• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Announce LotR: Battle for Middle Earth II for 360

Ben Sones

ToxicAdam said:
Wow, EA is just churning out games. I personally am burned out on RTS games. I think its a dead genre ...

You may be burned out on it, but it's hardly a dead genre. In fact, it's easily the most creatively vibrant genre on the PC these days. There's a bunch of AAA RTS titles due to come out in 2006 (BfME2, Rise of Legends, Empire at War, Warhammer: Mark of Chaos, etc.), and not one of them looks much like any of the others. Lots of different developers trying lots of very different ideas = the opposite of "dead genre." It's going to be a great year for RTS fans.

I'm really curious to see how the War of the Ring campaign game works in Battle for Middle Earth 2. I like what I've seen so far in the beta. And yeah, the game is gorgeous.

Mr Gump

Banned
Mrbob said:
These are issues sequels usually fix. ;)
Well if you watched the making of videos that are on the net for the first one one of their goal s for the franchise to is to make the game easy to get into for people who have never played an rts but are lotr fans. Thus the game was too simple - not enough of everything in the game, and as such the game was ALL flash no substance.

While i hope EA will change their ideals with the sequel im not banking on it too much.

Top Bottom