• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dying Light 2 is not dead - Collectors Edition leaked

Arun1910

Taken from Eurogamer - https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-01-24-dying-light-2-collectors-edition-leaks-online

I'm really glad that their Twitter comments saying they're still working on it were true. I really enjoyed the first game and I'm really excited to see what new ideas they bring to the table.

ULTrxeE.jpg

Blond

Banned
Unless the enemies aren’t going to be damage sponges the entire game count me out. I lost interest near the end because it just never felt like I progressed

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Blast from the past, I forgot there was even plans for a sequel. But also, at the same time:

Unless the enemies aren’t going to be damage sponges the entire game count me out. I lost interest near the end because it just never felt like I progressed

I tapped out after about five hours on the first. There was some good ideas there and the core gameplay was mostly fun, but them damage sponges man......

Hope it lives up to the hype of every building explorable, etc..
Every building? I don't remember them saying this; although it sounds like something I'd automatically file under "yeah, right. Another feature the devs will regret telling marketing they might be able to deliver in time"

As long as the traversal and combat shown in this demo is integrated into actual gameplay, I'm good.

The other features like regions being locked behind choices, and multiple stealth infiltration options are the equivalent of stretch goals to me. Great if they're there, but I doubt they will be.
At least, not at the scale they might have implied.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

If they had they wouldn't have been voting for the same people in the elections. ;)

I can't wait to play it, I really hope every room of the capitol building is fully explorable this time, with cinema quality assets for the viking guy's helmet and Pelosi' laptop. Last time I was really disappointed by the low texture resolution of the flags, RE Village Maiden demo says hellloooooooh! :smh:

Arun1910

Wonder if it'll be good? Seems like its taking forever

Yeah that and the fact it apparently had troubles last year made me wonder if it would ever come out. I actually like the fact they haven't shown much and hope they continue this route. I don't want another cyberpunk situation. I'd rather enjoy the game for what it is than hate it for what I was promised.

Kuranghi

I really liked the 2014 (!!) CGI trailer they did for it:

Not the same effect as the CGI trailer for 1 but it fits the tone of the gameplay a lot more.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I really liked the 2014 (!!) CGI trailer they did for it:

Not the same effect as the CGI trailer for 1 but it fits the tone of the gameplay a lot more.

Well Dead Island 2 != Dying Light 2

Both games are in development hell tho.

Kuranghi

Well Dead Island 2 != Dying Light 2

Both games are in development hell tho.

Haha, cheers, I totally read this as Dead Island 2 until now. When it said "is not dead" I thought of Dead Island 2 straight away. I know DL2 is having issues but I didnt for a minute think it was "dead", we haven't heard anything official just second hand stuff and seeing people leave. I'm not saying it isn't likely DL2 is in dev hell but I'll wait for next official showing of it to decide.

DI2 is DEFINITELY in dev hell though, ya.

Last edited:

kyussman

The first one was one of my favorite PS4 games.If you had told me before a first person open world parkour game could be that good I wouldn't have believed you but they pulled it of really well....throw in a zombie apocalypse and it was a fantastic blend for me....can't wait for the second one!

xrnzaaas

The figurine looks like ass (not literally), but the UV light is a very cool idea.

But isn't this fake? Location's map?

Last edited:

WizeVibez

Banned
I'm so starved for an experience like Dying Light OG. This sequel doesn't even need to accomplish what the dev has shown as long as it's at least more Dying Light at a basic level, and I'll eat that shit up nom nom.

Toaster man

Neo Member
Why no series x or ps5 logo in that pic? Something tells me this from when the game was still set for April 2020. I bet it’s still coming this year though

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Video Game publishers need to ditch the figurines. It doubles the price and most suck, take up room and are just unnecessary. Give me a steelbook, nice art book, CD sountrack and some goodies and I'm good. Get rid of that other trash.

dyergram

I’m rooting for this game. The stuff with the writer leaving and the lack of info along with the gameplay demo looking a bit smoke and mirrorsy imo is concerning I think they should scrap old console versions and aim for a smooth fall release.

Gediminas

Banned
looks really great. i wish, it would not cost 249$ :/ Figurine looks really good, one of the best in recent years.

Banned
and I thought they gonna plan a huge rebrand to Mirror's Edge Z or something :messenger_tears_of_joy:

for real tho... that initial gameplay demo they showed had animations that legitimately looked likey they ripped them straight out of Mirror's Edge Catalyst

Warablo

The first one started out slow, and took me awhile to get into it, but it is one of the best zombie games of all-time.

Redlight

I'm so starved for an experience like Dying Light OG. This sequel doesn't even need to accomplish what the dev has shown as long as it's at least more Dying Light at a basic level, and I'll eat that shit up nom nom.
I agree. I loved the first game and thought that 'The Following' was one of the better expansions.

I was a bit nervous after the big reveal for DL2 when there was a lot of focus on factions and choices (apparently hundreds of them), some of which radically shape the world, not the mention the key character being infected. Sounds interesting, though a little ambitious and not totally Dying Light.

Fingers crossed that everything is going to plan and that they haven't overreached.

Top Bottom