• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elements/features of the Halo franchise you want in Halo 4

Kujo

Hitscan
Good multiplayer maps
Make Objective good again
No Forge maps in matchmaking
Waterworks

Elements from a certain other franchise:
60fps
Ricochet

gl.png

thissssssssssssssssssss!!!

Halo 2 brute shot was legendary and super fun, it turned into a pile of poo in halo 3.

My list for Halo 4:
No bloom: it slowed down gameplay tremendously and was random
No armor lock, camo as an armor ability, or drop shield
Power ups return to what they were in h1 and 2 like camo makes you very hard to see and the over shield is 2 layers of extra shielding
Faster movement like in h1
Do not use reach's inertia system or movement it felt so sluggish to jump and move
Frag grenades that aren't nukes or stick to the players armor
Hitscan weapons
Utility weapon like the h1 pistol or h2 battle rifle
Bleed through for weapons and melee
Ranking system like h3 or preferably h2
No forge world please makes maps that were similar to h2
Make the ammo counter in your HUD have a picture like in h1-3 for example the rocket always had a missile as the picture in the ammo counter. Reach made it so that it was like a line that just bugged me.
Active rosters
Clan matches
Skillful sniper

Raide

More Forge!!!

Terrain building.
Ability to add weather Effects.
More advanced lighting.
No crazy limit on Grav Lifts! If I don't use all the vehicles, free up space for other items I do use.
Copy and Paste for objects.
Being able to align objects and then lock objects so I can move things in bulk.
Way more objects. If its in Halo 4, it should be in Forge to play with.
Multiple different skins for objects. More than just gray.
Forerunner, Covenant and Human architecture.
Sort out the framerate issue when too many objects are linked in one place.
More options for gameplay customisation.
Make adding/building gamemodes way more user friendly.
While I did love Forgeworld, just give us a variety of different size and shaped worlds to choose from. In the end, people did not care about all the background stuff.
Ability to add Sounds to levels.
Have some prefab events built into the editor. Exploding walls, breaking doors, collapsing bridges etc. Would make building Invasion maps way more interesting.
Adding A.I into the map for FireFight maps or being able to add A.I ships that fly over various maps.

PNut

Banned
I truly want Custom games to be fun to play again. No one plays them in Reach. It's all about credits. I can remember so many good times playing games like Jenga, Halo on Halo, Ice Cream Man, and Rocket Race in Halo 3. Sooo much fun.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Everything from halo 2 multiplayer.

how the game types worked (including contesting), the quick "guide" friends list, the maps, the ranks, EVERYTHING*

*Excluding weapons, BxR/BxB and super jumps ;)

Top Bottom