^^Sounds pretty neat! Thanks for that. Can you say at what point in the video the screenshots are at? A little difficult to sift through 34 minutes of video.
If it plays somewhat similar to Witcher 3, I'll be all over this. Action RPG with precise responsive dodging, instant magic casting, sword combat, etc... would be glorious.
Witcher 3 is probably a very high benchmark
Piranha Bytes are a studio of 30 people, but I would expect an level up from Risen 3
They said something about how they want to change the combat I'm going to check the video
I didn't actually say that you said that. I paraphrased generally. Nonetheless, it's easy to assume that "precise, responsive" is a descriptor of the comma-separated list of features that follows. Unless you're just excited that a game would have "sword combat" period, which is weird.Where did I say Witcher 3 has responsive sword combat?
No, I highlighted the parts I disagreed with (I assumed that by "sword combat" you meant that it was good, if you just meant that it had it, well... okay then).Your highlighting random bits of my post to make it say that was stupid.
Ok, so what did you mean by "sword combat"? You just want Witcher 3-like sword combat in Elex because reasons?
So it's not exactly his fault for assuming you think the Witcher 3 has good responsive sword combat now is it?
It is his fault for assuming that I was talking about responsive sword combat when responsive was only used for dodging. If he wasn't sure, he should have asked for clarification if I meant responsive sword combat rather than making an asinine post.
Dude calm down. Anyway it doesn't even matter because I still think you're crazy for wanting Witcher-like combat, it doesn't matter if you referred to dodging or melee attacks, lol.It is his fault for assuming that I was talking about responsive sword combat when responsive was only used for dodging. If he wasn't sure, he should have asked for clarification if I meant responsive sword combat rather than making an asinine post.
You went off the rails pretty damn quickly off a misunderstanding and perceived antagonistic position of another poster.
The game sounds too good to be true. I hope they can pull it off. I have been waiting for a game like this. I hope the console ports are ok.
great writeup, just a few more additions:New Infos from gamescom
Source video has some screenshots
- In dev since ~ 1,5 years
-third person RPG like Risen or Gothic
- post apocalyptic, people having different levels of technology ( a bit like Horizon)
- Enemies won't level with you
- one big continent instead of Islands like in Risen
- Going to have of different regions (desert, woods, ice and swamp mentioned)
- Player is going to have a Jetpack !
- Every player starts at the same place (in Risen apparently players could start at different Islands, didn't played the Risen games so I can't comment on that)
- Elex is a Substance from space and came to the world because of a meteorite
- Game plays hundreds of years after crash
- Elex changed fauna and flora
- By consuming Elex you get stronger and Magic abilities, But you "degenerate" and Loose Emotion, acting more like machine (acting based on logic, not emotions) than a human being. Elex consumers also have different skin color (white/gray)
- wrong usage can result into mutations
- Thats why Moral System is not simply about whether you are good or bad, instead it's about whether you are a human or more like machine. Beeing more like machine isn't necessary a bad and being human a good thing
- in the word of the game Elex is a wanted resource, you consume it or put in machines ( eg. Jetpack) the Some guild can use it without the side effect and calls it Mana. Elex is essential and you have to youse it in some way
- is inspired by Star Wars (by having Fantasy and Sci Fi Elements)
- Player was someone who heavily consumed Elex, was a commander in a military Group which are Elex users. before the game starts his glider got shots and he lies some were for three weeks, so without Elex he is more human again when the game starts. For the first time he feels Emotions and sees the world different, similar to the Movie Equilibrium
- Normal people don't like him because he fought against them when he was part of the military group, but he also have problems to connect with his old group
- target Q4 2016 PC/Xbox One/PS4