• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EGX Rezzed 2015

ibhrTirMKZUd6r.png

iPRBbLAupBCvN.jpg

Get the EGX app, very useful (search "EGX" on Play Store/iTunes): https://guidebook.com/app/EGX/

http://www.egx.net/rezzed (buy tickets and all other stuff from here)
FAQ: http://www.egx.net/rezzed/faq

What:
EGX Rezzed is a video games event brought to you by the team behind EGX (formerly Eurogamer Expo). Although it's a smaller event than its older brother, it still features many of the attractions that you love about our previous events; playable pre-release games on both PC and console (with a greater focus on indie titles), developer sessions by well known game designers and the opportunity to chat with developers on the show floor.

When:
12-14 March 2015
- Thursday 12th March, 11am-6pm. Thursday is a preview day with fewer tickets available than Friday and Saturday allowing easier access to the games and less queuing. Please note, there are no developer sessions planned for Thursday.
- Friday 13th March. 11am-6pm.
- Saturday 14th March. 11am-6pm.

Where:
Tobacco Dock, London

How to get here: http://www.egx.net/rezzed/location
idLwfFm1LzafW.png

iJJtto7ZTaPl0.png

Show Floor

The Games
Indie Room (48)
Leftfield Collection (24)
ID@Xbox (22)
BAFTA (15)
Tabletop games (15)
Indie Chillout Zone (10)
Playstation (9)
Rising Star (7)
Versus Evil (5) & EGX Merch
Green Man Gaming & Roto (4)

Leftfield Collection:

Developer Sessions
Friday and Saturday
Livestreamed on Twitch, available later on Youtube.

Here is the list of games that are on my radar to play. Obviously I won't be able to play them all:

(Team 17) Beyond Eyes.
(Versus Evil) Armikrog, Toren.
(Playstation) Bloodborne, N++.
(Xbox) 101 Ways To Die, Bedlam, Raging Justice, SWORDY, The Flame In The Flood, The Swindle.
(Indie Chillout Zone) Big Pharma, Heat Signature, Induction, The Room Three, Volume, War for the Overworld.
(Devolver) A Fistful of Gun, Enter the Gungeon, Magnetic: Cage Closed, Noct, Not A Hero, Ragnarok, Ronin, Titan Souls.
(Indie Room) Blues & Bullets, Crystal Rift, Dex, Eden Star, Flame Over, Knee Deep, Life Is Strange Episode 2, Mushroom 11, Radial G, Sublevel Zero, Superglad, Zombie Vikings.
(Leftfield Collection) Aerobat, Aviary Attorney, Between Me and the Night, CAVE! CAVE! DEUS VIDET, DEEP, Fossil Echo, HER STORY, Line Wobbler, Planet of the Eyes, The Last Night.

Too many games that interests me!

DJIzana

Think the only titles I'm interested in hearing about are Titan Souls and Playtonic's new title. Can't say much else interests me, really.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
My eyes will be glued to the Torment talk. Narrative design discussion is the best kind of discussion.

Oh I forgot, if you've got it, use hand sanitizer. And deodorant. I'm going to bring my roll-on.

I'm glad I got a 3 day pass, but man am I going to a wreck afterwards! Consider these convention visits like a nontraditional holiday. On Sunday, me and the family are heading out to Italy for a more traditional holiday.

Imma go to sleep now.
If you go, please say Hi to the guy that is presenting Blues And Bullets :)
Will do!

K, I'm on the train. Probably won't be posting while I'm there cause of likely bad Internet and battery. Will try to do a roundup of impressions here afterwards like 8pm when I'm back home.

So most of my impressions will be on my twitter: @messofanego

Man, I kinda want to go, but only so someone can teach me how to play the XCOM board game, and see if Logitech G910 is on sale anywhere haha.

I'm not going; I'm gutted that I didn't get a Saturday ticket to see the Playtonic session, but since that would be all I'd really get out of it, I suppose it's for the best. Every time I go to Eurogamer, I just wander around and look at stuff. I'll be fucked if I'm standing in line for 30+ minutes to play 2 minutes of a game.

Mdk7

Go play Titan Souls if you can.
I had A BLAST with that at Gamescom, the game is seriously super, super awesome.
Plus the dev team is made of fun, easy going people, you will surely have lots of fun.

Moobabe

Wish I had known about this sooner - I missed Game City in Nottingham as well :(

Ironically I'll be in Nottingham while this is on.

I need to move to London.

Going Friday. My 1st indie event as I usually go to the bigger EGX with all the AAA games.

Will have to tune into bafta's this evening

Volotaire

I'm not going; I'm gutted that I didn't get a Saturday ticket to see the Playtonic session, but since that would be all I'd really get out of it, I suppose it's for the best. Every time I go to Eurogamer, I just wander around and look at stuff. I'll be fucked if I'm standing in line for 30+ minutes to play 2 minutes of a game.

It's why I go for the smaller indie titles and explore what's going on there. There's so much variety and little/no waiting time that you can get through a lot of titles.

Day 1 impressions

Knee Deep
Definite comparisons with Kentucky Route Zero, which the developers said they were influenced by. American swamp noir set in modern times so there's mentions of social media (twitter on the highway) and a clear Scientology reference (the We-ists that measure Opa levels). The dialogue is pretty funny. The levels are very theatrically staged like a diorama. You'll go into a building and the roof of it comes off like a cardboard box to reveal the inside. You're moving from set to set. There is no direct character control, so it's on-rails and all your input is the face buttons which are the dialogue choices. The vignetting of different characters and seeing the immediate consequences of your choices from one scene to the next makes it stand out along with being satisfying. There was one person protesting about native american rights and I signed his petition but that backfired a bit later on. Like with Virginia and KRZ, I'm glad to see American set adventure games.

Superglad
Supercute. Has the perspective of a 2.5D brawler, but is an adventure puzzler. You're a little girl with a bear companion moving right to left. A squirrel takes something from you (I forget) but it hits a wall and becomes sad. I didn't console it, no matter how many times its eyes were begging for pity. I didn't go much further cause I got stuck on geometry where I was trying to pour some liquid in singing plants (the bear got annoyed by their sequence and would slap the last one). I'd definitely like to see more.

Mushroom 11
Hella intuitive physics puzzler with a post-apoc background. You only move a mouse around, so like a photo editing software, you erase some parts of your blob which will then reform in the one area you want it to. If you want to push the blob forward, you use the mouse as an eraser on the back right, and keep going up and down so it moves to the left. Sometimes the floor is falling into lava, so you got to move quicker which is where the intensity comes. You can be super specific with your blob, cutting it into various sections that can move independently so like one blob is on a switch while the other keeps a gate open. I didn't even notice the really interesting environmental storytelling going on in the background, which reminded me of that Spyder game. Can definitely see the hype cause it's challenging and feels very different.

Not A Hero
Duuuuuude. 2D shooter with Max Payne and Hotline Miami vibes. ALWAYS BE SLIDING. From cover to cover, and for executions. If you come across a heavy, you might automatically dodge jump back like Max Payne. Breaking through windows and causing havoc never gets tiring. The gore is really satisfying. Various characters with their own gameplay quirks (3 in this demo) and conditions as side objectives (don't get punched, 3 slide kills, etc) in the levels will make for quite the replayability as you're given a rating at the end of a level. Plays like a dream. The London gangster flavour and anti-hero dark comedy is refreshing. I want this now!

Ragnarok
Chilly, brooding exploration of a Norse mythic world full of giants and giant wolves (probably Fenrir). Great desaturated look. It was demo'ed on the Oculus Rift. The scale is fantastic. There is a valley you walk through where like Neverending Story, there are gigantic human statues with solemn weeping looks presiding over. There are some tree like structures that sprout up, probably to guide you with scripting so you know you're going the right way. I'm glad there finally is a game that reminds me of the Troll Hunter movie. It seemed like the developers were mostly women (3-4), which was cool.

Beacon
Pretty early but pretty fun isometric sci fi action game. The aesthetic is fabulous. Rolling around crystallic humanoid enemies and shooting/flanking them feels good. There are bugs, too. There is a lot of map to explore. I wasn't sure where to go though, so when the developer said he was asking for feedback, I mentioned an arrow marker could be helpful.

Kromaia
Super fluid 6-degrees-of-freedom space shooter. I don't play many space games, but man are the movement capabilities so great. You can go up and down with the mouse wheel up/down and strafe left to right with Q/E. It's really intuitive. The enemies you get don't really do much, so I wonder if there will be more real threats that force you to take advantage of the great feeling moveset. At one point, my ship's weapons became like blades, which reminded me of Zone of the Enders. The Greek architecture is interesting, I don't know what it's doing here but it looks awesome.

Aviary Attorney
I've never played a detective visual novel like Ace Attorney but can now understand the appeal. Multiple locations and people you interrogate, then use the info in the court to trip up the opponent. The hand-drawn posh animal aesthetic reminds me of childhood books. The dialogue is hilarious and witty. Even a pun like "if we don't have any proof, we could just...WING IT" got chuckles from me.

HER STORY
Possibly the most unique experience of a game that I played. It's from Sam Barlow, who wrote Silent Hill: Shattered Memories. A woman is being interrogated by police, it seems to be a crime story about her missing husband Simon. It's like a live-action visual novel with the freedom of text adventures. The game view is, you're looking at a desktop of a computer. The game is all about searching. You see a bunch of videos on the middle of the screen and play them. The words in these videos are stenographed and archived, so you can literally use what she says, put those words into the search bar, and find more videos on that subject. So like, she might mention Rapunzel as one of her favourite stories as a kid. You can just type Rapunzel in the search and get related videos that you haven't seen. So, with this kind of non-linear storytelling, can understand what happened and what's going on with her. This very much intrigued the psychologist in me, even it feels voyeuristic. Definitely will play this when it comes out.

Between Me and The Night
It's really impressive that this 2D adventure game is just 3 months in development. The art director did a bang up job. There's a very 90s vibe evidenced by the trapper keepers in your room. You can interact with every object in your room. It's a mix of mundane reality and escapism into virtual worlds which end up being the other levels where it's either a retro action platformer or a Superbrothers Sword and Sworcery-like fantasy melee game. It's definitely pre-alpha as the art guy was aware of my issues with the game such as moving the analog stick around as a cursor around the inventory that forms like spokes from your character being very floaty. Collision detection is iffy. There is some combat with an enemy on a bridge that repeats again which is monotonous cause all it does is one hit then a three hit combo which you block with a shield. You only have one attack which has the first attack be a downward attack, not very useful against an enemy who has their weapon raised up straight and you really just only want the automated second attack which is a horizontal stab. Either way, there's a lot of promise here.

Aerobat
Lawd the gamefeel of this! The fluid animations, particle FX, wispy style, and clanging audio design make this such a satisfying arcade play that you just want to keep on restarting for 30 minutes straight. It's a 2D schmup where you don't aim. It's all about jumping. So, you hold down the mouse, go as low as you can, and let it go up to jump high and automatically shoot the enemies. It's more about placement and the risk/reward of waiting to prime your bar to the max versus getting swarmed by enemy ships or getting too low to get the big jumps without falling to death.

Radial-G
Oculus Rift used here. Since you're not just moving on one flat plane, the rotations cause headbob in you. First time I've ever mentioned being motion sick in a good way. It's an intense firstperson tube racing game, might remind of Wipeout/F-Zero. There are green speed zones to hit while avoiding red zones that slow you down. Was getting quite the queue. It's on Steam Early Access already.

Toren
Ico and dark child fantasy vibes. The story is much more intriguing and tragic than I expected with the age shifts and pools of blood (representing maturity?). The soundtrack is very memorable. You're climbing up a tower with a giant tree in the middle. There are some puzzles. At one point you can pet a deer which reminded me of Uncharted 2 village. In that same area, there are reptilian enemies that jump at you and you hold Square to throw them off the platform. Later on, you get a sword that you use against a dragon. There's a spreading black corruption that the dragon can dole out, though. The sword and getting behind cover is the only way to avoid instant death where you get petrified by its stony wave. Having this little girl get petrified made me feel really bad! You whack the dragon with the sword, and when the dragon throws away your sword, you have to move some blocks to use as cover while trying to recover the sword. So yeah, rather than having dull combat sections, it's more about puzzling even in combat scenarios.

There are some technical niggles like collision where the girl's hands don't quite connect with objects. The sound goes off-sync a couple of times. The framerate dips quite a bit at the start. The textures are not so good looking up-close. Either way, it's still a very impressive 3D effort considering it's not a big team working on this.

Dr Dogg

Aviary Attorney

I've never played a detective visual novel like Ace Attorney but can now understand the appeal. Multiple locations and people you interrogate, then use the info in the court to trip up the opponent. The hand-drawn posh animal aesthetic reminds me of childhood books. The dialogue is hilarious and witty. Even a pun like "if we don't have any proof, we could just...WING IT" got chuckles from me.

I was so pissed that I missed the kickstarter campaign by the time I heard of this. Is it still scheduled for June? The artwork, subtle animation and my word the writing is fantastic from the small glimpses I've seen so far.

Looking forward to your impressions for Beyond Eyes, N++, Blues and Bullets and Flame in the Flood, Mess.
Gonna try those today. Flame in the Flood LOOKS stunning. Beyond Eyes had quite a lot of people around. Didn't know Blues and Bullets had shooting in it. The dev there looks like Phil Fish and Tom Bissell lol. Oh shit, Naeval is the GAFer here asking me to say hello. Haha will do.
Hey if anyone's at Rezzed check out my game!!

It's called De Mambo and we are in the Indie Room!!
Will do, today hopefully!
Go play Titan Souls if you can.
I had A BLAST with that at Gamescom, the game is seriously super, super awesome.
Plus the dev team is made of fun, easy going people, you will surely have lots of fun.
That game looks awesome but I think I've seen too much footage of that game with the brain and heart bosses :p But hey, it's not on early access or available to play right now, so will give it a go.

V_Ben

Banned
Hey, Messo, did you catch the teaser trailer for The Last Night? Devs said they were showing it at Rezzed

I saw it yesterday, if that's any good!

It's very short, but good grief is the art expressive. The main character's jacket animates more than he ever did in the original game jam version.

I saw it yesterday, if that's any good!

It's very short, but good grief is the art expressive. The main character's jacket animates more than he ever did in the original game jam version.
Ah man, that sounds so good. So hyped for the Kickstarter this month. If there's one thing I love, it's gorgeous pixel art

Radial-G

Oculus Rift used here. Since you're not just moving on one flat plane, the rotations cause headbob in you. First time I've ever mentioned being motion sick in a good way. It's an intense firstperson tube racing game, might remind of Wipeout/F-Zero. There are green speed zones to hit while avoiding red zones that slow you down. Was getting quite the queue. It's on Steam Early Access already.

...I really should have known that this would be here, given the guys making it are sitting on the other side of my office. Still get weirded out whenever it pops up anywhere though.

Good to know it seemed popular, guys deserve it.

Looking forward to your impressions for Beyond Eyes, N++, Blues and Bullets and Flame in the Flood, Mess.

I played Beyond Eyes at PAX East with Team17...great experience. Audio ques are key, so playing with a nice pair of headphones will be KEY to enjoying the game and what it has to offer.

I'll give one example that really stuck out to me while playing.

The premise is that you are a blind girl that just lost her best friend, her cat. While trying to find her cat, you will control her walking through the world, which is just white. As you walk the world will illuminate to you, the player. You are really in the mind of this little girl though, and as I was following the sounds of my cat, I happened to hear the sound of water and birds chirping. As I walked close to where the sound was coming from, the image of a nice water fountain appeared, and as I got closer and hung around the water fountain, it slowly disappeared and a sewer drain appeared. This really reasonated with me. In this little girls mind, she hears birds chirping and associates that and the sounds of water and assumes birds are having a great time bathing in a fountain, when the game shows you quickly that the reality is that it is a nasty sewer drain. To here though, the fountain is what is there.

It really helps highlight her struggle in trying to find her cat with no vision.

Truly an emotional experience, and as I said, you will want to immerse yourself in the world, in her world, by using a great pair of headphones.

Day 2 impressions

Fossil Echo
This is bar none the most beautiful game I've seen here! The demo starts off at a really "oh...I'm controlling this now?!" feeling where I was just stunned by the look and animation to forget this wasn't concept art. It has a bit of roto-scoping feel, or maybe that's just me thinking about Prince of Persia. It's a cinematic platformer through and through, so it can be a bit unforgiving. The devs apparently watched people fail time and time again on a platforming segment on the first day so they tweaked some things overnight. While I was playing a bit with human enemies and found the timing to be too hard, they tweaked it right in front of me in a few min haha. Put this game on your radar if you're at all into lovely art or cinematic platformers.

Planet of the Eyes
ib0vyLpjysc3f7.gif

Another 2D cinematic platformer, this one has quite a retro 50s sci fi colour palette and even the robot itself looks a bit 80s with its chunky design. I love the snail-like eyes following you, gives a more surreal vibe. Pretty typical fare of moving objects around to cross gaps but the game really kicks up a notch when the Log Ride segment shows up. Much like the log ride in Teslagrad, it's an intense ride, where you have to edge backwards and forwards to make the log descend but not fall off yourself. Has one of the most horrific deaths in a game where if you fall on yellow spikes, they literally skewer your robot into its little parts :(

Cave! Cave! Deus Videt (episode 1)
I guess I should really get into visual novels now after Aviary Attorney and now this, if they're going to look so striking now. This one is about art museums and also about women, it seems. A couple of women are the main characters, voicing frustrations with their lives and one of them finding so much satisfaction with Hieronymus Bosch art (the dude famous for painting heaven and hell, etc). As someone who saw Bosch art in my history books in school, that was kind of rad. There's one puzzle where the woman mentions colours and their representation, so you have to pick the right one (white for ambiguity, green for earth, etc). If you make the wrong choice, a set of eyes flash and a loud noise shakes you, so definitely want to avoid that! The story seems vignette-y as you jump from one woman to another. "Hoodie" has such a cool look. I just wish the dev was there so I could ask some things :p You can play Episode 0 right now, vote for it on Steam Greenlight if you want to.

Line Wobbler
ina9JBVxdBL23.jpg

It's an amazing game. You know what? This one is tough to explain. Or tough to visualise. So I took a video of it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv3hGYGVk5c

So yeah, pretty experimental but loads of simple fun. It's described as a "1D dungeon crawler" and is apparently procedurally generated. As you can see from the video, you move green dots around that can be sped up by moving the joystick harder. If you whip or "wobble" the joystick, the green dots let off a yellow wave that can be used to kill the red enemies. There even is a pink boss battle continuously spitting out red grunts so you have to get through them first and kill the pink boss but three times and in the opposite direction. I couldn't hack it, so I gave other people a try. Unique experience so give it a go downstairs at the Leftfield Collection in the back if you're going tomorrow.

Blues and Bullets
3D detective noir adventure game with one on-rails shooting section. It will be episodic, and the devs are hoping to release the first episode of five around May-June. There are some dialogue choices and the writing can be quite funny at times. I think the funniest aspect of the story is that the detective has become just a dude who makes burgers now. You walk around your restaurant, give a lady officer some blueberry pie, and then an annoying cop a burger. I put ALL THE SAUCE in his burger, which led to him feeling sick, and from what the dev Ramon said, this will affect a future event haha!

There's one flashback to when Eliot Ness was a detective, and here's where the on-rails shooting occurs. It's a bit abrupt and awkward, like moving the analog stick and lining up headshots takes way too much time and cause this was last minute, you're aiming + shooting with Left Bumper + Right Bumper rather than the triggers. The enemies were a bit spongy. One part got me laughing where I killed a dude on the stairs next to my cover, and then two others decided to get right there for my easy potshots. The dev said they're not sure what to do with these sections, whether to excise them, but I don't see foul in having some shooting in a detective game. LA Noire did way too much of that, and it's interesting to hear the devs were making this as students back in 2009 before that game came out.

The most interesting part of Blues and Bullets comes up next, where you end up at a house investigating a grisly murder where someone has been crucified with steel bars. You search for parts of the body that can be used as clues such as teeth having pulled out so he has a mouth full of just blood or a glass being wedged into the back of this poor fella. The camera controls here where you can move the camera on a rail and use the right analog stick to look around are a bit slow and imprecise. Technical niggles aside, picking up the clues around the house and then fitting them onto the board (like the ones you see in serial killer cases on TV where they show the connections) was pretty cool cause you have to think about which clue would fit with what bit of the case. If you're successful, it all culminates into a recounting ala Vanishing of Ethan Carter. I love any kind of detective game, so this is right up my alley.

Armikrog
My god, is this really beautiful. Being from the developers of Neverhood, that's not surprising. The atmosphere of that game is back, although with full-on and absolutely top notch voice acting. Apparently Tommynaut is the dude from MST3K (Michael J Nelson) and the dog's voice actor from Pinky and the Brain (Rob Paulsen). If you're going to play this tomorrow, PLEASE LOOK OUT THE WINDOW 4 TIMES! Maybe it's just the adventure game fan in me, but I knew if I kept on looking out, I'd see cool stuff each time. A monster chases some smaller creatures, the blue one gets eaten, and is then pooped out, who is then eaten by a fellow creature. Circle of Life! You can control the dog by just clicking him, and can go into little holes. The colour-blind look is a nice attention to detail. Only as the dog can you figure out the symbols needed for one puzzle later.

It's still very early. Sound is missing in spots. The shadows all look the same, probably placeholder. There is a game-breaking bug if you decide to do things out of order. The first cutscene goes from fully animated to becoming storyboards. But I'm really glad they showed the game at all in whatever state, cause those kind of bizarre worlds are begging to be explored.

Heat Signature
r8s6JBBNtoS3.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

I've seen plenty of this game but have only until now, got the chance to play it. Can I just say, some of the best camera zooming in a game? Cause you can zoom really far out when you're riding in space and then zoom all the way in when you've hijacked a ship and it becomes like a top-down stealth-action game like Hotline Miami. There's some great inertia to moving the spaceship around, which makes for attaching to other ships for docking a bit finicky. Thankfully, right mouse click allows you to slow down so you can get more precise with the docking. I didn't realise it until playing it, but this loop of hijacking a ship, getting killed, body being thrown out back into space, and using your remote-controlled spaceship to retrieve your sorry ass body before you pass out in 20-30 seconds is pretty flipping awesome!

Volume
I've played this before, so no need to explain to you the intricacies other than it's a non-violence stealth game. The few things new in this build are the new mechanics. You can jump over walls now and wear a masquerade (mask) to do a bit of social stealth that lasts for a few seconds. Jumping over walls just feels really good. I just like vaulting in games and the animations for some reason. It's a very precise game. Since quite a few pure stealth games are pretty much puzzles, it feels more of a puzzle game of figuring out a course of action and then executing it. A tricky one is if you decide to change rooms, you'll be dropped right in front of an enemy. So before changing rooms, throw out a bugle (noisemaker) that bounces off surfaces and you can remotely activate it with just the second mouse click. Once you've alerted the guard to go somewhere else, then warp to the other room and go about your business.

I don't remember hearing any voice acting last time I played it, apparently the dude you play as is voiced by a Youtuber (charlieissocoollike) and your AI is Danny Wallace. I love the colour palette changing up for each level, like one level is all pink and it's gorgeous.

Tulpa
Ok, so I had no idea this game was already out. So many games come out on Steam now, that it can be sometimes hard to keep track of even though the premise and concept of this game is pretty cool. It's a grim 2D adventure puzzler where you either control a girl or a dead floating guy. Since the guy floats he can go to certain places but also then you can use a mouse cursor to grab objects, so like making a claw to drop a crate for the girl to push into a pit to traverse across. The puzzles themselves are intuitive and fun. There's a narrative reason for keeping the girl and guy nearby because you lose sanity if he's too far away. The surreal art and colour palette was great, and since I already bought it for half price from their booth, I'm excited to play more of it. Apparently, the story gets way more intriguing.

Beyond Eyes
Wow. 3D adventure game where you play as a blind girl and need to fill out the world by feel. Definitely reminds of Unfinished Swan. The soundtrack is touching. Just an all around enriching experience. The game was being played on gigantic TVs and yet the art for an 3D indie game still stood strong which goes to show good art direction saves all. The effect of filling out the world looks cool, like you're painting in real-time.
tumblr_mmme2lBFmK1sq5koco2_250.gif

I really like that there's a consistent colour theme which is purple, which happens to be my favourite colour right now :) You see the purple on the edges of the filling effect, and the blind girl is wearing mostly purple.

You can sometimes go off the beaten path to explore other optional areas like a group of chickens. They're just there, the area doesn't lead you back to the main route but just to add flavour and visuals to the world. I would sometimes just walk all around an area just to fill out the white space even though I knew those were dead ends. There are negative things that you'll avoid, like the crows' shrieks or dog's barks that send out waves of sound. You don't fail or anything by going close to them since the girl won't enter those waves. One very cool thing is near the end of the demo where you suspect a woodpecker hitting on a tree but as you get closer, it's actually a traffic light sign.
iCGLmyzDR7tD1.gif

I asked the devs if there would be more optional exploration and auditory-to-visual illusions cause those were the coolest aspects, and they confirmed :)

Any games you want to be covered that I haven't checked out yet? Last day is tomorrow, Saturday.

If you're into stealth games, Dan Marshall's presentation was pretty great:
The Swindle at EGX Rezzed 2015
"Dan Marshall talks stealth game design decisions."
"I've slowly come to the conclusion that I kind of hate stealth games, so making one day-in, day-out over the last 4 years has been a real eye-opener.”
He might say he's not into stealth games, but much like many developers, he got frustrated with the genre and made a game as a response to how he would improve it. Surprisingly, I haven't played The Swindle yet (which sounds awesome) but will give it a go tomorrow. Had a good chat with fellow gamers and him after the presentation, recommended Mark of the Ninja to him (he doesn't play other games to avoid influence). Despite all the self-deprecation, he's a very funny and cool dude!

Top Bottom