• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring Shadow of the Erdtree Details: More Dense Seamless Map, Largest Expansion Ever

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
My Guts build will destroy them all

Dragon Slayer Guts GIF by Funimation

mdkirby

If I recall the melania fight correctly, I just spammed that blood swarm, and shadow step, or whatever they were called. It melted her and she barely landed a hit.

My mimic and I lit her up with the Ranni's Dark Moon Spell.....lol
Did that get nerfed? It's been forever since I fought her.

Paulxo87

I don't believe you managed to dodge the waterfowl dance and all the shit she does in her second phase in the first try

Moonlight Great sword. I used its special nonstop until she was dead. Also maxed out mimic. She was pinned against a wall and couldn't even barley get an attack off. Also I was level 150

Last edited:

Fake

Moonlight Great sword. I used its special nonstop until she was dead. Also maxed out mimic. She was pinned against a wall and couldn't even barley get an attack off. Also I was level 150

She also heal doing waterfowl on the mimic.

Sometimes is even not recommended to use summon at all.

Ribi

I killed Malenia th first time so this is underwhelming and I'm starting to question that $40 price tag even more

Also "largest expansion ever" seems like it's in every Press release for any dlc.

fart town usa

Gold Member
I didn't think Malenia was that bad, only took a few tries solo for me. Definitely some other bosses that gate-kept me for a much longer, especially the last boss, took me months to get it and even then it was largely because I summoned in a random with a great build. Still did my half of the work though.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
im still stuck at the blood god thing underground (forgets what it called). in the room with one hand sticking out from the egg

Last edited:

DemWalls

suddenly a bunch of people claiming they killed Malenia on their first try ROFL

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

I actually could have... because something like this happened, but without me doing all that stuff.

But I have a tiny bit of honor, so I reloaded the game.

I regretted it, kind of.

Duellist

Hopefully let me solo her is still around lol. I fought Malenia about 10 times or so then decided to summon help. After a couple failed attempts I ended up summoning Let me solo her. I let him do his thing. Lol

killatopak

suddenly a bunch of people claiming they killed Malenia on their first try ROFL

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF
But I did... I even posted my whole journey on the OT.

It's just that we all have different bosses where we struggled. Mine was the death bird duo and the first Crucible knight. What everyone felt with Malenia, I felt with those two.

Last edited:
i just got to malenia.
got to her second form after a few tries, then she beat me down.
havent tried again yet.

i dont really enjoy fighting bosses in this game.

NT80

People who are saying she's ultra hard are not playing with mimic tear or even summons, on purpose lol. What is even this debate ?

Mimic tears was absolutely OP, of course she is easy if you use it.

But if not she's insanely hard compared to other bosses (someone mentioned fire giant, is that a joke ?).
Yes there are ways to cheese Melania which is not what everyone exploited. I used that fire pillar pyromancy to stun lock her and do massive damage but feel I cheated myself out of the experience. I need to do it again on another playthrough.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Stiff nips.

I think I’ll go through the whole game again by then and go bitch made magic build.

So I can Panzy mode the DLC.

Did they discuss how to access the dlc? Like if I’m in new game plus past the first main boss, can I go here now? Or do I gotta be further in?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Did they discuss how to access the dlc? Like if I’m in new game plus past the first main boss, can I go here now? Or do I gotta be further in?
Based on the trailer Miquella cocoon in Mohg boss arena.
eldenring.jpg

R6Rider

Gold Member
But I did... I even posted my whole journey on the OT.

It's just that we all have different bosses where we struggled. Mine was the death bird duo and the first Crucible knight. What everyone felt with Malenia, I felt with those two.
Don't forget boss move RNG.

First time I fought Malenia I got to her second phase and never saw the waterfowl move a single time.

Neolombax

Don't think I'll get the expansion, I didn't even finish Elden Ring. But it will be fun watching people conquer the game. Looks fantastic.

hlm666

Looks like a good solid old school (or cdpr) expansion, Was the monk unarmed part an npc or a new unarmed option for players?

Mozzarella

I'm mostly excited for this new mechanic he is talking about. I know its going to be great but i wanted more than "more of the same" well its a masterpiece so more of it is not going to bother me.

Top Bottom