• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 press conference time roundup - Use event or Spike TV times?

Is there a way I could watch these conferences on my TV (in the UK)?
I have an iMac so I can't really hook it up to my TV.
(I'll be able to do this with Mountain Lion and an Apple TV when that comes out.)
Plus I presume you need Xbox Live Gold to watch it on the Xbox, right?

Just for clarification, i thought the Sony conference was at 2am on Tuesday morning rather than wednesday morning? (London time)

I was banking on it being Tuesday morning since we have 2 bank holidays (Monday and Tuesday) so i would have been able to watch the Sony one live rather than book a day off.

(I'll be able to do this with Mountain Lion and an Apple TV when that comes out.)

Not really sadly, if you could get your Mac running on your TV then yea but without XBLG i dont see it happening really.

Just for clarification, i thought the Sony conference was at 2am on Tuesday morning rather than wednesday morning? (London time)

I was banking on it being Tuesday morning since we have 2 bank holidays (Monday and Tuesday) so i would have been able to watch the Sony one live rather than book a day off.

It is your reading it wrong, Anything yellow is tuesday.

Your UK right
UKGAF event times below
1YhEq.png

pramath

Banned

Does your iMac have FireWire? FireWire lets you hook your Mac up to your TV via HDMI.
Also, Microsoft at least will be streaming their E3 conference over Xbox Live.

It is Tuesday morning.

It is on Tuesday morning. (Monday night.)

Does your iMac have FireWire? FireWire lets you hook your Mac up to your TV via HDMI.
Also, Microsoft at least will be streaming their E3 conference over Xbox Live.

I don't know. I've never used FireWire or Thunderbolt before. Do you know if it's possible on a late 2011 21.5" iMac?

Edit: I just searched. It does have FireWire 800 port.
Edit 2: There are no FireWire 800 to HDMI adapters available.

mclem

I'll be using my laptop with HDMI out. You might possibly be able to stream it through the PS3 (and maybe even the Wii!) web browser, but don't count on that.

I don't see it being broadcast on television over here, but depending on what you've got plugged into your telly, there's a good chance you'll find *something* that works.

I have *way too much* plugged into my telly. In my case the dilemma is deciding *which*.

I would assume it'll be open to everyone - after all, it's effectively a marketing tool - but don't count on it.

Thanks for this!

I'm watching MSFT, EA, Ubisoft & Nintendo live, on Gametrailers.

Sony is just too late for me (CET timezone).

pramath

Banned
Thanks for this!

I'm watching MSFT, EA, Ubisoft & Nintendo live, on Gametrailers.

Sony is just too late for me (CET timezone).

Think about me, I have to wake up at 6 in the morning to watch Sony's D:
I'm counting on it being boring enough to put me back to sleep though :p

Clipper

LOL Thanks for that, wasnt going by colour but rather positioning :)

Obviously, my attempts to combat this sort of mistake still aren't enough (you're not the only one). Time to make another change, I guess...

Edit: And it's done... To everybody that did understand it, is the new text too off-putting? There are other things I could try, but this seems the best way to stop confusing people.

Does anyone have the exact details of what conferences are televised, and where?

So far I think its...

Spike HD

MS
Nintendo
EA

G4TV HD

Sony
Ubisoft

Is that right?

MS, Nintendo, and Sony are commercial free for sure. Don't know about EA and Ubisoft. I'm not even sure if Ubisoft is televised.

yencid

Does anyone have the exact details of what conferences are televised, and where?

So far I think its...

Spike HD

MS
Nintendo
EA

G4TV HD

Sony
Ubisoft

Is that right?

MS, Nintendo, and Sony are commercial free for sure. Don't know about EA and Ubisoft. I'm not even sure if Ubisoft is televised.

Im guessing youtube will be using this address again

http://www.youtube.com/e3

No confirmation though.

But i really hope they do because they put up the whole conferences afterwards

http://www.youtube.com/user/E3/videos?view=1

Jaruru

thanks for the chart

I'll have computer + TV ... everything on and see which is more clear/smooth... just like the other years :D

better now that some comp provide their own channels online

Clipper

So far I think its...

Spike HD

MS
Nintendo
EA

G4TV HD

Sony
Ubisoft

Is that right?

Seems like Spike is doing all 5, according to Kotaku. (scratched as Kotaku was wrong) It seems like your listings might be correct after all.

Edit: But perhaps Kotaku is wrong as this Spike announcement, dated today, indicates they aren't live streaming during the Ubisoft and Sony conference times.

Clipper

Hoping that conferences are available for download later.
Waking up for a working day at 3AM is not something I'm willing to do anymore.

They always are. Given that the times are almost always bad in Australia (this is a REALLY good year for us), the recorded streams have come in very handy.

Clipper

Who is your cable provider? All of Spike's coverage is live coast-to-coast (meaning Nintendo is live at 9 AM Pacific / Noon Eastern).

Oh of course, I didn't notice the West Coast bit in his response. Clearly, those are the East Coast times, so I think that's his mistake. I've confirmed via Spike's own schedule already.

Edit: Incidentally, I also confirmed that Kotaku is wrong and Spike will not be showing all 5 conferences live.

lockload

I think ign are live streaming from the ign 360 app aswell http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/05/14/stream-e3-2012-from-igns-xbox-live-app not sure if this includes sony/nintendo press conferences though! But will also include live stream from the IGN E3 stage. You need gold for the app

Top Bottom