• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Election Day Bets

Status
Not open for further replies.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
We've all made them.

I have a particularly fun one this year where I am barred from posting about politics online for a year if Hillary wins but if she loses I get to choose a tag.

ZLJIRfK.jpg

Anybody want to help me choose my tag? We all know how tonight's going down and I have a feeling I'll be posting bright and early tomorrow with a smile on my face!

What bets do other GAF posters have this year?

theecakee

I bet my friend $50 that Hillary would win. He thought Trump would win because he has seen a lot of Trump signs.

We live in central Pennsylvania so...no shit he saw a lot of Trump signs, this area isn't a good sample size for the entire country.

I may just tell him to keep the money though.

molnizzle

We've all made them.

I have a particularly fun one this year where I am barred from posting about politics online for a year if Hillary wins but if she loses I get to choose a tag.

ZLJIRfK.jpg

Anybody want to help me choose my tag? We all know how tonight's going down and I have a feeling I'll be posting bright and early tomorrow with a smile on my face!

Oh man. You understand that when you lose this bet you can't even post about it, right? That's how they're gonna getcha.

zeemumu

I bet you won't be able to shut up about politics for a year when you lose.

It's fine. He'll somehow end up dating a gargoyle for a year and if he trips up she'll catch him.

if anyone gets this joke, you're the best.

OP being the kind of person who would have a screenshot of a post of his on his goddamn op makes me think he won't follow this through.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Oh man. You understand that when you lose this bet you can't even post about it, right? That's how they're gonna getcha.

You're assuming I lose the bet. America isn't going to let me down like that.

I know how this goes down. If Trump loses I will vanish from political online postings for a year. Not even a peep.

I'm a man of my word.

JordanN

Banned

Stumpokapow
#MakeAmericaGreatAgain

You're assuming I lose the bet. America isn't going to let me down like that.

I know how this goes down. If Trump loses I will vanish from political online postings for a year. Not even a peep.

I'm a man of my word.

It's not just political-centric threads, though. The criteria clearly states, “promise never to post about politics anywhere on the internet for the next year.” So that means you've promised to not discuss matters of the political, even if it were to reply to someone in a thread unrelated. So, for example, if people start making political analogies in a discussion about game of thrones, you have agreed to keep your mouth out of that particular discussion.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
It's not just political-centric threads, though. The criteria clearly states, “promise never to post about politics anywhere on the internet for the next year.” So that means you've promised to not discuss matters of the political, even if it were to reply to someone in a thread unrelated. So, for example, if people start making political analogies in a discussion about game of thrones, you have agreed to keep your mouth out of that particular discussion.

I understand what I bet. Lol
Political discussion capability disappears from my online mind.

Kirye

If Trump wins feel free to give me the most demeaning, insulting tag you want. Or change my username to Fuckface von Clownstick. That's how sure I am that he'll lose!

I bet a whole lot of people are going to end up with low-grade alcohol poisoning before the night is out. Be sure to drink plenty of water. Stay safe people!

I tried to make bets with some of my friends that I would give them each $100 if Trump wins, but no one took me up on my offer.

Then I made another no-strings-attached bet with a friend that I would buy him any $60 of his choice if Hillary loses.

We've all made them.

Well, it's going to be a long year for you then.

Sure: "If you see me posting about politics, report me immediately"

Audioboxer

You're gonna get baited every time you post.

Gonna be a rough year for you.

So who's gonna place a bet on his bet that he ends up getting banned within the year for talking about politics?

Betception.

In reality don't ban bet/avatar bet on GAF. You will always lose at some point. These are wise words, they are not nofunallowed.jpg. Just check some tags you see or names that turn to "banned".

If Trump wins ban me

lol imagine in the reality where he does win though. Major depression, followed up by even more depression you've just lost access to GAF.

Trump's campaign manager legit pisses me off. Just lying through her teeth about Trump constantly. It's mind boggling that she would work for a man that sexually assaults/verbally degrades women and then brags about it. She must be getting a pretty nice check. Or has no moral compass.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Trump's campaign manager legit pisses me off. Just lying through her teeth about Trump constantly. It's mind boggling that she would work for a man that sexually assaults/verbally degrades women and then brags about it. She must be getting a pretty nice check. Or has no moral compass.

Selfish beings tend not to think of others, make choices like that even easier.

I say both to your last two lines.

Fuchsdh

Looking like if Clinton wins I'll make $300 off PredictIt markets.

I know there are some PoliGAF denizens with more money than sense who proclaimed to gamble thousands on the outcome during the primary, which is just crazy to me unless you're living a Tabris-level lifestyle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom