• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Edgar Wright (Hot Fuzz, Shaun, Scott Pilgrim) Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walpurgis

Banned
I tried watching Hot Fuzz a few months ago but fell asleep halfway through. I've been meaning to finish it but I found it really disappointing. When I first started it up, I was looking forward to a super funny movie since I've seen it praised here a lot. Instead, I got a movie with some clever dialogue/jokes and some occasionally funny moments but nothing worth the praise.

I want to like it but I feel like I'm missing something.

Experien

The OP leaving out The World's End is just unacceptable, especially if you have Hot Fuzz.

I tried watching Hot Fuzz a few months ago but fell asleep halfway through. I've been meaning to finish it but I found it really disappointing. When I first started it up, I was looking forward to a super funny movie since I've seen it praised here a lot. Instead, I got a movie with some clever dialogue/jokes and some occasionally funny moments but nothing worth the praise.

I want to like it but I feel like I'm missing something.

It isn't that good. Never understood the buzz. I have it because of the trilogy but not half as good as The World's End.

CTLance

This is some advanced thread necromancy. However, I approve.

An Edgar Wright appreciation thread has to be longer than two pages. Like, by a lot.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Wow this is old.

I was about to post about how the list is missing World's End until I noticed the date.

Also, Hot Fuzz is still better than World's End. Experien is unacceptable. 😛

Respect

GOAT

tumblr_l8i6h3DZFl1qawyg1.gif

Walpurgis

Banned
It isn't that good. Never understood the buzz. I have it because of the trilogy but not half as good as The World's End.

I did enjoy Scott Pilgrim so maybe it is just Hot Fuzz. I'll just move on and try The World's End and the other ones. If I like those I might give Hot Fuzz another shot.

OnPoint

Never understood the Hot Fuzz love either. Wasn't really my bag. Shaun and Pilgrim are among my favorites ever. So I should probably see his other stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom