• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ea bans the whole account because of one word(stfu)

Spyxos

Gold Member

id2nilcxnb1c1.png

xTkWCmk.png

EDIT: It looks like it wasn't the first time.

qakFd8l.png

o3cTAiA.png

Last edited:

GudOlRub

thankfully the games using denuvo are mostly shit anyway, so they're shooting themselves in the foot with that one.
Still sucks that these companies can get away with this type of shit, a few years ago if they pulled a stunt like this I would've just pirated their games and told them to go fuck themselves, nowadays even that isn't an option, they can lock your whole account, take the games you bought away and you can't even give them the piracy middle finger...

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I don't care what the full story is - whatever behavior he exhibited online, you can't just take the stuff the guy paid for away. It doesn't work like that. Ban his account from playing online? Sure. But this crosses a line no matter the context.

Typical EA bullshit, but also a cautionary tale for relying on platform holders to not be shitty. That's why I insist on DRM-free, or at the very least, a platform that doesn't phone home.

T4keD0wN

This is why i never engage with in-game chat and stick to pings and yes/no/hello emotes at best. Just not worth the risk of getting reported by someone and then banned by some poorly written algorithm.

Online games are toxic, especially mobas, i assume people report each other for wild reasons all the time, i once had a person telling me that he reported me for not healing him enough, i imagine what stuff he told to the enemy team.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Looks bad, but I also don't know this guy's history. Not ready to jump to conclusions. If the user has shown a consistent history of harassment, then fair play by EA.

There is no way this is the full story.

You’d hope if there was more to it they would clearly state that this is due to an accumulation.

Instead it’s there in black and white: ‘STFU’ is against the ‘Positive Play Charter’.

Laughable.

Flutta

Banned
Lmao they basically stole his games and he can’t do shit about it 🤣🤣🤣

They don’t only own your games but also your speech. All of you who where bragging about going digital only you and these disgustingly greedy corpos deserve eachother. Enjoy getting run over 🙌

Last edited:

FeralEcho

Looks bad, but I also don't know this guy's history. Not ready to jump to conclusions. If the user has shown a consistent history of harassment, then fair play by EA.
How is it fair play....He paid for the stuff,he should be able to access it whenever he wants,They can ban him from using the service if there was trully foul play as its their platform but they can't take the stuff he paid for away like that regardless of what he says or does.He should take them to court.These greedy fuckers desrve to get fucked.

Spyxos

Gold Member
You’d hope if there was more to it they would clearly state that this is due to an accumulation.

Instead it’s there in black and white: ‘STFU’ is against the ‘Positive Play Charter’.

Laughable.

It looks like it wasn't the first time. But still, losing everything because of something like that is far too extreme.

N0GFViR.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom