• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring’s Storytelling Will be Similar to Dark Souls According to Hidetaka Miyazaki

https://www.dualshockers.com/elden-ring-storytelling-dark-souls/

Fortunately, FromSoftware’s Hidetaka Miyazaki has since touched on additional details regarding Elden Ring since its reveal, most notably when it comes to the game’s story. Speaking to IGN, Miyazaki said that the story and world of Elden Ring will be fleshed out in a similar manner to that of the Dark Souls games. This means that much of the backstory of the world of Elden Ring will probably be detailed through item descriptions, character interactions, and other means of environmental storytelling.
Rather than taking a more direct approach to narrative as was seen in this year’s release of Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, it seems like FromSoftware is opting to return to its old way of fleshing out the world it’s creating, even with Martin working on the project. Part of this reason is likely because Elden Ring will let you play as a customizable character that doesn’t have a defined personality within the world. That said, Miyazaki has said that NPCs in Elden Ringwill be a bit more fleshed out compared to some of his past titles.

I, for one, welcome back this style of storytelling. Loved Dark Souls a lot because of this approach.

Barakov

I'm alright with this. In recent years I've become a fan of games that don't tell you everything and sometimes leave some things to your imagination.

Elden Rings's Storytelling will be similar to dark souls
Elden Rings's Combat will be similar to dark souls
Elden Ring will be similar to dark souls
Elden Ring's is just Dark Souls in disguise.
Yup.

Miyazaki only makes one type of games now.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Elden Rings's Storytelling will be similar to dark souls
Elden Rings's Combat will be similar to dark souls
Elden Ring will be similar to dark souls
Elden Ring's is just Dark Souls in disguise.

Except its
Open World

Ar¢tos

I'm OK with it.
I don't mind using my brain to piece the story together and using my imagination to fill in the gaps.
I don't the story to be forcefed via lame cutscenes or lore tabs in menus.

Top Bottom