• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eidos Life President: "Nintendo should have their IP on every platform"

So help me understand, will they shut down all their 3rd party publishing deals, other dev studios, 2nd parties, etc. or will they all work on Mario, Zelda and Pokemon? Because I am really interested to see what you think here, why you think this company will either saturate the market with dozens of games from the same franchises, kill off entire dev teams (just 'cos we're 3rd party now can't have those!) or just have hundreds if not thousands of people from multiple dev morph into 3 super dev teams just for those franchises?

To expand on this, Retro studios, what are they doing now? Monolith? Intelligent Systems? Why can't Nintendo publish for other devs anymore? Is there some secret pact that stops a smaller dev like Platinum from dealing with publishers that don't own the platform? Isn't that exactly what a publisher is supposed to do?

Why would going 3rd party suddenly render them impotent?

All those games I listed were made with the WiiU hardware in mind. Nintendo went after Bayonetta 2 and Wonderful 101 because they needed games for their platform. Do you think they would go and fund those games if they didnt? Would they go after partnership deals with Atlust for SMT x FE? Pikmin 3 was built with Pointer Controls in mind that would limit it to the PSMove and we all know how that sold. Game & Wario was built for the gamepad, no gamepad no game. Ntm these games sell on Nintendo's platforms because there aren't similar titles to it on the platform. Would people really buy a Metroid game if it was on Xbox against Halo? Would people buy FZero on Playstation with Wipeout on it? Who would need Animal Crossing with the big Sim City games competing against it? Nintendo's been bashed for the lack of third party support but its that lack of support that gives their first party titles dominance because there aren't similar titles for the system.

JordanN

Banned
But how would it look worse than the PS3? They went with a style. If they developed it for the PS3, it'd look no different.
Read from the beginning. I'm talking about hardware.

If I'm saying the game looks worse, it's unlikely I'm talking about artstyle but technical prowess.

JoeM86

Read from the beginning. I'm talking about hardware.

If I'm saying the game looks worse, I'm not talking about artstyle but technical prowess.

Again, that's not something you can gauge just by looking at one game that's exclusive to one console. Besides, it's a 2D platformer. It's not like they've been the pinnacle of gaming technology in the last 20 years.

Wait for the rest of Nintendo's games to come out before you make assertions on Nintendo's fidelity

Dunno? Is X the kind of game the PS3 couldn't handle or wouldn't change much if it was on it? Also, what about PS4/XBO?

Also, not every game is X. New Super Mario Bros U would barely tax the PS3 but Nintendo still made it anyway.
I dont know you seem to be the graphics expert here. And I am 100% sure X will struggle on PS3. Two different architectures. You knock on multiplats for performing inferior on Wii U, surely you can acknowledge that a game like X will struggle on PS3 for the same reason.

You also said,
Nintendo games right now don't even come close to the best of PS3 (graphically)
Does that change when X comes out? Because X is graphically up there with any last gen game beating plenty of them and we only saw earlier quick footage. At E3 it should be cleaned up even more.

Soule

Sony's IPs should be on all platforms. Imagine all the people that only have a Wii or a 360, or only play on the PC not being able to play The Last of Us...

On topic: if you want to play Nintendo games buy a Nintendo platform.

I'd love for that to happen. Microsoft sometimes has games published by Microsft Studios show on Windows, hell back in February people found some listings for the first 3 Halo games on Steam. I think it'd be an interesting experiment for Nintendo to test the interest by putting some older titles out there on other platforms and see how it performs, whether that be PC/Mobile/Consoles.

Don't see it happening though with their VC strategy.

I have a legit question to ask. How come Sony never gets the "they're doomed they should go 3rd party" flack that Nintendo does? Sony's in the worst financial position of the Big 3 and has the biggest risk of going under while Nintendo's in the best financial position yet the doom and gloom for each other are complete opposites.

JordanN

Banned
Again, that's not something you can gauge just by looking at one game that's exclusive to one console. Besides, it's a 2D platformer. It's not like they've been the pinnacle of gaming technology in the last 20 years.

Wait for the rest of Nintendo's games to come out before you make assertions on Nintendo's fidelity
Well I said "right now"and waiting seems to miss the point.

The discussion was Nintendo games rely on their hardware. However, Nintendo has already made two games so far that another console on the market would likely have no problem running. This cannot be argued.

JoeM86

The discussion was Nintendo games rely on their hardware. However, Nintendo has already made two games so far that another console on the market would likely have no problem running. This cannot be argued.

Right now, when there are two first party games on the console, which is only half a year old compared to a console with 200+ games and is 7 years old. Both of which have specific art styles. Hmmm....

Sorry, but your reasoning is very specious and you will see that next week.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
I have a legit question to ask. How come Sony never gets the "they're doomed they should go 3rd party" flack that Nintendo does? Sony's in the worst financial position of the Big 3 and has the biggest risk of going under while Nintendo's in the best financial position yet the doom and gloom for each other are complete opposites.

Nintendo's first party has a bigger penis.

Mael

It's funny how people think that Nintendo games have any other purposes than selling the hardware Nintendo is selling...

JordanN

Banned
Does that change when X comes out? Because X is graphically up there with any last gen game beating plenty of them and we only saw earlier quick footage. At E3 it should be cleaned up even more.
You say it's up there, others say it's not and is even worse. I don't know who to believe and it doesn't help the game is not even finished, so I think it's best to leave it out of the discussion.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
And you would be wrong.

I don't get it. You think Nintendo makes good hardware or something? Granted the Xbone isn't looking too good conceptually but it's still leagues ahead of the WiiU graphically.

What's so special about a Nintendo game only on a Nintendo console? Having outdated graphics and poopy online support doesn't make a great experience.

So when resident evil revelations has some frame rate issue on Wii U its because Wii U is underpowered compared to PS3?

You say it's up there, others say it's not and is even worse. I don't know who to believe and it doesn't help the game is not even finished, so I think it's best to leave it out of the discussion.

Then there should be no discussion. Your trying to compare two games that obviously aren't trying to push hardware to games that are on the brink of the limits of last gens consoles. We have yet to see a game that pushes the WiiU's hardware so its not fair to say that it has no games that can't be done on PS3/360.

JordanN

Banned
Then there should be no discussion. Your trying to compare two games that obviously aren't trying to push hardware to games that are on the brink of the limits of last gens consoles. We have yet to see a game that pushes the WiiU's hardware so its not fair to say that it has no games that can't be done on PS3/360.
So now it's about pushing hardware?

Sorry I can't mindread every Nintendo game to find out whether it was originally going to have decked out graphics or just follow Nintendo's usual routine of not being a powerhouse.

I never said they wont have better graphics, only that their games are clearly within PS3/360 grasp.

I don't get it. You think Nintendo makes good hardware or something? Granted the Xbone isn't looking too good conceptually but it's still leagues ahead of the WiiU graphically.

What's so special about a Nintendo game only on a Nintendo console? Having outdated graphics and poopy online support doesn't make a great experience.

Whats so special about having Halo or Forza on Xbox or Uncharted of Gran Turismo on Playstation? Nothing. "Ooooh its so pretty" is about the best you get.

Btw Nintendo's online is just as good as PSN/XBL other than having a real account system.

X, a pure gameplay trailer was compared to Killzone 4 a trailer which is most impressive when the player is not even in control. And for your sake a "next gen" game. Running on PS4 much powerful hardware than Wii U. Id say majority of people say its up there. Also acknowledge one game is a open-world rpg and the other a corridor fps. And both of those games are not even out. Besides this is not about what people said its about what you said.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and

Playing a rented game that has free online with an awesome controller is a great experience.

So now it's about pushing hardware?

Sorry I can't mindread every Nintendo game to find out whether it was originally going to have decked out graphics or just follow Nintendo's usual routine of not being a powerhouse.

Your first comment was how Nintendo doesn't have games that come close to PS3's best. So you were comparing 2 games w/ simplistic artstyles that were very basic power wise to games w/ realistic artstyles that are pushing the limits of its system. If Sony made something in the vein of NSMBU or Nintendoland you would be saying it doesn't come close to PS3's best either.

I'd love for that to happen. Microsoft sometimes has games published by Microsft Studios show on Windows, hell back in February people found some listings for the first 3 Halo games on Steam. I think it'd be an interesting experiment for Nintendo to test the interest by putting some older titles out there on other platforms and see how it performs, whether that be PC/Mobile/Consoles.

Don't see it happening though with their VC strategy.

Yeah if Nintendo does anything they should put Virtual Console on steam and ios, I cant see that really affecting thier H/W sales and its pretty much easy money.

That being said if Nintendo did happen to go this route Would Msoft and sony let it onto thier marketplaces????

hmmmmm

JordanN

Banned
X, a pure gameplay trailer was compared to Killzone 4 a trailer which is most impressive when the player is not even in control. And for your sake a "next gen" game. Running on PS4 much powerful hardware than Wii U. Id say majority of people say its up there. Also acknowledge one game is a open-world rpg and the other a corridor fps. And both of those games are not even out. Besides this is not about what people said its about what you said.
I can compare Tetris to Crysis, that doesn't mean anything without context.

Your first comment was how Nintendo doesn't have games that come close to PS3's best. So you were comparing 2 games w/ simplistic artstyles that were very basic power wise to games w/ realistic artstyles that are pushing the limits of its system. If Sony made something in the vein of NSMBU or Nintendoland you would be saying it doesn't come close to PS3's best either.
You just repeated what I said. So... what's the problem?

Barryman

Nintendo should come out with a line of phones and tablets with traditional game controls (dead, buttons, circle pad) built in. HDMI output, can be used as a portable or home console. I would get one, and I don't own a smartphone.

If they had an open software marketplace, I bet tons of indies would flock to it due to physical controls. Could you imagine playing Super Meat Boy on your phone?

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Whats so special about having Halo or Forza on Xbox or Uncharted of Gran Turismo on Playstation? Nothing. "Ooooh its so pretty" is about the best you get.

Btw Nintendo's online is just as good as PSN/XBL other than having a real account system.

I don't even...exactly? MS/Sony exclusives are interchangable and it doesnt matter. See: Final Fantasy. It didnt suffer by being on the 360. Why would someone not want Nintendo to go multiplat at this point? What does Zelda next have to gain by being on a graphically inferior console? All controller features would probably be available on smart glass.

p.s. The account and friends system is what makes it good. drm being baked into the console is dumb.

Nintendo should come out with a line of phones and tablets with traditional game controls (dead, buttons, circle pad) built in. HDMI output, can be used as a portable or home console. I would get one, and I don't own a smartphone.

It's so close to a 3DS, why not just buy that? Also, I have a feeling their next portable will be a console/handheld hybrid.

I don't even...exactly? MS/Sony exclusives are interchangable and it doesnt matter. See: Final Fantasy. It didnt suffer by being on the 360. Why would someone not want Nintendo to go multiplat at this point? What does Zelda next have to gain by being on a graphically inferior console? All controller features would probably be available on smart glass.

p.s. The account and friends system is what makes it good. drm being baked into the console is dumb.

So you understand why people are asking why people don't beg incessantly for Uncharted/Halo on other platforms? I'm not personally saying it couldn't be done, just that it won't be, and there are plenty business related reasons for that.

Also, accounts and friends systems don't really affect the games themselves. Make the multiplayer experience more seamless? Maybe, but not the game itself.

Soule

All those games I listed were made with the WiiU hardware in mind. Nintendo went after Bayonetta 2 and Wonderful 101 because they needed games for their platform. Do you think they would go and fund those games if they didnt? Would they go after partnership deals with Atlust for SMT x FE? Pikmin 3 was built with Pointer Controls in mind that would limit it to the PSMove and we all know how that sold. Game & Wario was built for the gamepad, no gamepad no game. Ntm these games sell on Nintendo's platforms because there aren't similar titles to it on the platform. Would people really buy a Metroid game if it was on Xbox against Halo? Would people buy FZero on Playstation with Wipeout on it? Who would need Animal Crossing with the big Sim City games competing against it? Nintendo's been bashed for the lack of third party support but its that lack of support that gives their first party titles dominance because there aren't similar titles for the system.

You didn't address my questions in that post, or at least what you've said doesn't change my opinion. Yes I absolutely think Nintendo will fund games they think will sell to generate revenue. I see no reason that they wouldn't still make partnerships with pubs like Atlus to create compelling content. Bayonetta and Pikmin are both series were created to acclaim on conventional controllers (360/PS3 and GC), those franchises could easily be continued on other hardware, I understand you're arguing it was made for the Wii U in mind, doesn't mean that the franchise couldn't continue to thrive on other platforms. Metroid and Halo are hugely different games, I think there's room for both. F-Zero and Wipeout are niche games, I think they can both sell on the same platform since they release like 1 game in the franchise if that per gen. Animal crossing and Sim City are hugely different games, I think there's room for both.

I'm really not worried about their sales, if they continue to create good software I believe it'll sell and from my experience with the Wii it most games could easily be converted to a normal controller and retain a lot of the magic so while I don't follow the Wii U as much as I did the Wii, it doesn't worry me.

I can compare Tetris to Crysis, that doesn't mean anything without context.
It doesnt but this is about what you think. You specfically stated that Wii U games out right now dont even look as good as any top tier PS3 games. Yet when I ask you about X you want the discussion to be finished because its not out. But you are the one arguing saying "right now" Whats the point if you have seen proof that some games potentianally will? Is it just so you can have a point right now just to be proven wrong later?

You also missed this question I asked you a page back..

So when resident evil revelations has some frame rate issue on Wii U its because Wii U is underpowered compared to PS3

Barryman

It's so close to a 3DS, why not just buy that? Also, I have a feeling their next portable will be a console/handheld hybrid.

Who says I don't have one already?

But yeah, I think we're on the same page. It makes sense for their next hardware to be a hybrid console. I just think they'd have a chance to take their business to a whole other level if they became a phone/mobile OS maker.

I certainly think its smarter than becoming a software only company.

Soule

Yeah if Nintendo does anything they should put Virtual Console on steam and ios, I cant see that really affecting thier H/W sales and its pretty much easy money.

That being said if Nintendo did happen to go this route Would Msoft and sony let it onto thier marketplaces????

hmmmmm

Haha I'm inclined to say they'd want it there for the sales but it could end up being a big ol' Trojan horse reminding people how good their games can be, would laugh so much if they did something like that and it boosted their sales.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

So you understand why people are asking why people don't beg incessantly for Uncharted/Halo on other platforms? I'm not personally saying it couldn't be done, just that it won't be, and there are plenty business related reasons for that.

Also, accounts and friends systems don't really affect the games themselves. Make the multiplayer experience more seamless? Maybe, but not the game itself.

Alright, obviously I'm not talking about business reasons it would never happen. I specifically asked why someone would actively not want Nintendo games with better graphics. a good unified online system is the difference between a mp game being fun and frustrating.

and a console handheld hybrid, therefor removing all advantages of a handheld. Talk about "good business decisions."

JordanN

Banned
It doesnt but this is about what you think. You specfically stated that Wii U games out right now dont even look as good as any top tier PS3 games. Yet when I ask you about X you want the discussion to be finished because its not out. But you are the one arguing saying "right now" Whats the point if you have seen proof that some games potentianally will? Is it just so you can have a point right now just to be proven wrong later?

You also missed this question I asked you a page back..
I just explained to you why X doesn't matter. Also, what proof? It's not a fact X is better. If you say "potential" I can say it will potentially look bad too.

As for the Resident Evil quote, why should I care? This is about Nintendo games, I'd like to stick to that topic.

Joni

Sony is mostly a hardware company. Why would they continue developing games when their hardware goes away? They'll sell or close studios, they might keep separate profitable branches like SOE but they'll scale back everything that doesn't make a profit and is just there to show console diversity. That is why most people don't ever wonder that about Sony.

Why is the hardware race so important to people?

We had great hardware this generation, but I really felt like most of the releases lacked in content compared to what Nintendo could drop on the basic Wii.

What's the point of all that power if most of these 3rd Party devs don't even use it? How has gaming evolved gameplay-wise?

For Christ's sake we got 8 GB of Same Shit to look forward to. What's the point? If you're not gonna implement the unimaginable or atleast competent games, why should we look forward to it? Rising costs happening with bigger budget games to the point that publishers are pushing platform holders to enforce DRM on their consoles. Who the fuck wants this?

Nintendo is pretty much the only company doing right at the moment.

People speak of specs and hardware like they're selling PC's when all I want is video games and a variety of them. I know for a fact that I can't look to the PS4/One and expect a huge variety of risky titles that push boundaries. There's too much at risk.

I don't get why people who want to play Nintendo games just buy the console. I bought a 360 just for fighting games and got some other 3rd Party Stuff (all dat Platinum, Lost Planet, and Sonic) as a bonus.

The problems with statements like this Eidos guy made is that it doesn't and will never make any sense until Nintendo is totally BROKE and there is NO demand for their games.

Nintendo has booku money, and their on dedicated platform that allows them to push titles to their best, tell me one Sony/MS first party that has the kind of quality you can expect from a Nintendo game. I'm talking bout #CLASSICS.

The Last of Us just got a 10 Across the board and I read it asked myself, "I wonder how long will people praise it?" Look at AC3, UC3, ME3. All of them, critically acclaimed games, looked back at now, a lot of people would claim as overrated.

But what do I expect from Nintendo? #Classics.

They are a damn video game company, that focuses on video games, that know video games.

Why you think they invested in Bayonetta 2, and even got Platinum to make Wonderful 101?

BECAUSE THEY KNOW QUALITY WHEN THEY SEE IT.

And you people want them to go third party?

They are the only damn hope to bring balance to the market, they don't need the highest specs to rock you.

We're talking about a company that even in their first leap into online, they bring something new, and potentially useful for both, consumers, developers, and publishers. The freaking Miiverse.

It's help, advertising, and a community all in one.

You could stuff all the ram you want into a console, but if nobodies pushing the boundaries of game design outside of graphics, story, presentation, it ain't bout shit.

With that said. I would love for The Last Guardian and Final Fantasy Versus XIII to be Wii U exclusives because I'll be damned to drop money on a Playstation, add Viva Pinata too. That game is awesome.

Are there any exclusives that you guys want on PS4/One? Or are y'all just trying to brag about wasted potential?

JoeM86

Not true. Smartglass has issues working at the same time as the games. Often, the game needs to be paused for Smartglass features to be used, and they aren't interactive in realtime

We had great hardware this generation, but I really felt like most of the releases lacked in content compared to what Nintendo could drop on the basic Wii.

What's the point of all that power if most of these 3rd Party devs don't even use it? How has gaming evolved gameplay-wise?

For Christ's sake we got 8 GB of Same Shit to look forward to. What's the point? If you're not gonna implement the unimaginable or atleast competent games, why should we look forward to it? Rising costs happening with bigger budget games to the point that publishers are pushing platform holders to enforce DRM on their consoles. Who the fuck wants this?

Nintendo is pretty much the only company doing right at the moment.

People speak of specs and hardware like they're selling PC's when all I want is video games and a variety of them. I know for a fact that I can't look to the PS4/One and expect a huge variety of risky titles that push boundaries. There's too much at risk.

I don't get why people who want to play Nintendo games just buy the console. I bought a 360 just for fighting games and got some other 3rd Party Stuff (all dat Platinum, Lost Planet, and Sonic) as a bonus.

The problems with statements like this Eidos guy made is that it doesn't and will never make any sense until Nintendo is totally BROKE and there is NO demand for their games.

Nintendo has booku money, and their on dedicated platform that allows them to push titles to their best, tell me one Sony/MS first party that has the kind of quality you can expect from a Nintendo game. I'm talking bout #CLASSICS.

The Last of Us just got a 10 Across the board and I read it asked myself, "I wonder how long will people praise it?" Look at AC3, UC3, ME3. All of them, critically acclaimed games, looked back at now, a lot of people would claim as overrated.

But what do I expect from Nintendo? #Classics.

They are a damn video game company, that focuses on video games, that know video games.

Why you think they invested in Bayonetta 2, and even got Platinum to make Wonderful 101?

BECAUSE THEY KNOW QUALITY WHEN THEY SEE IT.

And you people want them to go third party?

They are the only damn hope to bring balance to the market, they don't need the highest specs to rock you.

We're talking about a company that even in their first leap into online, they bring something new, and potentially useful for both, consumers, developers, and publishers. The freaking Miiverse.

It's help, advertising, and a community all in one.

You could stuff all the ram you want into a console, but if nobodies pushing the boundaries of game design outside of graphics, story, presentation, it ain't bout shit.

With that said. I would love for The Last Guardian and Final Fantasy Versus XIII to be Wii U exclusives, add Viva Pinata too. That game is awesome.

Are there any exclusives that you guys want on PS4/One? Or are y'all just trying to brag about wasted potential?

Thank you. This is it exactly. Sony and MS are constantly going for power power power and it is destroying the industry. Look at how many developers have folded in recent years due to trying to keep up. The, the games are always the same over and over. Sure, we get great games from time to time like Uncharted, Last of Us etc. (even if some say they're over-rated, they're still great games...just not perfection), but generally the industry is stagnant and Nintendo is the one hardware manufacturer, and developer, who is trying new things

Dunno? Is X the kind of game the PS3 couldn't handle or wouldn't change much if it was on it? Also, what about PS4/XBO?

Also, not every game is X. New Super Mario Bros U would barely tax the PS3 but Nintendo still made it anyway.

And you still couldn´t port it to the PS3/4 in the same way you can play it on the Wii U. Now it´s your turn to say "but i don´t care about this mechanic, i don´t care about that mechanic and if put this and this away it would work!". Which kinda proves my point.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Not true. Smartglass has issues working at the same time as the games. Often, the game needs to be paused for Smartglass features to be used, and they aren't interactive in realtime

That seems like something that will change with the xbone or newer tablets. Either way if its between having the mini map/tingle tuner on my controller or way better graphics, everyone will pick graphics.

Do you guys think Nintendo games would sell well on a future Xbox, Playstation, Steam, iOS, etc? If so, how well? Or do you think they would sell poorly? Just curious.

A few of their franchises such as Zelda, Mario and Smash Brothers would probably sell respectably well on all platforms, but I don't think most of the other lesser known franchises would sell that well to be truthfully honest. I doubt even the mighty Mario and Zelda would knock COD, Halo or Madden of the top 3 spots though, but they could definitely sell a few million. The demographic on the Sony and Microsoft systems are now too different. Steam? Not really sure. Honestly, I think they would fare better on the consoles. Not sure if PC gamers would embrace Nintendo's franchises. Ios? They would probably sell fairly well. So much has changed in the industry. If PS3 and X360 owners really wanted Nintendo games that bad, they would of bought Nintendo systems to play them I think. Then again, let's see how Zelda:WW HD and a true Mario 3D game will sell on the Wii U. That could show us how much demand there is for Nintendo games now.

Darmik

That seems like something that will change with the xbone or newer tablets. Either way if its between having the mini map/tingle tuner on my controller or way better graphics, everyone will pick graphics.

If you honestly think Smartglass would work just as well as the GamePad you obviously have never touched a WiiU.

Why does it have to be between one or the other? I like having the choice of games that focus on graphics and games that want to provide unique experiences. Not every game needs to focus on top of the line graphics and neither does every console.

I'M FINISHED!

If it's a choice between Big Brother Kinect/DRM and Nintendo first party...

JordanN

Banned

I think it's a combination of 3 things.
1. Value
2. Third party games
3. Personal preference.

Being given more power helps validate spending large sums of money on something. If you remotely care about having a good software library, you'll want your console to be powerful enough to handle third party games. Games themselves also depend on hardware to deliver certain experiences (more power = less restrictive games). Lastly, you may want consoles that are compatible with the rest of today's technology.

For example, I own a 1080p monitor. I only expect the best image quality out of new consoles to comply with it.

Slavik81

People like Nintendo's software a lot more than they like Nintendo's hardware. By focusing more closely on the things they're best at, Nintendo might be more successful.

Sony, on the other hand, has a much more balanced portfolio. Their hardware has its ups and downs, as does their software. Ultimately, it's hard to imagine Ratchet and Clank on Xbox taking the world by storm.

Ninja Dom

If they had an open software marketplace, I bet tons of indies would flock to it due to physical controls. Could you imagine playing Super Meat Boy on your phone?

Remember the Sony Xperia Play?? We had a smartphone with game controller built in. A shocking flop. It was sold in phone stores where customers were buying proper smartphones on contracts and had to be 18 & over. Not sold in game stores where customers were buying games.

Bad, bad idea. In this current phone market. An idea like this from either Sony or Nintendo should have happened years ago.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
If you honestly think Smartglass would work just as well as the GamePad you obviously have never touched a WiiU.

Why does it have to be between one or the other? I like having the choice of games that focus on graphics and games that want to provide unique experiences. Not every game needs to focus on top of the line graphics and neither does every console.
Sorry are you arguing in favor of bad visual fidelity? Who has ever made a game with the goal of high end graphics, and boring forgettable gameplay? it's not one or the other, it's both, and the Wiiu can barely even compete in that regard. Its already been capped out with UE3.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
If it's a choice between Big Brother Kinect/DRM and Nintendo first party...

If the xbone is successful then don't have any illusions about the gen after this one having xbones drm model not being baseline. Either Nintendo will go with that flow or they will have even less publisher support than they have now.

Top Bottom