• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dun duuun - The December Numbers

SantaC

wow 600K bought GC again. I guess the console isn't dead yet even without new games :lol

just unleash zelda now dammit!

Aurora

ToxicAdam said:
Peter Moore (on the December numbers): "This is a solid start. Especially, when you figure each company loses money on thier consoles they produce. MS has actually lost the least amount of money in December. That definitely is a good thing."

Holy shit. :lol

AniHawk

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Well, its time for software, isn't it yet? ; ;

Just came from the time machine... :D

My original post was when I came back from 2007, when ToS GC was reprinted with an extensive marketing campaign, and went on to become the bestselling game of all time.

Also, Mass Effect was overrated.

Tarazet

ToxicAdam said:
Peter Moore (on the December numbers): "This is a solid start. Especially, when you figure each company loses money on thier consoles they produce. MS has actually lost the least amount of money in December. That definitely is a good thing.

:lol Like he actually cares about "losing less money." Put those millions of consoles on the shelves so you can sell all those games and accessories that are taking up space!

littlewig

Banned
Any guess when Xbox360 will reach 1 million units in the US?

No doubt third parties will jump ships soon if it takes too long.

Borys said:
Speevy ?!?!?!?!

no,

this is speevy's visage

i3ea7o5ad.jpg

PS2 - ~1.5 million
PSP - ~1.12 million

clap24go.gif

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
littlewig said:
No doubt third parties will jump ships soon if it takes too long.
We are talking about Microsoft, not Nintendo.

God this thread is giving me clinical depression. :(

Amir0x said:
I'm pretty sure third parties won't be jumping ship at all.

Possibly rollback support?

The 360 is a shining example of why you probably won't see Sony or Nintendo attempt a worldwise launch with their systems. It's just not worth it.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
SolidSnakex said:

The 360 is a shining example of why you probably won't see Sony or Nintendo attempt a worldwise launch with their systems. It's just not worth it.
Jim Merrick (I think it was Merrick) said that Nintendo wanted the Revolution to have a launch window of 14 weeks for all regions, no clue if they will adhere to that or not.

Amir0x

Banned
AirBrian said:
Lobb posts here? Really?

Yes.

SolidSnakex said:

On this same token, I still admire Microsoft for trying. It was a pretty interesting experiment, and it did not work out as well as they might have planned. Still, they can claim a lot of firsts because of it and it's very good for PR imho.

But I don't think third parties plan to rollback support or anything. They know supplies will be fixed eventually, and then when it is readily available that is when judgments will be made.

I guess these numbers do a good job of answers 2 questions surrounding the PS2.

1.) Why Sony won't drop the price.

2.) Why we're seeing so many new PS2 games announced.

AniHawk

sonycowboy said:
NDS WINS!!!

Mario Kart
2 out of the 3 Nintendogs (maybe all 3)
Animal Crossing
Mario 64 DS
Mario & Luigi
???

SONIC RUSH BITCHES

Guessing the Gamecube:

SSBM
SMS
TWW
LM
Mario Party 7
Super Mario Baseball
Super Mario Strikers
Pokemon XD
Sonic Mega Collection
Animal Crossing
Shadow the Hedgehog :(

Gee

48 holy shit

did you americans start buying all EA sports titles from 1998 up unitil now all over again?

holy shit!

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
At least DQ8 and SoTC probably sold >100k. They aren't my favorite games, but they do deserve to sell well.

littlewig

Banned
Archie said:
We are talking about Microsoft, not Nintendo.

God this thread is giving me clinical depression. :(

I was being sarcastic, no matter how poorly Xbox360 sells, it will still get more support than Nintendo.

Top Bottom