• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dying Light 2 Reloaded Edition releases on February 22

Draugoth

Gold Member
dying-light-2-reloaded-edition-game-rant-exclusive.jpg

Dying Light 2 Stay Human - Reloaded Edition Release Date: February 22 Includes all previously released content, including Bloody Ties, and the Firearms Update Promises new content for solo and co-op players, surprises for Fans of DL1 Improvements to the game's visuals It's the biggest update yet Second Anniversary celebrations via Pilgrim Outpost A Delay for Dying Light 2's Nightmare Mode and Tower Raids

Players will be able to check out everything in the Firearms Update when it drops alongside the Dying Light 2 Stay Human - Reloaded Edition on February 22. This new edition includes all the new content made to the game thus far, including Dying Light 2's Bloody Ties DLC, and includes the Firearms Update as well. The full extent of the Firearms Update remains to be seen, but as fans can see in the video, there appears to be a shotgun, a rifle, and an SMG at least. Smektala also states that the team will continue to refine the Firearms Update as needed, reiterating the studio's commitment to its community.

via GameRant

intbal

And if so, with all the data included on the disc, not like CDPR's Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition on PS5, which is missing the DLC on the disc ...
Definitely.
I didn't play the first Dying Light until the Enhanced Edition with "The Following" was released on disc. Was my favorite game of last generation.
I held off buying Dying Light 2 because I was highly confident that Techland would repeat that formula and release a new edition with more content.
But if they're not including it on disc, there's no real reason to wait any longer and I can just pick up a very cheap used copy of the original release of the game and then buy this "Reloaded" content for DLC price.

kyussman

Loved the first game and the big dlc they did for it......never played this as it seemed it was a let down......the first game was very good mind you,the most fun I ever had with a zombie game,improving on it was a huge task.

fatmarco

I really did not like Dying Light 2, it's such a step back from the first game.

I think fundamentally, the city and the people/ civilization inhabiting it didn't feel authentic or real. It felt excessively fake and gamey, and as a result the stakes never quite hit the way it did with Dead Island 1, 2, and Dying Light.

In those games that feeling of leaving your safe house to go out into the dangerous world to help people, to bring resources back etc. with the ultimate aim of escape just hits far harder than whatever goofy shit the story was in Dying Light 2.

gtabro

The article doesn't say anything about a physical edition.
I hope they intend to release this on disc.
This reminds me of the first disappointment I got with this game - bought it on PC like the first one and got the dreaded and useless "code in a box" treatment. I honestly forgot I had the game physically (supposedly) until I randomly found the box in a random drawer months later.

This game was such a huge disappointment. The first is in the running for the best zombie game of all time, but this one was such a downgrade. I genuinely don't know how they fumbled it after nailing it so hard.
This resonates DEEPLY with me. I still consider the first superior to the second one. Dunno what happened to have such a samey-looking city, overly-chatty yet boring NPCs, floaty parkour (this game taught me realism does not always equal fun), and the removal of shadows at night, which was a huge downgrade to the atmosphere.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

The first game was way better... the city, the atmosphere, the nights actually being scary. Even the simpler story was more enjoyable.

I'd easily recommend Dead Island 2 if someone is hungry for a zombie game with clear focus on killing zombies.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
This is why I still haven’t bought the game. Well, besides not looking anywhere near as good as Dead Island 2, I figure they’ll be doing a more complete package.

Spyxos

Gold Member
It's significantly worse than the first part, but the many updates that are being released seem to improve the game.

Gojiira

This game was such a huge disappointment. The first is in the running for the best zombie game of all time, but this one was such a downgrade. I genuinely don't know how they fumbled it after nailing it so hard.
Simple, DL2 had crazy ambitious RPG mechanics originally with branching paths for the main story, including towns and outposts gradually changing over time or through conquest. And they scrapped it all near release. Why? Because a bitch made accusations against Chris Avellone (He was found innocent in court btw) and Techland being morons cut every dialogue,mechanic and feature he worked on, which amounted to most of the game. Its why everything else was so barebones, this game was a RPG originally.

StereoVsn

Simple, DL2 had crazy ambitious RPG mechanics originally with branching paths for the main story, including towns and outposts gradually changing over time or through conquest. And they scrapped it all near release. Why? Because a bitch made accusations against Chris Avellone (He was found innocent in court btw) and Techland being morons cut every dialogue,mechanic and feature he worked on, which amounted to most of the game. Its why everything else was so barebones, this game was a RPG originally.
Wait, seriously? I remember something going on with Chris A, but they just cut all content and killed their game because of that?

That’s completely insane. It does make sense considering everyone liked the first game a lot better.

Gojiira

Wait, seriously? I remember something going on with Chris A, but they just cut all content and killed their game because of that?

That’s completely insane. It does make sense considering everyone liked the first game a lot better.
Yep, pretty sure Techlands statement when they announced Chris’ firing meant a delay as they removed the content he worked on. And given the content he personally demonstrated at (E3? I think) was RPG mechanics,consequences to the world,settlements getting raided and growing etc, yeah they cut a fuck ton of really ambitious content.
Ngl DL2 was one of my most anticipated games, it literally sounded like New Vegas but Zombies. Theres still moments in the game where you can see there was choices and branching paths but yeah its a tragedy.

Mossybrew

Like others have said, it was a downgrade from the original. I never ended up finishing it. Had a lot more fun with Dead Island 2.

Last edited:

Stuart360

I love how these devs supprt their games for so long. The orig DL was still getting patches, and that medievil dlc last year!.

Top Bottom