last Saturday we had our annual company Christmas party. It was a lot of fun as usual but it featured one special surprise. It turns out that several people had been secretly working late nights and into the wee hours of the morning preparing a special video for those at the party. They created a short teaser for Duke Nukem Forever.

After seeing the teaser we thought it was something we should share with all of you and while it's just a teaser, rest assured more is coming.

Tomorrow, Wednesday the 19th, around noon CST, we will release the first teaser trailer from Duke Nukem Forever. To tide you over until then, here is a screen shot taken from the teaser.

Thank you for being fans of the game and for your continued patience.

I'd like to thank the people on the team that worked so hard to create this teaser and the friends of 3DR that helped create it (Jeremy Soule and Julian Soule, Frank Bry, Jason Evigan and of course, Jon St. John).

Probably not in-game then :(

Xabora

dn3d.gif

Can't be more manly than this.

maus

it's been known that developement has been on track for a while, this isn't terribly shocking. hopefully the lack of media is over and we'll be able to tell if it's fun or not.

Kafel

Banned
A teaser.

Like they needed to tease us more.

BTW, the fact they're releasing that doesn't mean they're hard at work on DNF. It looks more like "hey we did a funny vid for Xmas, wanna see ?"

eznark

Banned
So this pretty much means it's pointless to study for my final tomorrow evening, as we'll all be dead by the time it should start.

Sweet.

Hunter D

Speevy said:
Wouldn't it be bizarre if this game didn't suck and actually reinvented the modern first person shooter?
It will. The Duke will deliver. He's back to shit on all nonbelievers and pretenders.

ThePeter

i think the teaser might be something along the lines of Fallout 3's teaser. either that or a head explodingly shocking blowout akin to Killzone 2.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Speevy said:
Wouldn't it be bizarre if this game didn't suck and actually reinvented the modern first person shooter?

It has had enough time to reinvent it twice. It damn well better be exceptional.

Top Bottom