• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree Releases June 21, 2024 | Pre Orders Now Available

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Yea I mean I did manage to beat Margit now

I’m doing a legit no summon playthrough, so can only use ashes or npc summons only, on a faith build this time
Nice. I went back to my save and I can continue to NG+4, so I started again for the dlc. Iirc they increased greatsword damage a long time ago. What level are you? I got my new character to 15 yesterday.

SCB3

Nice. I went back to my save and I can continue to NG+4, so I started again for the dlc. Iirc they increased greatsword damage a long time ago. What level are you? I got my new character to 15 yesterday.
17 I think, I decided that Stormveil was hitting a bit too hard so the West Pennisula it is for now, the same thing I did the first time around

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
42.jpg

43.jpg

44.jpg

45.jpg

46.jpg

47.jpg

48.jpg

49.jpg

50.jpg

51.jpg

52.jpg
giphy.gif

If my "standard is low" for liking this game's visuals then fine by me.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
From Softs games are proof to me that its Art & Design over ground breaking graphics
You can still go back to Demons Souls on PS3 or even Armored Core games on PS2 and not be bothered by the its visuals...

Now go back to Heavy Rain and its fucking nightmare fuel and that game was "high tech" for its time.

Samrf89

I mean, I'll buy it anyway, but $40 is in-effin'-sane price tag, especially if they're again will be copy & pasting / reusing "bosses" dozens of times.
I sure hope that From at the very least will expand the already existing map and integrate this DLC into the main game to seamlessly transition from one of the endings into the expansion and continue playing.

The main game's map is gigantic and empty, there's almost nothing there to find and explore beyond groups of enemies, somewhat the same looking dungeons and story locations. The map below is severely underused in comparison to what's on the surface and it'll be cool to see and explore more of what lies bellow along with more and new meaningful content above.
welp here it is, the dumbest thing i've read today.

kikkis

Kind of wish this would release in September. Sweating indoors on summer playing elden ring doesn't sound awesome. Yes, I could just play it later, but I am too weak willed for that.

simpatico

2024 is a good year for gaming thanks to this even if nothing else comes out. FromSoft is so far ahead of everyone else it's not even funny. Capcom might be the only other studio in contention, and they're even a clear (but respectable) step below.

I was supposed to wait until close to release to pick up Elden Ring again. But the trailer reignited my love for the game. I fired it up last week just for a bit and now, just like that, I am all the way back in. Played hundreds of hours already and still so many completely unexplored places on the map. Went and found Mohgwyn's Palace last night, killed his ass, and all ready for the DLC. Just the environmental storytelling in that one area alone is so damn good. Not to mention the view... It really is the greatest video game ever made.

I need to explore the consecrated Snowfield more, find and kill Melania, and I suppose get to the last bosses and actually beat the game. Guess I have plenty of time before June 21st. This game rules. BG3 was and is amazing, but I was foolish to think that any recent game was close to ER. Ten minutes back in The Lands Between makes it clear that this game is on a different level than anything that has come out in a long time.

Top Bottom