• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA tries taking the piss out of single player games, gets roasted in epic tweet backfire

Bartski

Gold Member

On Thursday, the FIFA and Battlefield publisher put its own spin on a popular meme by posting: “They’re a 10 but they only like playing single-player games”.
The message, while likely intended as a light-hearted joke, received an overwhelming negative response in its more than 7,000 replies.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Fuck EA. All my homies hate EA.
slow motion no GIF by Manny404

Laptop1991

Doesn't surprise me and the reason i haven't played an EA game for over a decade, i don't want to waste my money on awful MTX in return for basically nowt! lol

Not really anything to get upset and get the pitchforks out for is it?

Shit joke. Didn't land how they thought it would, no point kicking off.

Exactly. Just social media guy doing social media stuff and the whole internet reacts as if Andrew Wilson himself is taking the piss out of single player games.

I guess people would react like that to anything EA related.

lukilladog

Man, I can´t believe these mofos finally got their hands on slightly mad and codemasters.

1533563805-Steven-Seagal-Under-Siege-salute.jpg.ef46370ef8f6588587589d7e9e2a0dcf.jpg

Last edited:

RespawnX

An opinion

Yeah but no. Whose boss? Social media accounts are often handled by low to mediocre social media managers. There wasn’t any boss but a 30.000 bucks/a year guy who did a poor job grabbing some attention. Abysmal communication work and even worse damage control. Some people there have clearly have absolute zero clue about communications, marketing and costumer relationship and the crisis communications department isn‘t any better. Standard situation where you damage control dumb employees quickly.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Sounds like they were just making a dumb joke. People on Twitter are giant assholes. The tweet doesn't even say that single player games are bad.

nikos

Is there anything people don't cry over on twitter? Boo hoo, my studio. Boo hoo, I like single player games. It's just a tweet, nobody gives a fuck.

Last edited:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Sounds like they were just making a dumb joke. People on Twitter are giant assholes. The tweet doesn't even say that single player games are bad.
Saying "they're a 10 BUT they only like playing singleplayer games" implies that only playing singleplayer is a negative
which implies singleplayer games are bad

Last edited:
Top Bottom