• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA FC 24 PS5 Bundle is £430 at Game in UK (free game Witcher 3, Forspoken, Saints Row etc too)

Poltz

Sony's EA FC Bundle is now live at game in the UK for £430 with a choice of free game on top. Road to 25m secured? Normal PS5 price is £480. Road to 25m?

t178mhA.png

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Even if they fall short they did everything they could IMO.
Yeah, their goal is such a lofty one that even if they only sell ~22 million, they would have still outsold their direct competitor by almost 3:1 -- which would be unprecedented if I'm not wrong.

There is nothing but a win-win situation for Sony here.

Poltz

Yeah, their goal is such a lofty one that even if they only sell ~22 million, they would have still outsold their direct competitor by almost 3:1 -- which would be unprecedented if I'm not wrong.

There is nothing but a win-win situation for Sony here.
Am I on copium to think the new model could be £350 digital £400 disc?

jm89

Funnily enough, some users at other forums claim this is desperation from Sony.

This week will be huge for the PS5.

Last edited:
If they want to reach the most price-sensitive mass market and sell more than 20 million consoles, they already have to set the price above €399, then threads are created about "what Xbox has to do to succeed" then move your ass like it does Sony, making packs like this Fifa one at a good price and promoting it, then you get to the store and see the PS5 Fifa pack with its thematic and cheaper box and then Xbox with the Fifa stuck with tape and more expensive, who will buy the people...

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
They should remove Forspoken from the bundle if they want people to buy that

"Desperation"... Some have consoles on sale for 300 dollars since the beginning of this gen and can't leave the 3rd place.

Clearly price isn't everything.

Am I on copium to think the new model could be £350 digital £400 disc?
The new model will be a unique price without the disc. If Sony pulls a 350€/$ then poor the other one that has a much worse console on sale for 300 dollars tbh.

Last edited:
"Desperation"... Some have consoles on sale for 300 dollars since the beginning of this gen and can't leave the 3rd place.

Clearly price isn't everything.
I think they are following their previous console strategies, especially the PS4, which got a permanent cut after 23 months, the PS5 is going into its 36 month after launch with their initial price point (higher in markets other than the US).

To me, it seems pretty normal.

They should remove Forspoken from the bundle if they want people to buy that

Forspoken is just an option alongside other games. Some users might be interested to bit on this game but don’t want to pay too much, or maybe nothing, so this bundle is good for them.

Poltz

I think they are following their previous console strategies, especially the PS4, which got a permanent cut after 23 months, the PS5 is going into its 36 month after launch with their initial price point (higher in markets other than the US).

To me, it seems pretty normal.

Forspoken is just an option alongside other games. Some users might be interested to bit on this game but don’t want to pay too much, or maybe nothing, so this bundle is good for them.
Genuine question, is the Switch Lite desperation?

Genuine question, is the Switch Lite desperation?
It’s normal, they just followed previous strategies, like the one they did with the DS and 3DS.

Sony is doing now their own strategy to achieve a specific goal (25m for their FY).

Last edited:

Well I guess technically any time a corporation gives consumers more value it's usually because they're at least a bit desperate for sales. Since they don't normally do it out of kindness.

Funny though that you never hear Gamepass referred to as "The most desperate deal in gaming".

Poltz

Well I guess technically any time a corporation gives consumers more value it's usually because they're at least a bit desperate for sales. Since they don't normally do it out of kindness.

Funny though that you never hear Gamepass referred to as "The most desperate deal in gaming".
Promotional offers and discounts are nothing new.

Top Bottom