• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

El Shaddai: AttM hands-on impressions

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Siliconera's Spencer got a quick play of the game up

If the name sounds unfamiliar, it looks like this:

parte4x259s.gif
parte2261z.gif

http://www.abload.de/img/parte1c51m.gif
http://www.abload.de/img/parte34569.gif

Anyway,

Siliconera said:
El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron uses a rhythmic combo system. By adding pauses between presses you can change what move Enoch does. Take the Arch as an example, if you press attack, break for a second, and press it again Enoch uses a wide slash instead of a lunge. It’s a subtle system since the game doesn’t show a combo meter or even a life bar (although, the latter is an unlockable option).

...I should have mentioned earlier that enemies in El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron are aggressive. They team up and attack Enoch with spinning dashes and Arch combos. Players have to block or dodge roll around enemies to avoid attacks. Hit block right before an enemy attacks and you’ll enter a parry state giving Enoch a chance to strike back. Get hit and Enoch takes… costume damage. Eventually, you’ll see his shirt and jeans (a gift from the future from Lucifel) torn to shreds and finally shirtless Enoch. That’s a sign that you’re near death.
erm, sounds like it has something for everybody

Comes out April 28th in Japan!

tokkun

It would be nice if the author actually talked about whether he was having fun doing the things he describes.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
tokkun said:
It would be nice if the author actually talked about whether he was having fun doing the things he describes.
Yeah. From what I can gather, the platforming doesn't seem too enthralling.

But damn if it doesn't look good.

IMACOMPUTA

Wow, the .gifs look incredible. Will definitely keep an eye on this.
I've heard Shane Bettenhausen talk about it, but this is the first I've seen.

Top Bottom