• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 conferences/events + times

Lakitu

st5fu
May 18, 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. – ESA (owner of E3Expo) Media Briefing & Breakfast
Led by Entertainment Software Association (ESA) President Douglas Lowenstein, this special event offers media an up-to-date look at the state of the interactive entertainment industry, as well as a first look at the results of the ESA's annual computer and video game consumer survey. Media in attendance will receive a pass for a complimentary breakfast to be served following the briefing. Seating for the breakfast is first-come, first-served.

May 18, 5:30 p.m. – "Into the Pixel" Opening Reception
Don't miss the Opening Reception for "Into the Pixel: An Exhibition of the Art of the Videogame," presented by Spike TV. A collaborative effort of E3Expo, the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences and the LA County Museum of Art, Into the Pixel (ITP) will showcase 16 pieces of art from computer and video games, selected from over 140 submissions by a panel of experts representing both the game and art worlds. The Opening Reception will unveil the ITP Gallery - and celebrate the art and the artists behind these stunning visual works. ITP jury members and selected artists will be on-hand for interviews.
Gallery printed by Epson America.

MEDIA BRIEFINGS

May 16, 3:00 p.m. – Sony Computer Entertainment America –
Media Briefing

May 17, 9:00 a.m. – Nintendo of America Media Briefing

May 18, 11:00 a.m. - 11:45 p.m. – Mirinae Corp/Game Infinity Media Briefing

May 18, 1:00 p.m. - 1:45 p.m. – Bonus Mobile Media Briefing
The Wayans Bros. will be on hand to demonstrate their latest creation, "The Dozens," a new multiplayer game for mobile phones, launching June 1. The Topps Company will launch "The Dozens" trading card game, which will be available through August 2005 exclusively at Blockbuster.

May 18, 2:00 p.m. - 3:45 p.m. – German Pavilion Media Briefing
Representatives of two German Associations, the German Game Developer's Association and the German entertainment software association will present market data for the year 2004 and inform the audiences about trends, challenges and developments on the German market. Nine participating companies from the German Pavilion include:
- German Game Developer's Association
- bhv Software GmbH & Co KG (computer games, software)
- Ascaron Entertainment GmbH (computer games, software, publishing)
- dtp entertainment AG (computer games, software)
- rondomedia Marketing & Vertriebs GmbH (computer games, software)
- Aerosoft GmbH (computer games, computer hardware, flight and train simulation)
- Exit Games Europe (software, mobile entertainment software, middleware)
- deset GmbH (software, multimedia)
- GC 2005, c/o Leipzig Trade Fair (all-inclusive trade fair for digital interactive games)

May 18, 5:00 p.m. - 5:45 p.m. – WildTangent Media Briefing
Join WildTangent for the official unveiling of "Fate," the first downloadable role player game that caters to both casual and hard core gamers alike. The world of "Fate" features a unique 3-D top-down perspective (requiring only a mouse to navigate), detailed artwork, and an infinite number of playing levels – all delivered over the Internet. WildTangent founder and gaming visionary Alex St. John will demo this genre breaking game and share his vision on the future of downloadable games.

May 19, 2:00 p.m. - 2:45 p.m. – Soft Trading U.S.A. Media Briefing

May 20, 2:00 p.m. - 2:45 p.m. – Fuzzyeyes Studio Media Briefing

May 18, 3:00 p.m., May 19, 10:00 a.m., May 20, 11:00 a.m. – Fogware Publishing's New Learning Systems Media Briefing
Come to the world premier of Fogware's New Learning Systems. These state-of-the-art educational software libraries for students age 6-18 are the most comprehensive suites on the market, providing up-to-date core curriculum that is used in schools across America. The Learning Systems incorporate interactive questions, cutting edge graphics and engaging sound effects. Parents are now able to provide the materials needed to help their children meet and exceed their scholastic goals.

When's Microsoft?

neo2046

anyone mentioned this?

Microsoft will have a X360 (confirmed ?) Preview Conference in Japan at May 13
it may also reveal Mistwalker's project (source from last week's famitsu)

okej now i just have to find a online forum that will broadcast gamespots live coverage of this event on the net if GS will be covering it live this year again

last year i was over at a TGFC forum and someone had the live feed from GS on the forum so i could watch the Sony pressconference and Nintendos press conference for free:)

anyone here know who will be doing that this year?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
neo2046 said:
anyone mentioned this?

Microsoft will have a X360 (confirmed ?) Preview Conference in Japan at May 13
it may also reveal Mistwalker's project (source from last week's famitsu)

Yes, a little old now, this is happening in a virgin cinemas somewhere. I guess we can expect to see the MGS Japan titles there.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Microsoft Press Conference will be at Shrine Auditorium - 665 W. Jefferson Blvd.
Doors open at 6:30 pm

Unison

The Wayans Bros. will be on hand to demonstrate their latest creation, "The Dozens," a new multiplayer game for mobile phones, launching June 1. The Topps Company will launch "The Dozens" trading card game, which will be available through August 2005 exclusively at Blockbuster.

Who will have live feed video of this important event?

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
"Age of Empires II (AOE II): The Age of Kings" – The PC
mega-franchise comes exclusively to the Nintendo DS. Shifting from
real-time strategy to a fast-paced turn-based game, "Age of
Empires II (AOE II): The Age of Kings" takes full advantage of the
Nintendo DS with touch screen and Wi-Fi support, while being
presented in a new animated art style. The game is a perfect
combination of content and style for the Nintendo DS. (Expected
Release - October 2005, Platforms – DS, Developer - Backbone
Entertainment, Rating – TBD)

Didn't know where else to post this since I.. still can't make topics yet, ha.

I don't know of this is news to anyone yet, but my point is... have ya'll been getting the emails yet too?
I mean, it sure is awsome to get emails cofirming tons and tons of games that are going to be at the show :)

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Sony really fucked a number of us over who are flying in on the 16th. I literally have 2 hours to get from the airport to the conference; what worries me is if I get caught in traffic. I will not miss the unveiling of the PS3! I will walk if I have to!

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Drat. My editor forgot to contact the PR groups.

Think I can still get into these conferences if I notify the PR folks over the next week? It's for a radio station, so I'm "real media".

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
DavidDayton said:
Drat. My editor forgot to contact the PR groups.

Think I can still get into these conferences if I notify the PR folks over the next week? It's for a radio station, so I'm "real media".

My buddy going with me - also David - is also going as "real media" through a radio station.

Davey, is that you?!

jk. Anyway, yea should if you do it fast and contact the LA office.

The Wayans Bros. will be on hand to demonstrate their latest creation, "The Dozens," a new multiplayer game for mobile phones, launching June 1.
I think the game is named this due to there being so many Wayanseses out there. On the plus side, that also means the game already has a built-in audience of dozens.

Firest0rm

radioheadrule83 said:
Reckon the choice of holding Nintendo's conference in Hollywood is coincidence?

No, I think its on purpose. Their probably going to expand more on their idea from E3.

"We're in hollywood, to talk about hollywood!"

*Unveiling of the hollywood inside of Revolution*

*Nfan cries*

explodet

JoshuaJSlone said:
I think the game is named this due to there being so many Wayanseses out there. On the plus side, that also means the game already has a built-in audience of dozens.
Not a bad theory, but here's what "The Dozens" usually refers to:

Yo mama's so fat...

a) ... when she ran away, they had to use all four sides of the milk carton.
b) ... she wears a watch on each arm, one for each timezone.
c) ... when I yell "Kool-Aid," she comes crashing through the wall.

madara

Just because your press doesnt get you on press conferences right? You still need invite? Gad its been too long..

AB 101

Banned

I hear there will be pom-pom girls there. 8)

omg Sony briefing before Microsoft !!! Ps3 is coming

Well, with the May 12 MTV Xbox 360 showing, they really do not have the element of surprise.

Unless its as powerful as rumored. ;)

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Well, with the May 12 MTV Xbox 360 showing, they really do not have the element of surprise.
Frankly, with all these leaks, even the MS has lost the element of surprise on May 12, at least to internet dwellers like us.

I'm very much looking forward to hearing about the specs, but I think they won't be saying anything about that on MTV.

madara said:
Just because your press doesnt get you on press conferences right? You still need invite? Gad its been too long..

I need to know this as well.

Got my Media badge today, but I'm hearing there's a special invitation for the Nintendo press conf.

Is this correct?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I need to know this as well.

Got my Media badge today, but I'm hearing there's a special invitation for the Nintendo press conf.

Is this correct?
Yes, you need a special press invitation for all three conferences, and to be on some kind of list to be let through the door. Badge alone is not enough. I've heard people guarding the door to Nintendo's conference are qute lenient about letting people inside, even if they don't have that invitation though, but MS and Sony people are more rigorous.

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
Unrelated question, but thought people might know the answer...

I sent my registration stuff in during the last week, but when I check the online verification on the website it shows no record of my name. Does it usually take awhile for this to show up?

dkeane

"Originally Posted by radioheadrule83:
Reckon the choice of holding Nintendo's conference in Hollywood is coincidence?"

It is sort of Strange that Nintendo's Event is taking place 3 Days after their store in NYC is opening, which is one block away from Broadway. Conspiracy?...you decide.

Culex

Banned
Guy LeDouche said:
hello day off.

LOL, I was thinking the same thing. I wonder if my boss knows E3 is next month. I'll have to come up with a good excuse this year to stay home and watch the Nintendo conference.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Since no one has added this yet

Monday, May 16th
Microsoft Press Conference
Starts 7:15pm @ the Shrine auditorium

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Got my invite to the Square-Enix event... you guys think this will be worth going to? They are giving us lunch :)

SQUARE ENIX, Inc. is hosting a press conference during this year’s E3 to present its largest title line-up yet. The presentation will feature a keynote speech from top SQUARE ENIX executives and discussion of the company’s direction.

CONFERENCE SCHEDULE

Date: Monday, May 16, 2005

Registration begins: 11:00 AM
Conference: 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM
Lunch reception: 1:05 PM – 2:05 PM

SantaC

That's 6pm my time. That's perfect. I don't need to take the day off :)

I will be ready with livestream + snacks and soda :D

Top Bottom