• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eating Pizza without dipping sauce? How do youse guys do it !!!

A.J.

Banned
I'm surprised people haven't heard of this since Pizza Hut occasionally has Dipping Strip pizza as a special.

if you have to dip your pizza in sauce then it's a shit pizza

but I like having marinara or honey mustard sauce to dip the crusts into

Kayhan

To be fair, 'Canadian bread-like disc' does seem like something that you might want to dunk in some garlic dipping sauce.

Actual pizza? Of course not, savages.

dh4niel

I'll dip the crusts in the sauce? Is that not what it's for? If it's a particularly good pizza though I'll just eat them anyway.

I agree OP. How on earth can you eat pizza without dipping it in one of these?

3-4.jpg

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I didn't even know that was a thing.
Same. WTF.

I don't remember if I've ever eaten at Pizza Pizza, but there are better pizza franchises in Canada than this crap, that's for sure. Might as well judge all American pizzas with Pizza Hut.

Sauce on the Pizza is a very common thing here in Sweden actually.

Kebab sauce and bearnaise sauce being the most popular by a mile.

Kebab pizza with the sauce
kebab-pizza.jpg

Steak pizza with bearnaise sauce
355710_78107496.jpg
....That looks absolutely fucking vile. You Swedes have no grounds to lecture OP on pizza dips (which are bad enough) when you smear that shite all over your "pizza".

That does look dry and terrible.

OP, get better pizza.
Still looks miles better than those monstrosities you posted, so... :p

Hey now. Montreal pizzas can be really good, and typically done in the NYC style so you know it's good. ;)

DavidDesu

Outraged hipster foodie GAF strikes again lol. If people want to add extra flavours let them. For crying out loud.

Love some garlic and herb AND Frank's hot sauce dribbled all over my pepperoni pizza. Great mixture, compliments everything.

Outraged hipster foodie GAF strikes again lol. If people want to add extra flavours let them. For crying out loud.

And if people want to throw away perfectly good food, that's perfectly normal?
Not throwing away pizza just because you don't have a dipping sauce for it is "outraged hipster foodie"?

HariKari

This is one of those hipster things people say, but I don't think anyone really believes this. The best part is the part with the cheese and tomato sauce and toppings.

Ever had a good brick oven pizza? The crust imparts a ton of flavor. Never understood people that leave a pile of crusts on their plate.

Flo_Evans

I was going to clown on the op but then I realized I’m sitting here eating a hot pocket and wish I had something to dip it in.

Faiz

And if people want to throw away perfectly good food, that's perfectly normal?
Not throwing away pizza just because you don't have a dipping sauce for it is "outraged hipster foodie"?

That represents a small fraction of the pushback in this thread.

Hektor

Love some garlic and herb AND Frank's hot sauce dribbled all over my pepperoni pizza. Great mixture, compliments everything.

How can people that eat pizza without dip be hipsters if that is what the majority of the world is doing

Future

I’ve never seen anyone use a dipping sauce

I’ve never seen a pizza place give sauce as an option

Have I not lived?

Necron

Pizza with dip? What the...

I'm going to tell this to my Italian co-worker tomorrow. He'll probably just shake his head in disgust and especially at you, OP.

jstripes

Banned
Pizza with dip? What the...

I'm going to tell this to my Italian co-worker tomorrow. He'll probably just shake his head in disgust and especially at you, OP.

What do Italians know about pizza. They probably don't even have stuffed crust.

I had a feeling that this would be about Pizza Pizza. I like eating a bit of sauce with the crust but most seem to love dipping the whole thing for some reason, I don't know why.

Top Bottom