• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Edge #303 - Nintendo Switch

Zero83

I remember the first Edge i bought; the Nintendo 64 issue (it may actually have been their issue #64 as well). Edit: it wasn't.

Sadly, I have not bought any gaming magazines since the year 2000 or something.

My bad.

Wouldn't it be in the order the consumer purchases them in? Like if I bought a Switch and then a PS4 vs. a PS4 and then a Switch.

True, but I thought the assumption was that if a consumer were viewing the Switch as a complementary system to an already owned PS4 then the price is out of whack. PS4 owners considering buying Switch will surely be massively disproportionate to the opposite.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Secondary consoles should be priced accordingly, not higher than the console they are supplementing.
This sexy device will be bought during its first year by Nintendo enthusiasts and gamers who can afford it, sure. People like me don't see it as secondary though, I'm getting more Switch games in the next few months than PC games.

But you're right. Nintendo never gave Wii U a chance, not regularly dropping the price. Let's hope it will change this time. I believe they could create a SKU without the dock/grip next year, when Pokemon or Animal Crossing launch. A more affordable Switch would do wonders.

KrawlMan

Secondary consoles should be priced accordingly, not higher than the console they are supplementing.

Complementary doesn't mean secondary, nor does it mean inferior or lesser. And in the context of gaming hardware, it implies they can coexist without much redundancy. It implies nothing of costs.

Top Bottom