• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2021 Participants Revealed (Nintendo, MS, Capcom, Konami, UbiSoft). Sony, EA, Activision, Square to Skip

Not upset, just pointing out that whatever he does or doesn’t is view has “he loves us so much” and that makes me puzzled 🤨 maybe I live on a different reality?! Who knows
I wasn't talking about you specifically but for every person that is happy about something Phil said or is doing there are several people talking about how much they hate him or his 'lying'. Sony fans hate Phil Spencer and Jim Ryan for different reasons but the outcome is still the same. Maybe they just don't like corporate vice presidents.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Sony stopped showing at E3 after everyone made fun of them because of the flute guy

jzhnthtrp0411.jpg

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu lmao
Worst E3 show ever. It's like the head of Sony's music division got in on it thinking E3 is an audition camp.

Last edited:

e&e

Banned
Yes I am going to talk down Spencer, the same as I did Mattrick, because they're both shite at running that division.

I won't sit by and let Microsoft be another Sega just because list warslz and Phil Phil Phil.

I want them to make the games like they used to. You know, when they took the industry by storm and scared the shite out of Sony and Nintendo. Mattrick could have sunk the PlayStation division but he was too interested in making interactive games about little boys. fucking pedo.

But I've argued with tosser fanboys like you for a decade and I hate you all. You champion mediocrity because you lack the testicular fortitude to say "this is alright, but we want you at your best"
Wow! I think you might be taking this too seriously. It’s only games, stop being so triggered...

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
I’d long stopped watching Sony’s presentations anyway. Always around 3 AM in central Europe, and after that 2015 “year of dreams” show it’s never been worth the loss of sleep again. Besides, no new Sony hardware has entered my house since the PS3 in 2012 anyway :messenger_grinning_smiling:

I’m hoping against hope that Nintendo will be dropping bombshells, but I’ve been burned too many times before there.

Orpheum

Why is everyone shitting on Sony right here? i mean there's things to criticise them for, don't get me wrong, but they've skipped E3 previously so what's all the drama about? As long as they will do a showcase on their own i don't really get why it would be necessary to tie a digital event to E3.

In regards to Square Enix, i'm guessing that Sony will give them some screen time.

Why is everyone shitting on Sony right here? i mean there's things to criticise them for, don't get me wrong, but they've skipped E3 previously so what's all the drama about? As long as they will do a showcase on their own i don't really get why it would be necessary to tie a digital event to E3.

In regards to Square Enix, i'm guessing that Sony will give them some screen time.

Apparently their showcase only counts if they're part of E3s schedule, regardless of whether the content is going to be the same or not

reksveks

Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo are big enough to not need E3. The question is does Sony go before and take the sting out of some of the publishers show or go after and get 'slightly burnt' by repeating content.

Last edited:

martino

digital only e3 has no real sense to me.....
the only difference with that and doing their own digital event is coordinated planning nothing more.
for us it means packed news content of course....but the most interesting ons were behind doors ones or leaks and this won't happen with digital only.

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
Only reason Nintendo is at E3 is to launch the new switch with showing off Breath of the wild 2, splatoon 3. Would not be surprised if we get a ton of stuff at Sony's state of play with exclusive capcom games. Also get ready for more square enix exclusives on Sony's state of play.

Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo are big enough to not need E3. The question is does Sony go before and take the sting out of some of the publishers show or go after and get 'slightly burnt' by repeating content.

Can't get burnt by repeating content if it's already exclusive to your platform. :goog_unsure:

Last edited:

Astral Dog

Nintendo is a doozy

Havent they been out of E3 for a very long time? Only making Directs?
They make June Directs around E3 and then treehouse livestreams, i argue they are at E3 more than not 🤭

Nintendo definetly will have a big presence this year

Papacheeks

Banned
Always nice to repeat the fact Silent Hill or MGS 1 Remake is a console exclusive

My point was you are not going to see Street fighter 6 with capcom being at E3, it's going to be Resident evil 4 remake, Pragmata. Also expect to see more of Project Athia/FF 16 and possible release date on Sony's state of play.

reksveks

My point was you are not going to see Street fighter 6 with capcom being at E3, it's going to be Resident evil 4 remake, Pragmata. Also expect to see more of Project Athia/FF 16 and possible release date on Sony's state of play.

Sorry, my brain is being stupid today, I wasn't specifically referring to SF VI but other exclusives. You think that Publishers will allow Sony to reveal the exclusives? I can see it but it's a bit of a bad brand move imo.

I remember that typically we have seen first reveals at the platform holders events if they have one and then followed up by an extended trailer at the publisher events. I think this gets a bit weird if Sony goes after but if Sony goes first, it's less of an issue.

Papacheeks

Banned
Sorry, my brain is being stupid today, I wasn't specifically referring to SF VI but other exclusives. You think that Publishers will allow Sony to reveal the exclusives? I can see it but it's a bit of a bad brand move imo.

I remember that typically we have seen first reveals at the platform holders events if they have one and then followed up by an extended trailer at the publisher events. I think this gets a bit weird if Sony goes after but if Sony goes first, it's less of an issue.

Resident evil 7, re2 remake, street fighter v, pragmata, project athia, FF16, FFV7R, all debut at Sony conferences and state of plays.

Audiophile

Man, I miss E3. The tradition of sitting down every year with my headphones on, reclining back and seeing the latest stuff all in one place, getting blown away by some of the epic stuff being shown. Fear covid is the final nail in the coffin for it and it seems Sony are pretty much done with it. All these state of play type deals and just dropping something on YouTube or a blog, all so dull and impersonal.

Top Bottom