• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring to make appearance at the Taipei Game Show (28th January)?

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: Reddit

So, Grubb dropped a hint earlier in a video about it not being a huge amount of months off

Following the recent mentions of the discord message leak we got of the one who shall not be named, saying that From has our backs and the fact that Grubb is saying it should appear in about 1-2 months, there's been a lot of discussion on the disc server about it.

This year, if anyone remembers, there was supposed to be this game event held in Taiwan called the Taipei Gameshow. It was cancelled because of Coronavirus restrictions, but one of the games that was meant to be shown there was Elden Ring. (This can be seen here https://twinfinite.net/2020/01/sony-ps4-taipei-game-show-2020/)

The guess was that it might show up Taipei 2021(https://tgs.tca.org.tw/b2bzone_e.php) which is happening on Jan 28th 2021. It would fit the time period we were given by the one who shall not be named and Grubb.

SJRB

Gold Member
87bbadf6-ba42-450c-ba38-804a04599435.png

Vae_Victis

Banned
Funny how people are getting salty over Elden Ring, as Sekiro came out in 2019.

No one has any issues waiting at least 4-6 years for the next SSM, ND or Rockstar game tho.
From Software has two separate main development teams, the people who did Sekiro are most likely not working on Elden Ring at all. Elden Ring is being developed by the Dark Souls 3 team, who started in early 2017 after shipping The Ringed City.

Hooks

Are we going to do this before every game show until it’s eventually shown, I’m still disappointed it wasn’t shown at the game awards

Anki

Banned
Why is everyone so negative? We know that elden ring development is going fine, even Phill Spenser said he played it.
Some people were saying that because of covid instead of this year they would show it at the beginning of the next year with release soon after.

Kenpachii

We saw a cgi trailer. u can bet the game just started development after that reveal. I won't be shocked if its done at the end of this gen or even start of new gen. Wouldn't hold my hopes for anything relevant anytime soon.

brian0057

Banned
We can do it, guys!
If we just keep guessing the appearance of the game at every show from here to eternity, we'll get it right at some point.
Because apparently we haven't learned anything from Cyberpunk 2077.
Get the hype train going!

cormack12

Gold Member
We can do it, guys!
If we just keep guessing the appearance of the game at every show from here to eternity, we'll get it right at some point.
Because apparently we haven't learned anything from Cyberpunk 2077.
Get the hype train going!

Oh man, that one time it's true out of all the times, you going to look so daft.

brian0057

Banned
Oh man, that one time it's true out of all the times, you going to look so daft.
Yeah, the hype surrounding Death Stranding sure was insane for such a mediocre game.
Wait, that's not the game you're referring to. Maybe you mean No Man's Sky? Or was it Watch_Dogs?
Oh, I got it. It was Anthem, right? No? Does Aliens: Colonial Marines count?

I'm sorry, you're right. This is the only time overhyping a game has backfired.
Please, do go on.

cormack12

Gold Member
Yeah, the hype surrounding Death Stranding sure was insane for such a mediocre game.
Wait, that's not the game you're referring to. Maybe you mean No Man's Sky? Or was it Watch_Dogs?
Oh, I got it. It was Anthem, right? No? Does Aliens: Colonial Marines count?

I'm sorry, you're right. This is the only time overhyping a game has backfired.
Please, do go on.

I think you took my post the wrong way lol. I'm making fun of the amount of times we see these until the one time it's right. Calm it down bro.

brian0057

Banned
I think you took my post the wrong way lol. I'm making fun of the amount of times we see these until the one time it's right. Calm it down bro.
My apologies then.
Sarcasm isn't my forte when communicated through text.
I'll leave my response up as a monument to my stupidity.
Cheers, mate.

GrayChild

From Software has two separate main development teams, the people who did Sekiro are most likely not working on Elden Ring at all. Elden Ring is being developed by the Dark Souls 3 team, who started in early 2017 after shipping The Ringed City.

Rockstar are functioning in a similar way, sometimes with multiple teams working on a single game. You have Rockstar North, Edinburg, Toronto etc.

Nezzeroth

If the game was really supposed to be shown at that event early this year, it would have been shown either there or at some other event this year. Delaying that trailer a whole year because of Covid makes zero sense.

I don't think we'll see anything else until E3, if that.

Vae_Victis

Banned
Rockstar are functioning in a similar way, sometimes with multiple teams working on a single game. You have Rockstar North, Edinburg, Toronto etc.

I know that, but you said that Sekiro was released in 2019, implying it was too early for From Software to be ready to release something else, so I pointed out that the people who worked on Sekiro are for the most part not the same working on Elden Ring.

Also, I don't think most people are "salty" over some arbitrary amount of time in which they decided From Software needs to release their next game. The thing is that From Software themselves said the game was coming out in 2020, but now 2020 has come and gone, and not only the game was not released, but From didn't say A SINGLE WORD MORE about it, the delay, new possible release dates, the state of the project, whether destination platforms have changed, or any concrete info about the game itself at all (apart from "it's our biggest game ever").

Top Bottom