• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dying Light 2 - Exclusive 'Gut Feeling' Update Trailer

Spyxos

Gold Member

Check out the brutal trailer for the upcoming Dying Light 2 update, Gut Feeling. Featuring major combat and physics improvements, Dying Light 2 Gut Feeling introduces bloody new ways to dismember the limbs of foes, gear transmog, a new weapon crafting system, and the Viral Rush event, which runs from April 20 to May 4. The update also launches with the new Pilgrim Outpost, where players can track community events, activate bounties, and receive Pilgrim tokens. Watch the Dying Light 2 Gut Feeling Update trailer for a look at what to expect. Dying Light 2's Gut Feeling update arrives on April 20, 2023

I guess they are trying to distract from another similar game.
Blaming Spider-Man GIF

Last edited:

Skifi28

Still waiting for the game to hit the 15-20 euros price range. Will continue waiting, but all improvements till then welcome.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Garbage game. Avoid if you loved the first. I played it at launch coop and replayed it again a month ago coop to see if they improved anything. I am not joking when I say that I'm pretty sure they made up a lot of issues to fix, because the exact same issues I had at launch still exist Today in the coop and even basic features they did not bother to corect such as: allignment rewards are only for the coop host, doors getting locked behind the host, combat and input delays, seeing allignment objects in the world even tho the host did not unlock them, when bigger zombies die they despawn and respawn which cause them sometimes to vanish completely, AI is dog shit, nights are a fucking cakewalk, the most important mechanic in the game is so made for babies, remember the quarantine zones in the first game, they were all unique and different, here they are all exactly the same copy pasted, voice acting is horrible, main story is shit, etc.

First Dying Light is one of the best coop games ever made, even its stupid dialogues have charm. Second Dying Light is one of the worst coop games ever made.

Also reminder they fired Chris Avellone for no reason even tho he was innocent. Dont support this trash.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Hmm I like this sort of physics. Maybe I will bite for some mindless fun. Is it worth it otherwise or should I rather go for Dead Island 2?

Spyxos

Gold Member
Hmm I like this sort of physics. Maybe I will bite for some mindless fun. Is it worth it otherwise or should I rather go for Dead Island 2?
I can't recommend this game. I haven't played Dead Island 2, but it seems to be the better game.

Update looks great. If I can convince a buddy to play, I might try and jump in again this weekend. It's a very fun game, it just had some really odd pacing/progression issues that hopefully have been ironed out. Looking forward to it.

Warablo

I agree that the sequel is a step down from the original. Somewhat bitter that by save got somewhat glitched mid-way from early launch co-op issues. So If I ever comeback to it I'd need to start over.

Bro who gives a fuck about transmog in a FPS game
Mostly co-op people
You would be amazed by how many times people were asking for it in Cyberpunk
You can see your character quite a bit in that.

Last edited:

Hugare

I agree that the sequel is a step down from the original. Somewhat bitter that by save got somewhat glitched mid-way from early launch co-op issues. So If I ever comeback to it I'd need to start over.

Mostly co-op people

You can see your character quite a bit in that.
Not really

Only in mirrors ( and you have to press a button to 'turn on' the mirror), while riding a motorcycle and the endings

I've only ride motorcycles so I've seen my character quite a bit, but if you drive cars, you basically never see yourself throughout the game

Warablo

Not really

Only in mirrors ( and you have to press a button to 'turn on' the mirror), while riding a motorcycle and the endings

I've only ride motorcycles so I've seen my character quite a bit, but if you drive cars, you basically never see yourself throughout the game
I mean every time you open your inventory you see your character and a lot of people use photo mode.

Last edited:
I went back and finished the last few main quests and closed out the story recently, game runs so much better now than it did when it launched with everything maxed...Im on a 4090 but it still was having a lot of issues a few updates ago(Random frame spikes an such even on this card)

It runs so good now, and it looks better to me color wise too, maybe its placebo but man I really liked walking around the city areas

Alebrije

Hope they relase GOTY edition with all the stuff and dlcs...no need to rush for it specially after the lots of complains about bugs and that the game can not compete vs DL1.

SnapShot

I fell asleep during my playthrough because of how much talking there was to do in it and lack of PvP Zombie Invasions, also no cars? first game had those in an expansion, had way more fun playing the first game with a friend over this

DL1>>>>

Last edited:

Osthyvel

I just started playing this today, first game is one of the best games ever, this seems very good to, i was waiting for DI2 but will wait for a sale.

Chronicle

Garbage game. Avoid if you loved the first. I played it at launch coop and replayed it again a month ago coop to see if they improved anything. I am not joking when I say that I'm pretty sure they made up a lot of issues to fix, because the exact same issues I had at launch still exist Today in the coop and even basic features they did not bother to corect such as: allignment rewards are only for the coop host, doors getting locked behind the host, combat and input delays, seeing allignment objects in the world even tho the host did not unlock them, when bigger zombies die they despawn and respawn which cause them sometimes to vanish completely, AI is dog shit, nights are a fucking cakewalk, the most important mechanic in the game is so made for babies, remember the quarantine zones in the first game, they were all unique and different, here they are all exactly the same copy pasted, voice acting is horrible, main story is shit, etc.

First Dying Light is one of the best coop games ever made, even its stupid dialogues have charm. Second Dying Light is one of the worst coop games ever made.

Also reminder they fired Chris Avellone for no reason even tho he was innocent. Dont support this trash.
Summary: dont play this game. I've played it through twice and it's no good.'

Lol

This game was so ridiculously buggy on my Xbox one I had to shelf it. Have a series X now but have not dived back in. Maybe by years end.

Ce'Nedra

Neo Member
I am considering playing this game after playing Dead Island 2 and getting bored of how bad it is. They did not learn nothing from Dying Light.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
All I know is these first person zombie slashers produce the most fun looking trailers.

I want both Dead Island 2 and Dying Light 2. Until the prices come down I’ll just reinstall the originals.

Top Bottom