• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Edge #356 review scores

Bullet Club

BnXMu80.jpg

Cover: Back 4 Blood

Hype:

Resident Evil Village
Open Roads
We Are OFK
Wicca
Balan Wonderworld
Acolyte

Roundup: ME: Legendary Edition, Coffee Noir, Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion, Windjammers 2, The Plane Effect

Play:

Hitman 3 - 9
The Medium - 5
Little Nightmares 2 - 7
Persona 5 Strikers - 6
Gods Will Fall - 8
Tohu - 6
Olija - 8
Nuts - 7
Conspiracy! - 7

The Making Of: Paradise Killer
Time Extend: A Plague Tale Innocence

Source: rllmuk

graywolf323

really surprised at the score for Gods Will Fall, I haven't heard good things about it and it only has a 67 on OpenCritic

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Why does anyone care about Edge’s reviews? They are no better than the rest of gaming “journalists” efforts. Better to stick to content creators who have played the game extensively. Watch non spoiler play throughs and see the general gaming communities thoughts on it and come up with your own opinion instead of using these folks as gospel.

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
Why does anyone care about Edge’s reviews? They are no better than the rest of gaming “journalists” efforts. Better to stick to content creators who have played the game extensively. Watch non spoiler play throughs and see the general gaming communities thoughts on it and come up with your own opinion instead of using these folks as gospel.
Content creators?

'Yo WASSUP it's ya boi SNIPER KILLA comin' atcha with another REVIEW video, but before we get started, don't forget to LIKE and COMMENT, and SMASH that subscribe button if ya wanna see more from me, I DO have a Patreon which you can find down below in the description, every little bit helps, so if ya wanna support the channel...'

Nah. I prefer my reviews minus the side order of shameless, dignity-free e-begging.

Edgy (lol), British so there's the smug air of superiority, underscores popular games (unless it's Nintendo) and some cover stories that are Game Informer tier IE shill pieces.

xrnzaaas

Pretty generous for Hitman 3.
It's a very very good game. Yes some consider it "only" a map pack, but the devs added more new gameplay features than in Hitman 2. Shortcuts are a groundbreaking change in terms of repeating levels, the camera is useful in almost every mission (even if it is a little gimmicky) and the levels themselves sometimes have cool unique objectives (like being able to pick your targets or to engage in a proper private eye investigation).

bender

What time is it?
It's a very very good game. Yes some consider it "only" a map pack, but the devs added more new gameplay features than in Hitman 2. Shortcuts are a groundbreaking change in terms of repeating levels, the camera is useful in almost every mission (even if it is a little gimmicky) and the levels themselves sometimes have cool unique objectives (like being able to pick your targets or to engage in a proper private eye investigation).

I just finished. It's the worst of the trilogy. The Knives Out level was cool thogh.

Aldynes

I revisited every EDGE up to 1998 recently, a trip to memory lane and i adored it, of course you will find some bullshit like the review of DOOM (7/10 shame you can't talk to the monsters...) but it was a very serious magazine that care deeply about the medium, the articles, infos, interviews are still the best documented articles we've got from that period in gaming history, to follow the progression of the gaming landscape months after months with such details is GOLD for retro gamers and nostalgia, EDGE is that for me, a time capsule, but for recent publications i don't care anymore, it's like Famitsu in a way, there were the de facto reference for their time, nowadays though...

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I revisited every EDGE up to 1998 recently, a trip to memory lane and i adored it, of course you will find some bullshit like the review of DOOM (7/10 shame you can't talk to the monsters...) but it was a very serious magazine that care deeply about the medium, the articles, infos, interviews are still the best documented articles we've got from that period in gaming history, to follow the progression of the gaming landscape months after months with such details is GOLD for retro gamers and nostalgia, EDGE is that for me, a time capsule, but for recent publications i don't care anymore, it's like Famitsu in a way, there were the de facto reference for their time, nowadays though...

Exactly. They are a neat time capsule back to when gaming journalism was done by folks who genuinely cared/loved the industry (for the most part), but nowadays they are just full of shameless failed english majors who couldn't hack it in real journalism. They are slacktivists and triggered children who get offended by leafs on a Nintendo character's head. I still love reading those old school gaming mags from the 80s to the turn of the millenium, but ever since the mid-to-late 00's, shit has gone downhill. Since 2012-14 it has become unreadable.

The folks that cared became indie, moved to twitch, youtube, or just bowed out since the "clique" has created a monopoly on accepted opinions. Hence why I stated what I stated. Why read some trash from someone like Jason "liking big boobs means you are a pedophile" Schreier or Heather "SPIDER COP IS EVIL!" Alexander over someone like Karak or Colin Moriarty?

Content creators?

'Yo WASSUP it's ya boi SNIPER KILLA comin' atcha with another REVIEW video, but before we get started, don't forget to LIKE and COMMENT, and SMASH that subscribe button if ya wanna see more from me, I DO have a Patreon which you can find down below in the description, every little bit helps, so if ya wanna support the channel...'

Nah. I prefer my reviews minus the side order of shameless, dignity-free e-begging.

Like I said, content creators who have actually played those games extensively - the kind of folk you are referencing are not that. Those e-begging shills are the video-focused equivalent of modern gaming journalism. People who lack any self respect or intelligence.

Last edited:

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Content creators?

Just need to throw in the however long commercial for square space or monthly box of bullshit thing and it’s perfect

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
I noticed that Jen Simpkins left the editor role last month and has moved to Media Molecule.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Game Informer gave it a 6.75, was surprised to see that when my issue arrived the other day. I don't have any way of playing it myself but would like to someday.
The Medium is a good game, but it really doesn't do anything particularly spectacular. It has its moments though and is a game I highly suggest folks interested in horror themed titles try out if they have a PC or Xbox.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Medium

giphy.gif

good on that warriors sheit absolute waste of a genre that is

Last edited:
Top Bottom