• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EA-Conf] Crysis 3 Gameplay Trailer And Screens

Ryoku

Cevat Yerli is a unrepentant liar. Don't believe the "sandbox" talk until we see ALOT more about the game.

I don't see the true sandbox experience, but the environment definitely looks more open than those of Crysis 2. But the lack of freedom was there, too. Perhaps they chose a bad map to showcase open-world freedom.....

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Looks good. I haven't disliked a crytek game yet. So I'll probably pick it up, even though I'm not really expecting it to reach the heights of the original.
I don't see the true sandbox experience, but the environment definitely looks more open than those of Crysis 2. But the lack of freedom was there, too. Perhaps they chose a bad map to showcase open-world freedom.....
Since they bought back the forest environment, I'm expecting I'm a mix of crysis 1 and crysis 2 esque level design for the majority of the game. Although the levels similar to the former probably won't reach the size of the original crysis.

Cevat Yerli is a unrepentant liar. Don't believe the "sandbox" talk until we see ALOT more about the game.
I loved C2 and C1, honestly I don't care. In an idea world yeah I would like the maps to be as big and open as possible but I'll take what I can get when the actual combat is so fun (and the gfx are so excellent.)

kodt

Banned
Anyone else feel like there was just too much action and so many explosions and lighting effects that you couldn't even stop to enjoy the graphics? I feel like Crysis was at it best when you were crawling through the forest, spying an enemy encampment, determining a gameplan, and then executing it.

In Crysis 2 and 3 is looks like they want you to take the COD approach. Shit, just let me enjoy the awesome environments for a second and then play at my own pace.

inky

I don't really care about Crysis, but damn if this is not an engine that deserves more different kinds of games.

Nizz

Looks great. But i hope for a next gen port. This game deserves it.
Totally agree. I thought the game looked fantastic at the EA conference stage demo. The guy playing could do with jacking the sensitivity up on the controller though. I had to jack up the sensitivity on C1 and 2 to 95% to feel ok.

But watching that stage demo, I also remembered that I'll be playing this on console and that it will look/run nothing like it did at the show. :(

I'm hoping for a Crysis Trilogy set on next gen consoles.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
well only if you have like quad sli 680 etc even then it may be hard to achieve such IQ
You can get close in Crysis 2 if you mix downsampling with the built-in AA options. It looks fucking incredible.

Anyone else feel like there was just too much action and so many explosions and lighting effects that you couldn't even stop to enjoy the graphics? I feel like Crysis was at it best when you were crawling through the forest, spying an enemy encampment, determining a gameplan, and then executing it.

In Crysis 2 and 3 is looks like they want you to take the COD approach. Shit, just let me enjoy the awesome environments for a second and then play at my own pace.
I think they just wanted to make an exciting video. In C2 you could go as slow and methodical as you wanted to and there's no reason to think this will be any different.

gdt

Totally agree. I thought the game looked fantastic at the EA conference stage demo. The guy playing could do with jacking the sensitivity up on the controller though. I had to jack up the sensitivity on C1 and 2 to 95% to feel ok.

But watching that stage demo, I also remembered that I'll be playing this on console and that it will look/run nothing like it did at the show. :(

I'm hoping for a Crysis Trilogy set on next gen consoles.

Instead of waiting, why not just build a PC, right now?

Top Bottom