• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Shutdowns The Fan-Made Plants Vs. Zombies 3 Game

Draugoth

Gold Member
fortnite-2.jpg

• The fan-made Plants vs. Zombies 3 game, What Could Have Been, has stopped development due to legal threats from EA.
  • The project was created to fix issues with the official Plants vs. Zombies 3 game, which faced development troubles.
  • EA did not issue a cease and desist, but let the fan project team know they could face legal consequences.

The fan-made, non-profit Plants vs. Zombies 3 game, What Could Have Been, has halted development indefinitely after EA allegedly warned the creators that it may face legal trouble if it continued with the project.

intbal

Random fact that nobody asked for:
Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare was one of the very few games on Xbox 360 that required installation to the hard drive to play.
I have no idea why.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Random fact that nobody asked for:
Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare was one of the very few games on Xbox 360 that required installation to the hard drive to play.
I have no idea why.

That game was a surprisingly fun AF multiplayer game. I bought it for me son for his birthday, but then ended up playing more than him (Fire Peashooter was the best class) The first sequel, GW2, was great as well but the third game, Battle for Neighbourvile didn't have the same magic.

It's a real fucking shame that the first game is online multiplayer only and can't be played offline with bots. If that was possible I'd buy it right now!

winjer

Gold Member
Remember when a bunch of modders started making a remake of Half Life 1. And Valve was like, sure, you can do it. And you can even sell it for a profit in our store.
And the gamers got Black Mesa, a very good remake of one of the best games ever. Because valve, unlike EA, is not run by a twat.

nial

Gold Member
That game was a surprisingly fun AF multiplayer game. I bought it for me son for his birthday, but then ended up playing more than him (Fire Peashooter was the best class) The first sequel, GW2, was great as well but the third game, Battle for Neighbourvile didn't have the same magic.

It's a real fucking shame that the first game is online multiplayer only and can't be played offline with bots. If that was possible I'd buy it right now!
Garden Warfare 2 is online-only as well, even for the SP missions, which is a damn shame.

Ozriel

M$FT
If you’re stupid enough to make a fan game, name it exactly like the franchise and even number it like an official sequel, you deserve to be shut down.

What were they thinking?

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Garden Warfare 2 is online-only as well, even for the SP missions, which is a damn shame.

That sucks. The SP missions were fun.

It's a real shame this happens with any multiplayer game. There should be a rule that all online multiplayer games come with offline modes that let you play every match type with bots. I think COD is the only exception as well.

Hero_Select

Oh yeah I remember getting it for dirt cheap on a whim and it is more fun than it has any right to be.

It also reminded me of Mass Effect 3s multiplayer and I fucking love ME3 multiplayer.

Goddamit EA

Top Bottom