• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EB Games AU lists retail Sonic Mania for Switch

Oh my god, can it be true?!

T8SMKuo.jpg

https://ebgames.com.au/nintendo-switch-225645-Sonic-Mania-Placeholder-Price-Switch

Only a Switch listing came up when searching "Sonic Mania" in the search bar.

HUGE thanks to Yagharak in the main Sonic Mania thread for the heads up!

And just after I made my own box too! o_O

http://goldmetalsonic.deviantart.com/art/Sonic-Mania-Nintendo-Switch-Boxart-657949420

AniHawk

it might be a mistake. if it isn't and australia is the only one to get it, then thank god for region free systems.

i go with physical games when i can. this, mario kart, street fighter ii, super bomberman r, and zelda would be a nice early lineup for the switch.

EB Games AU puts up preorders for everything. You could preorder the NX as soon as it was 'announced'.

They also put up Project Setsuna for PS4 and XBO as soon as that was announced and we know how that ended up.

Switch might be the only console that's getting a physical release since the collectors edition on the other consoles comes with a digital code. Anyway if that's the case Ill be getting a Switch version.

it might be a mistake. if it isn't and australia is the only one to get it, then thank god for region free systems.

i go with physical games when i can. this, super bomberman r, and zelda would be a nice early lineup for the switch.

I would think a legit retail release could still be announced in a bit. I believe EU and AUS aren't getting the collector's edition, but I don't know, this funny enough follows the supposed German GameStop listing of an unspecified Sonic game for Switch just prior to the event which gave evidence of the Switch version existing in the first place.

Edit: My mistake, the CE is coming to EU I think.

EB Games AU puts up preorders for everything. You could preorder the NX as soon as it was 'announced'.

They also put up Project Setsuna for PS4 and XBO as soon as that was announced and we know how that ended up.
Yeah, this in true. You've been able to preorder Red Dead Redemption 2 since the teaser trailer

I would love for this to be real, though

Vinnk

If this has a physical release in the US, I'm in.

Then again since we are now region free, I might be in even if it doesn't get a US release.

Yagharek

This is true but the cases where they list something and it doesnt exist/release are very very rare. The fact this was listed a few days after the reveal on the 13th makes me wonder if they found out something recently. This is pure speculation though so, I might well be wrong.

Fularu

Banned
If the switch is getting a physical release then maybe the CE has a physical copy too? That would be great.

Zalman

If the switch is getting a physical release then maybe the CE has a physical copy too? That would be great.
I really think they made a big mistake announcing that without a physical game. They backed themselves into a corner. Could be too late to add more to it, but who knows.

Either way I fully think this game would do better as a physical release.

TreIII

I was already prepped to buy this game on Switch instead of PS4. Retail would just make sure that my path is set.

Neoxon

I really think they made a big mistake announcing that without a physical game. They backed themselves into a corner. Could be too late to add more to it, but who knows.

Either way I fully think this game would do better as a physical release.
The physical release could be Switch-specific.

Either way, I'd pay good money for a physical Switch version, so I hope this is real.

Top Bottom