• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EGM asks about PS3 price drop possibility

Ponn

Banned
sinseers said:
What's so incoherent about my post?

Because I can't understand what you are trying to say. And it has nothing with spelling.

You're right. The console of the 3 that you mentioned that I own is a XBox and nope I didn't get it at launch. $250 is as high as I go for a game system that I'm going to KEEP mind you. But since you are so forthcoming with your dollas...get at me when the PS3 launches....I'll have one for ya. And I'm sellin mine WITH THE RECIEPT so when that shish breaks down on you in about 2 weeks, you can at least have somethin to fall back on. Don't say I never did nuthin for ya man.

Forthcoming with my dollas? Get at you when the ps3 launches? You'll have one for me? Are you trying to say you're going to buy one even though you supposedly didn't have the money to begin with? And why would I buy from you? If you are buying one to sell you are obviously going to mark it up. I'm preordering mine like normal people.

Ponn

Banned
BenjaminBirdie said:
If you plan on calling people out, double checking your own work is always a good idea.

Jesus Benjamin, you are attention whoring like crazy in this thread:lol

There, I replied to you. Happy now?

Ponn01 said:
Jesus Benjamin, you are attention whoring like crazy in this thread:lol

There, I replied to you. Happy now?

uatu.jpg

"I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. BUT THERE'S SOMETHING I NEED TO TELL YOU ABOUT TRANSFORMERS."

But, no, seriously. You were the one calling out his English skills. What was I supposed to do? Let it go?????

Ponn

Banned
BenjaminBirdie said:
http://uatu.blogger.com.br/uatu.jpg[/]
"I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. BUT THERE'S SOMETHING I NEED TO TELL YOU ABOUT TRANSFORMERS."

But, no, seriously. You were the one calling out his English skills. What was I supposed to do? Let it go?????[/QUOTE]

No, you were well within your legal rights to correct me. It was upsetting though that I did not get a Watcher pic to go with it. Now that I have got one of my own though the world is set right once again.

Ponn01 said:
No, you were well within your legal rights to correct me. It was upsetting though that I did not get a Watcher pic to go with it. Now that I have got one of my own though the world is set right once again.

uatu.jpg

"I LIVE TO GIVE. AND ALSO TO OBSERVE THE COMING MONSTROSITY OF HUMAN CHAOS."

Archie said:
that picture is annoying

There's nothing annoying about how batshit insane the shortage/eBay situation is going to be, nor how important it is that there be someone there to observe it. From the moon.

jjasper

This thread makes me want to stab my eyes out.

Why would you ask Sony if they are going to drop the price. That is a waste of a question. Do people honestly think they are going to come out and say "Yeah by next E3 we expect the price to be about even with the 360." No one would by the thing.

PS. the price is a deal.

jxanthony

sugarhigh4242 said:
Sony is desperately trying to keep PS2 alive while pushing PS3.

That's probably the contrast they are hoping to draw with parents come holiday time; the profit they must be making on PS2s must be enough to justify why games like GOW2 will come out into the PS3's lifetime.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Interviewer : So is there going to be a PS3 price drop?
Kaz : yes, probably within the first 4-6 months, the machine really isn't worth $499-$599 and it's probably best that people wait for the first price cut seen as it's so quick
*phone rings*... Mr Stringer... whats that? .... off the nearest cliff ? ...

what he should say :

Kaz : are you kidding? we are putting the price UP bitches!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
DCharlie said:
Kaz : yes, probably within the first 4-6 months, the machine really isn't worth $499-$599 and it's probably best that people wait for the first price cut seen as it's so quick
*phone rings*... Mr Stringer... whats that? .... off the nearest cliff ? ...

what he should say :

Kaz : are you kidding? we are putting the price UP bitches!

Bingo.

Kaz: Listen, bitches, the price is going UP after one day. SO BUY BUY BUY.

Mau ®

Of course they'll drop the price but don't expect the drop until XMAS 2007.

They'll probably drop the price of the premium to 499 and release a TiVo enabled PS3 with like 250 GB HDD and other bells and whistles.

It doesn't matter to me. PS3 at launch!!!!

sinseers

Ponn01 said:
Because I can't understand what you are trying to say. And it has nothing with spelling.

Forthcoming with my dollas? Get at you when the ps3 launches? You'll have one for me? Are you trying to say you're going to buy one even though you supposedly didn't have the money to begin with? And why would I buy from you? If you are buying one to sell you are obviously going to mark it up. I'm preordering mine like normal people.

No no no....you might have missed my previous post. Remember I said $250.00 is as high as I go for a system that I intend to KEEP. I aint KEEPING my PS3 when I get it. The first thing I'm a do is sell my joint to the highest bidder. It's strictly an investment. One that will most likely make me 3x as much cake as I'm going to pay for it. So like I said before.....since you're so forthcoming with your dollas, get at when the PS3 launches. This goes for everybody in thread.

Ponn

Banned
sinseers said:
No no no....you might have missed my previous post. Remember I said $250.00 is as high as I go for a system that I intend to KEEP. I aint KEEPING my PS3 when I get it. The first thing I'm a do is sell my joint to the highest bidder. It's strictly an investment. One that will most likely make me 3x as much cake as I'm going to pay for it. So like I said before.....since you're so forthcoming with your dollas, get at when the PS3 launches. This goes for everybody in thread.

Then you have the money to buy one, you just don't care for the system enough to want to own it. Since you already admitted earlier in the thread you did not buy a PS2 but only had a Xbox that is not that surprising really.

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
IMO, PS3 is a good value......problem is, PS3 is too expensive for alot of gamers out there, good value or not..

No matter how much you want a PS3, if the money isn't there, the money isn't there...

qirex

sinseers said:
It made me happy when people like you got hosed by the PSP launch. Some guy who used to post on SA bought 10 of them and was bragging about how much money he was going to make. A little later he was whining after they came out that he was probably going to lose money after eBay fees. It brought a warm glow to my heart. :)

One could argue that your time and resources would be better spent figuring out a way to make more money all the time and not just when there's console launches but I'm not going to be the one to tell you how to live your life.

sinseers

Ponn01 said:
Then you have the money to buy one, you just don't care for the system enough to want to own it. .

I dont care enough for the system to own it right now AND I don't have $500-600 to blow on a gaming sytem without some sort of profit to gain from it. Now maybe you do, I dont know, but not this cat. And as for owning an Xbox, I mainly ended getting one cuz Panzer Dragoon ended up on there. I vowed that whoever was going to end up getting the next Panzer Dragoon was going to get my money at the time. It very well could have been the PS2, but it turned out otherwise. For this gen I say this, whoever get the next Skies of Arcadia on their system will get my money. Even it is the PS3, but I would have to wait for that magic $250- under pricepoint before jumping in the pool.

sinseers

qirex said:
It made me happy when people like you got hosed by the PSP launch. Some guy who used to post on SA bought 10 of them and was bragging about how much money he was going to make. A little later he was whining after they came out that he was probably going to lose money after eBay fees. It brought a warm glow to my heart. :)

One could argue that your time and resources would be better spent figuring out a way to make more money all the time and not just when there's console launches but I'm not going to be the one to tell you how to live your life.

People like me? Well first off, I'm not dumb enough to try somethin like buy 10 PS3s and hope to sell them all. One is good enough for me and one is all that I'm gettin. Hell like I said earlier I'm even going to sell it WITH THE SALES RECIEPT so when it breaks on whoever buys it (and it will break if Sony's track record is consistent) can return it to the nearest EB/Gamestop.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
sinseers said:
People like me? Well first off, I'm not dumb enough to try somethin like buy 10 PS3s and hope to sell them all. One is good enough for me and one is all that I'm gettin. Hell like I said earlier I'm even going to sell it WITH THE SALES RECIEPT so when it breaks on whoever buys it (and it will break if Sony's track record is consistent) can return it to the nearest EB/Gamestop.

That's true all launch system for the PSOne and PS2 have broke... Sony iz doomed!

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Hirai's argument is pretty poor. He's saying people will compare the PS3's price to the PS2, just as the PS2's price was compared to the PSOne, but the problem is that people will be comparing the PS3 to the Xbox 360, with much similar looking games, but still a much more affordable console in terms of the 360.

Mau ®

Well I want to believe the PS3 won't die on me less than 6 months after launch.

The PS2 was rushed though, just like the 360. The bugs weren't worked out, hardware was not quite there, etc,etc.

PS3 is not rushed hardware. The Cell chips are already in full production with shortages, I don't think the Nvidia card will be difficult to mass produce and the other parts seem quite finalized. Blu Ray is the only thing keeping the PS3 back (in terms of production, not potential) besides I think the PSP was a much better, quality effort for a gaming machine, it wasn't plagued with much issues (other than the O button and dead pixels, which are "normal" anyway)

Even so, word has it that Sony already finalized its Blu-Ray players but wants to launch the PS3 as the premier Blu-Ray player.

Top Bottom