• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Duke Nukem: Reloaded Leaked

MarkyG

Hey, all. I don't often post new topics here but I thought this was post-worthy:

Looks pretty good, considering the state of the build. The source code is also out there so maybe some enterprising modders could pick up where Interceptor left?

Here's some MP footage:

Last edited:

Kikorin

Yes, this screams Unreal Engine 3 all over the place and I think it looks pretty bad too. Good thing the original Duke Nukem 3D still looks awesome, with the renaissance of retro shooters I think 3D Realms or who have the rights would just have to give the IP in hands of some passionate indie team to make a sequel in Build Engine.

At this point the Duke Nukem IP have appeal just for old players, so the best would be to make a low/middle budget game that target these players, going all in with the Duke controversial humor (for these years) without trying to reboot it or making it appealing for the younger generations.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
This has been the best year for Duke fans. I seriously dropped my balls when DNF 2001 leaked. I've waited my whole life for this. amazing!
waiting for 2002 and doom3 engine builds too!

Last edited:

Uiki

A shame this franchise can't be reinvented like Doom 2016.
12078ab8552dc165407b56a482b0831e--wat-meme-photos.jpg

• LOL
Reactions: Isa

ultrazilla

Gold Member
Isn't that just a fan mod that was dmca ?

This was at one time an "officially" approved Gearbox fan game. The game is DONE-COMPLETE. Once Gearbox saw how good the game was compared to Duke Nukem Forever(which they were stitching up at the time)
they told the fan team that although they gave them permission to *make* the game, they never gave permission for it to be *released*. In other words, the fan team got screwed hard.

It was only a matter of time before this somehow got leaked and hopefully we'll be able to get the whole game.

Top Bottom