• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Electronic Musical Instruments OT : GAF Can Dance If We Want To

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

Really ambitious, and neat. 500 hours is a lot of time to put into a project like that, but maybe the research involved in creating it will pay dividends for him on other projects, or the exposure for him and his channel.

In other news, Behringer keeps cranking 'em out:

Chankoras

Really ambitious, and neat. 500 hours is a lot of time to put into a project like that, but maybe the research involved in creating it will pay dividends for him on other projects, or the exposure for him and his channel..

Indeed, hats off to him, and also the toolset, which despite being marketed as a game, is a power well thought out piece of software.

Last edited:

Clockwork5

Logic 10.5 hit yesterday. It is essentially a wishlist of most demanded features over the past 10 years!

This is such a huge update. I’m practically in tears here.

A List of Major New Features in Logic Pro X 10.5:

-Live Loops - a grid-based music production and live performance toolkit
-Remix FX - a playable multi-FX plugin for individual tracks and mixing
-Step Sequencer - an integrated sequencer with a multitude of programmable parameters
-Pattern Loops - a new category of loops designed specifically for the Step Sequencer
-Quick Sampler - a Drag and Drop single sample instrument
-Sampler - Logics new main sampler instrument replacement for the EXS24
-Drum Synth - Logics new electronic drum instrument
-Auto Sampler - a new utility to sample any hardware or software instrument
-Drum Machine Designer - redesigned and now works with Quick Sampler or any instrument
-And More -lots of new content/loops and several other workflow features
Any other logic junkies out there??

Mamofish

Got the new Syntakt from Elektron, thing is really awesome! I've only been messing with it a few days and have some great little songs going on it.

zoAiiuy.jpg

T-Square

Got the new Syntakt from Elektron, thing is really awesome! I've only been messing with it a few days and have some great little songs going on it.

zoAiiuy.jpg
^seeing a flood of these since release. especially reddit

I just grabbed a volca drum today and ordered a bluebox. once it arrives my mobile setup is complete

Mamofish

^seeing a flood of these since release. especially reddit

I just grabbed a volca drum today and ordered a bluebox. once it arrives my mobile setup is complete
Nice! Volca drum is a great little box. Unfortunately, mine fried when I tried to plug it into a distortion pedal :( haven't gotten it repaired yet, it's probably not even worth repair costs at this point..

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

Feeling good about the syntakt purchase still.. anyone else got any new synths?

Congrats on the Syntakt. First Elektron box? I've been curious about the Digitakt and Digitone for a long time but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Mamofish

Congrats on the Syntakt. First Elektron box? I've been curious about the Digitakt and Digitone for a long time but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Thanks! I'm quite the Elektron fan, I've got the Rytm, Heat, Octatrack, Digitakt, Digitone and now Syntakt. I'm actually selling my Digitakt and Digitone now if you are interested. I realized I don't like working with samples as much and I'm very beat focused so I'm just keeping the Rytm and Syntakt.

I'm finding it hard to justify owning the Digitakt while also having the OT, the DT is a lot faster and easier to work with but, they both have 8 sample/midi channels. The digitone is hard to sell.. It's got a great sound and can do a lot. It's just not fitting in my workflow.

Last edited:
Top Bottom