• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'El Camino' A Breaking Bad movie coming to Netflix (finished filming)

3kl9p802ubi31.png

el-camino-breaking-bad-movie-poster-netflix-20068041.jpeg

Magnets!!!

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I put Breaking Bad in my Top 5 TV Shows, Jessie and Walt proved to be great characters, this is going to be interesting.

Super Mario

Banned
This is so strange to me. A movie like this could have been huge at the box office. If Netflix wanted some compelling content, why not a season, even if a short one?

Either way, sign me up. Here comes the people saying "It will ruin the original series"

Thaedolus

Gold Member
This is so strange to me. A movie like this could have been huge at the box office. If Netflix wanted some compelling content, why not a season, even if a short one?

Either way, sign me up. Here comes the people saying "It will ruin the original series"

Everything that has come after the original series has been just as good IMO...I'm hella excited for more content from this franchise.

Stouffers

Banned
Speaking of movies, I just rewatched Bill And Teds Excellent Adventure for the first time in 30 years. It’s more disjointed than I remember and I think I saw Napoleon’s balls during the water slide scene. Also, when did they find the time to rehearse their oral exam with everyone? It was way too choreographed to just be a spontaneous happening. I also don’t get how they weren’t immediately arrested for breaking all those people out of jail.

When it first released, I didn’t realize how much Georgie Carlin was phoning it in. He couldn’t look any less interested.

Grinchy

Banned
Jesse was mentally and physically tortured for months leading up to his escape, so my assumption is that he's a little bit on the crazy side and will see hallucinations of Walt. It'll be a "force ghost dad" situation where Walt helps him through situations. And even though Jesse's own brain is figuring things out, he subconsciously gives the credit to force ghost dad Walt throughout the process.

Last edited:
Jesse was mentally and physically tortured for months leading up to his escape, so my assumption is that he's a little bit on the crazy side and will see hallucinations of Walt. It'll be a "force ghost dad" situation where Walt helps him through situations. And even though Jesse's own brain is figuring things out, he subconsciously gives the credit to force ghost dad Walt throughout the process.
I have no idea what could happen. Nobody has ever predicted any outcomes in the Breaking Bad universe but when you see what the outcome is it makes complete and total sense, and then some. It's alien how much of a genius that whole production is.

Zotaku

Vince Gilligan and Co. did really great with the BB series, but I hope that it translates well into a 2 hour feature film. I honestly don't feel like the ending of BB needed anything beyond what was shown. Jesse is riding/driving off into his freedom, having made amends for his crimes/sins through the torture at the hands of the neo-nazis. And at this point it is very unlikely that Jesse would EVER go back to his old/bad ways. Most likely he would make a fresh start and possibly pursue a life in which he could make use of his REAL talents; wood crafting ^^

Last edited:

Zotaku

PS: NOW it makes sense why we didn't get the 5th season of "Better Call Saul" this year.... Vince was busy with THIS thing! Awwww mannn! Season 5 is a tough wait ><

Last edited:

Sybrix

Why cant Americans just leave their art alone?

Breaking Bad ended in the most perfect way, Jessie left speeding off and it was up to the viewer how they thought it ended up for Jessie. That is so much better than getting another spin off show/movie to tell us.

I really hope this doesn't taint Breaking Bad.

Last edited:

JimiNutz

Banned
Doesn't feel needed at all but I'm in based on how good BCS has been (although the last season without Chuck was a bit of a letdown in my opinion).

It's coming to AMC next month. I still haven't seen it and I consider Breaking Bad to be among the best mini series ever made.

I also shit bricks when I found out Walter White's wife is the voice of a character in one of the best video game series ever made, Legacy of Kain.

Grinchy

Banned
It sucks I have no Internet here except for the 4G on my phone. As a result I'm missing out on so much good stuff like The Midichlorian and whatnot. So I have to wait for stuff to pop up on Direct TV.
This movie is something you're missing out on. The Mandalorian can be watched some other time.

I thought it was alright. It felt more like some script ideas that Gilligan had laying around for another season then an actual movie.

The movie felt more like two one hour episodes that were smashed together. I really think that this should have been an epilogue mini season with 4-5 episodes instead of a movie.

yeah it didnt leave much of a lasting impression for me

What was weird is there was a promo clip of the police interrogating skinny pete, but in the actual movie law enforcement is a complete non factor. Then there's the whole 45 minutes worth of Todd flashback sequences. Also the film never shows what happened to Skylar and the rest of Walter's family which is a huge missed opportunity.

IDK, maybe it was supposed to be a mini season and there were budget restrictions. The whole thing just felt off like it wasn't originally intended to be a movie.

Top Bottom