• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Edge 199

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
OldJadedGamer said:
Oh, I thought the person who answered would actually know the answer...
ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer

edit: that come off a bit harsh, I'm being facetious. <3

Ploid 3.0

DrBo42 said:
Did you not see the IGN review thread? :lol

Yea, but I forgot what was all the hooplah in that thread. Now people have a demo to play, and two KZ threads to talk in. They should have a good idea of how the game plays if they wasn't in the beta by now. The beta people would probably want the score up for a stupid metacritic. They already know they want the game. KZ2 don't seem to have many bad scores to go crazy over due to a metacritic, so I'm thinking this won't make them react much.

Well that's what I hope, as it's only a 7. Maybe Eurogamer couldn't wrap their heads around the controls, and didn't count MP since the game isn't released yet.

Edit:
Oh, they mentioned MP.

Zeliard

I want to read both reasonings behind the FEAR 2 and Killzone 2 scores. I know different journalists score games differently, but I still want to know the reasoning behind FEAR 2 getting an 8 and Killzone 2 getting a 7. KZ2 is the game FEAR 2 should've been. You can tell that just by playing both demos and being familiar with FEAR 1, the latter of which is one of my favorite shooters ever.

Pugg

Banned
so its official.
Halo 3 > Killzone 2:lol
DOS > PS3:lol

call me a fanboy all you want, because if you do then; You = Hypocrite:D

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Pugg said:
so its official.
Halo 3 > Killzone 2:lol
DOS > PS3:lol

call me a fanboy all you want, because if you do then; You = Hypocrite:D
later.

megateto

And more:

I've read it twice and I can't find your favourite word 'average' anywhere.

It gets a lot of praise, but loses out because the 'cutting edge AI' and the 'tight controls' are in a game with Cole Train-style blaring hollow-skulls and, a crappy story and destroy the tank/rocket/gun FPS mission cliches.

"The attention to minute detail is unlike anything you've seen before. You'll almost certainly play it twice, if only to test the AI and take another look.

Well, I'm done with the inter-forum info transfer :lol

GCX

Ploid 3.0 said:
KZ2 don't seem to have many bad scores to go crazy over due to a metacritic, so I'm thinking this won't make them react much.
This is not how GAF works.

Case in point: GameSpot 8.8 review for Zelda: Twilight Princess.

Yagharek

I can only imagine the reactions to this thread. All I really care about myself is that Lets Tap, HoTD and KZ2 all got good reviews. Anyone crying over 7 obviously already knows what they think of the game themselves. Leave it at that.

Shearie

Pugg said:
lol you think I care about getting banned from Sonygaf? piss poor forum to be fair.

But you're my favorite poster! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Puck said:
Yeah. He's always right.
Remember how FUCKING AWESOME QOS was?

I never said he was always right, who is ?

Anyway I was teasing, but if I'm being truthful I did enjoy the PC demo of Fear 2 more than the KZ2 demo, I'm not saying it's a better game, just that I enjoyed it more.

Rez>You said:
ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer

edit: that come off a bit harsh, I'm being facetious. <3

How is it a stupid question? I'm confused. I love the game, it's one of my favorite platformers... saw the score and said "hey, I wonder what the PSX version rated at the mag" then I made the post.

I'm confused, are people reading something into my question more then what's there?

Ploid 3.0

Pugg said:
lol you think I care about getting banned from Sonygaf? piss poor forum to be fair.

Well at least someone may be a contender of being banned in this thread. If you wish it, it may come.

billy.sea

Banned
Admittedly, many of the PS3 exclusive would not have made much noise were they NOT exclusive. Killzone 2 would just be another Far Cry or Crysis if it was multiplatform, so as Resistance.

DoomGyver

Edge said:
Killzone 2 - 7

7y4zud2.gif

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
OldJadedGamer said:
How is it a stupid question? I'm confused. I love the game, it's one of my favorite platformers... saw the score and said "hey, I wonder what the PSX version rated at the mag" then I made the post.

I'm confused, are people reading something into my question more then what's there?
that post was just a off hand remark, it was dumb, don't over think it. ;)

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Pugg said:
make no odds to me really, just like winding up certain fanboys and their inferior system.

I think sony super fans are mostly retarded too, it seems with you the retardation has once again, retarded.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
oh shit, there are no mods online.

this could actually be fun to watch.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
WOW at this thread :lol

Anyone remember what Edge gave fl0w?

The kz2 review excerpts read better than the score suggests, but maybe it really is one of those "7 is 7, not 5" reviews.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
gofreak said:
WOW at this thread :lol

Anyone remember what Edge gave fl0w?

The kz2 review excerpts read better than the score suggests, but maybe it really is one of those "7 is 7, not 5" reviews.
Yeah I agree, they made some really positive comments in the text of the review.

Firestorm

I think Garnett said it could have been the best shooter of last year. Killzone 2 is this year so it did not apply. Don't think he's really played KZ2 come to think of it. I don't remember him commenting on it much.
Rez>You said:
oh shit, there are no mods online.

this could actually be fun to watch.
But it's been half an hour and no posts. Goddammit are you people sleeping or something? KILLZONE 2 GOT A 7. WAKE THE FUCK UP!

There are like two pages of build-up already >=(

megateto

gofreak said:

That's always the case with Edge. Well, most of the times.

Firestorm

Verve said:
My bad. Tired eyes. Or I can save myself and say Let's Tap is a non-game.
Let's go with the second for now just to add to the atmosphere and because I've decided to stay bitter at Naka until Sonic recovers from the damage.

Danielsan

Firestorm said:
I think Garnett said it could have been the best shooter of last year. Killzone 2 is this year so it did not apply. Don't think he's really played KZ2 come to think of it. I don't remember him commenting on it much.
That's because Garnett doesn't actually play games. He watches other people play games and then acts like he knows everything about them, just like Shane. :lol

Woo-Fu

Banned
KZ2 gets a 7 and Fear gets an 8?

I thought Edge was an informative magazine about videogames, not satire.

Last time I heard something this crazy involved playing records backwards to listen to satanic messages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom