• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Made Almost $1 Billion From Microtransactions Last Quarter

JOEVIAL

Has a voluptuous plastic labia
giphy.gif

*the microtransactions*

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Which is why I think they won't "learn" anything from Fallen Order.

While we are celebrating that a single player, no BS Star Wars game sold great. All EA shareholders will think about is how much more money they could have made if it had microtransactions
It's an easy cycle. Make a trash MP only game or two, have a few SP projects in the works then cancel them. Finally allow one to trickle through and actually let the devs do what they want and through sheer starvation of a quality gaming experience EA gets the bag from it.

Aidah

I once opened a free "surprise mechanic" in a game, still felt like an idiot and a lab rat even though I didn't pay anything.

MadAnon

People actually thought that microtransactions would be EA's undoing. :pie_roffles:

Mobile game industry hasn't taught you anything? Microtransactions make up by far the biggest revenue in gaming. PC gaming revenue is mostly built on mmo games and microtransactions. MOBAs, World of Tanks, Fartnite etc.

Last edited:

RickA238

Hate all you want, I’ve paid for player packs during good Ultimate Team promos in Madden. Helps keep your team competitive And enjoyable in the best modes of their online 1v1. The scheduled content releases for MUT keeps the game playable for a lot longer after release.

Top Bottom