• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring speed run 1 minute 23

MZWwkog_d.webp
That is the weirdest fucking picture of people I think I’ve ever seen. That looks like some hills have eyes kind of shit.

Caio

How do people even find these glitches?
'cause they don't play games, they do something else, and I feel so sad for them.
edited : this thread is trash, and should be considered like that.

Last edited:

lyan

speed run should be about the player go through the content as quick as possible, not skipping the all game and claim speed run
This just got too extreme, stuff like Portal speedruns I think are totally fine despite the skippings.

iceatcs

I don’t see any wrong with this speed run. It just show there is a crack speed run. Devs failed to prevent it.

Mean the devs could have better coding and Q&T.

Last edited:

Pejo

I don’t see any wrong with this speed run. It just show there is a crack speed run. Devs failed to prevent it.

Mean the devs could have better coding and Q&T.
So it's dev's fault that these...people... are obsessively looking for glitches and exploits? Do you think that many normal players ran into/experienced this glitch in normal play?

Majukun

still not finished the game so i can't watch it, but i imagine at this point they don't even fight bosses anymore and just warp somewhere

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
It's more impressive when you've been following these guys from day one. It's not as if these glitches were just googled or provided by the devs. These guys have spent 100's and 100's of hours finding this shit and then refining over and over to shave literal seconds off each run. Distortion2 on YouTube has been fantastic to watch and the progression and evolution of these runs has been an entertaining complement to the game.

Tarnished

speed run should be about the player go through the content as quick as possible, not skipping the all game and claim speed run

There are multiple categories of speed run, this is the "as fast as possible regardless of method". There are speed runs where you have to kill all the story bosses.

Zambatoh

Where is the power of the Next-Gen? Isn't it supposed to load world textures easily and quickly?
Most games are still optimized for hard drives. SSDs just speed that up a little bit, but are otherwise not really being used to their potential.
That and the game can only load textures if you step into the correct zone that tells the engine to load these assets in the first place.

Last edited:
This make no sense, that’s like asking people to watch the cutscene as fast as possible without skipping.

There’s a reason why there’s different categories: to the credits as fast as possible, kill all bosses, collect all trophies, etc.

That’s like 400m race Vs. 100m race Vs. 100m with obstacles.

“But you can’t run, you have to walk, like everyone else!”

SLB1904

Banned
This make no sense, that’s like asking people to watch the cutscene as fast as possible without skipping.

There’s a reason why there’s different categories: to the credits as fast as possible, kill all bosses, collect all trophies, etc.

like this post makes any sense

clem84

Gold Member
This brings into question what should be considered beating a game. Glitching the game to skip parts of it, I think that's fine. But beating the final boss to me is kind of integral to the experience of beating a game. If you don't have that, then yeah it's basically one gigantic glitch.

I would satisfied with this being called "fastest to the credits". I wouldn't necessarily call this beating the game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom