• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Announces Tsumuji, Screenshots Inside

Linkup

sprsk said:
tsu what?

muji.jpg

I've seen clones before but this shit is just damn shameless.

Even games like Dead Space and Dante's Inferno at least changed the setting (Futuristic and Christian Mythology).

Meh sometimes clones can be good too. Maybe it will be more unique in terms of design?

ethelred

upandaway said:
Yeah, I don't see the problem with this. Between this, Okami and Neutopia, we've got nothing. I want some damn Zelda clones because god knows they're at least a tiny bit different than what Zelda became recently.

I see a bunch of dudes saying how much it sucks and all we know is "EA" "Zelda clone" and "DS". Geez people.

For starters, there are a lot more Zelda clones than just this game plus Okami and Neutopia. And there are a lot of great ones, too -- certainly better than this thing'll be.

As far as this game goes, sorry, but I think it's perfectly fair to expect it to completely suck based on the track record of EA's Japanese games. It's not because I or anyone else wants a new action-adventure game to suck. Actually, I wish I could love EA Japan because I think they've got a fantastic handle on the types of games that SHOULD be getting made on the DS by EA, and before they came along there wasn't anything except junky versions of Sims and the console sport and racing games. When EA Japan came along and started announcing stuff like "a new Sim City for the DS!" or (and this was even better, because the original was sooo good) "a revival of Populous!" it was like, holy shit, these guys get it.

... but the games were crap. Five games later, they've still not put out a good game. They've botched golden opportunities one after another. At a certain point you just have to stop giving a team any benefit of the doubt, and it'll take more than the words "Zelda clone" to piqué my interest.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
ethelred said:
... but the games were crap. Five games later, they've still not put out a good game. They've botched golden opportunities one after another. At a certain point you just have to stop giving a team any benefit of the doubt, and it'll take more than the words "Zelda clone" to piqué my interest.

I never did play Populous afterward, so I can't comment on that.

I did, however, play Sim City DS 1, Sim City DS 2, and Theme Park DS. My feeling is that all three games would have been fine, except interface issues held them back. In all three cases, it felt like EA Japan tried to cram ten pounds of shit into a five pound bag. I think the relative lack of precision of the stylus versus a PC mouse and the DS's terrible resolution contributed to this.

I'm keeping an eye on this project in spite of the developer's pedigree because I feel like the elements that made the developer's previous projects fail IMO won't be an issue here.

Looking at what's been presented for this game in a vacuum, I think it looks decent but not mindblowing, so my interest is mild.

Whatever, I'll take a generic Zelda clone as long as it's a total piece of shit. My only gripe is that the DS is getting all of these types of games when the Wii is far more in need. Hopefully this title will have a halfway decent overworld, unlike recent Zelda games.

Top Bottom